johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

Five weeks of Prop & Var and Nada?

Hey bros,

Well, I'm starting week six of 100mg of QV Prop every 36 hours and 40mg of Var/day and haven't gained a pound! It wouldn't bother me so much if these five weeks hadn't been torture from the Prop pain.

Okay, so I'm getting at least 450grams protein/day, min 3500 cals/day. I weigh 240 at 6'5". Working out like an animal, getting lots of rest, drinking plenty of water.

I've only got four more weeks. Some of my lifts have gone up but that's it.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I would check your gear out bro.
    5 weeks into QV prop I had noticable size increase and strenght.
    Stuff hurts like a b---- but well worth it IMO

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    I would check your gear out bro.
    5 weeks into QV prop I had noticable size increase and strenght.
    Stuff hurts like a b---- but well worth it IMO
    Yah like MBaraso said, check your gear, you should DEFINITELY be seeing some good strength and size gains nd being harder. Post a pic of your bottles in the steoird pics section and someone will be able to tell you if it is real or not. Good luck bro.

P.S. QV is one of the EASIEST to spot fakes (do a search if you don't know what I am talking about)

Well, the Prop checks out perfectly as far as the labels go -in fact I got it from two different sources and they're all identical and all match the real thing pix. The hologram is definitely good, etc.

It's weird but I'm beginning to think test has little affect on me as far as growth goes.

Keep in mind I've had all the negative sides -sweaty at night, elevated resting pulse, shrinking nads. I'm just now starting to get little zits on my chest and upper back. Sexdrive was up the first few weeks, but never "through the roof".

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You need more calories, you should be gaining from the extra calories alone

JohnnyB

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    What's your bmr? I weigh about 30 lbs less than you and my bmr is about 2600. I'd up the caloric intake 500-1000. I'm going to be running this exact cycle w/ 75-100mg prop and 30-40mg anavar injectable ed. I've never done prop but from what i've read on here 100 every 36 hrs isn't a lot for a guy your size. <Maybe up the prop to but i dunno, just shooting in the dark . Good luck, keep us posted.

Hey, thanks for the feedback bros!

I'm going to try to up the calories. I'm pretty antsy about it cuz I don't want to put on any fat (everyone called this a "lean mass" cycle anyway). I know most days I go over 4000 but I've been trying to push it up lately. I eat a minimum 7 X/day, though at night it's usually caseinate in skim milk with a pile of flax oil caps. I only go for major carbs before and after workouts.

I'm going to up the dose too, though 100mg/ed seems like way much to me -this is only my second cycle (and by the way, I'm 51!) and Prop has a higher test dose/ml than enanthate or cyp. 700mg/week may be more like 900mg/week of the longer chain esters, though I've never found the exact numbers.

Let us know how works out. Try upping the calories first. If that doesn't work then increase the dosage. If you do both at the same time and really start to see results you won't know what to contribute the gains too. But in either way GL

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump up cals for sure but if you start gaining unwanted weight then start adding cardio on non-training days. I would also consider keeping the dosage constant and extending the cycle a little longer. An extra 3-4 weeks can make a world of a difference.

MachZ is offline Member
    Whats you workout look like?
    In 6 weeks if your working out as hard as you say then you should be able to pack a few pounds on even if you were doing it natural.
    Like the good bro's above said up the cals and recheck your workout routine as you might need to alter it up.

Thanks bros for all the input.

Actually maybe I just need a new SCALE. Yesterday it said 240 and today 247!! A week ago it said 243. I'm trying to only weigh myself once a week but I decided to take another peak. The thing is wacked!! THAT may be my only problem!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody

Actually maybe I just need a new SCALE. Yesterday it said 240 and today 247!! A week ago it said 243. I'm trying to only weigh myself once a week but I decided to take another peak. The thing is wacked!! THAT may be my only problem!!
    LMFAO HAHAHAHA

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody

Now that you mention that maybe your slowly going up in LBM and down in BF as prop doesn't have you holding any water.
    As long as your strength is going up conststantly then its probably working.

Quote Originally Posted by MachZ
    Now that you mention that maybe your slowly going up in LBM and down in BF as prop doesn't have you holding any water.
    As long as your strength is going up conststantly then its probably working.
    Yeah, my strength's def going up, which could just be that Var, but my recupe ability is way high too, which I assume is more the test. Actually I thought I'd gained a bit of fat, which was another reason I freaked.

Maybe next time I weigh myself I'll be 254. Or 235! I gotta toss that **** scale.

Thread Information