jbe
    jbe is offline New Member

what is this? infection?

I poked 1 cc of winny into my right glute last wednesday the 14th, and it hurt a little more than usual going in. so two days later, friday, it was still sore but i didn't think it was any big deal so i did legs anyway. Since saturday morning I have been barely able to walk. It's been very sore to the touch, and it was a little swollen for a while. I've been living on ibuprofen. I went into my school's athletic trainers and told them i pulled a muscle there so they've got me iceing it and doing electrolysis on it as well. It hasn't seemed to get any better and today I've noticed a swollen/painful gland on the right side of my groin. Could this be an infection? I'm pretty worried about it.

jbe
    in addition, i sometimes get pains shooting down into my calfs as well.

TestFreak is offline Associate Member
    Well first off bro i would suggest you go to a doctor before it gets any worse. im not sure what it is but i would definatly get it checked out

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Go to your doc and tell the truth,you could have an abcess....not positive but you have to see a doc for sure,especially if a gland is swollen.

jbe
    so what happens if it's an abcess? and there's patient/doctor confidentiality right? he can't tell anyone anything of what i say, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jbe
    so what happens if it's an abcess? and there's patient/doctor confidentiality right? he can't tell anyone anything of what i say, right?
    Correct...a doc can only call police if he believes you will harm someone or yourself in a violent manner.There are a few grey areas but your ok,I asked my doc about this just out of curiosity.

jbe
    thanks for the help.... could this kind of thing be pretty serious or will i just get an antibiotic and be on my way?

If it's an abcess,it will have to be drained,but if it's an infection an antibiotic and your gone.

Good luck bro

jbe
    ok, so with an abcess would i get increased swelling? because i haven't...

jbe
    i just examined it a little more and there's an area near the injection spot that is harder than normal tissue, and it is a little bit swollen i guess, but it's not like normal swelling

Quote Originally Posted by jbe
    ok, so with an abcess would i get increased swelling? because i haven't...
    I've seen abcess before and swelling is a sign.If you don't have swelling could be an infection,but I'm not a doctor,but please see on right away,you could even have blood poisoning.Do your arm pits hurt??

jbe
    nah my arm pits are fine.... i'm going to go to our wellness center tomorrow morning and get it checked out

jbe
    thanks for all the help, i've got a physics test in the morning that i have to study for so i'll check back later to see if anyone else has some insights. any help would be great!

Thread Information