Iron006 is offline New Member

Glucosamine and Chondroitin?

I have taken glucosamine and chondroitin for a while off and on, and i can't really tell the difference when i take it and when I don't. Are these products just another way for supplement companies to make money or are the the real deal?

Swellin Guest
    They are the real deal. Unfortunately, they take at least 6-8 weeks to start helping. If you go off them, you have to start over with building up your levels. I have horrible joints, and right now I am 7 weeks into my cycle. I started 6 weeks prior with Gluco & condr. I am alsoi running a low dose of deca . My joints have not felt this good in ten years.

I am starting my next cycle in about 10 weeks. So I should go ahead and start taking the Gluco and Chon then?

Swellin Guest
    Absolutely! Don't stop it either. I honestly can't afford to stop those supps. My joints won't allow it. You can get them from a pharmacy for a super cheap price.

What will you be running on your cycle?

400 mg Cip. and 200 mg Deca a week for 10 weeks...

Swellin Guest
    The deca will also help your joints. I assume you have nolva on hand, and clomid and nolva for pct?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron006
    I have taken glucosamine and chondroitin for a while off and on, and i can't really tell the difference when i take it and when I don't. Are these products just another way for supplement companies to make money or are the the real deal?
    I thought they were decent myself. They helped with some pain, but ultimately concentrating on better form and and strengthening auxillary muscles helped me to the point of no more pains.

If you can find some vet stores, they usually have a powdered form for horses that is dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron006
    If you can add at least 1mg of MSM to the mix, it will have an even greater effect. Many companies are making the 3 component combos now, but MSM really does add to the benefits of gluc/chond. I take 3mg/2.5mg/2mg(gluc/chond/MSM) daily and am loving the effects. There are also said to be fat-burning properties at these doses and higher, but there is no good explanation as to the mechanism, so I'm not sold on that. As for my joints, they're loving it. The cost/benefit to this supp is invaluable.

Thread Information