jpmacco is offline Associate Member

body fat vs muscle growth

If you are gaining fat during your cycle while sticking to a good diet plan should you change your diet, increase the cardio, or just let yourself gain the fat and lose it post cycle?

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    I think what your seeing isn't fat but water retention. What is your current cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by TRE
    I think what your seeing isn't fat but water retention. What is your current cycle.

400mg per wk. EQ-Tokyo -Batch 001B
    500mg per wk.Enanthate -QV -Batch 013
    Proviron -50mg per day
    Propecia-1mg per day

Water retention wouldn't read as body fat would it? I have a bf scale.

TRE
    The only reliable body fat test is the one where they send a current of electricity thru your body. The others can be fooled by water retention. I would almost guarentee its water retention.

Zues is offline Associate Member
    My question to all this would be, What if you took water pills during a cycle. Would that help with getting rid of the water retention. However last I knew a little water retention was good for the joints.

Quote Originally Posted by TRE
    The only reliable body fat test is the one where they send a current of electricity thru your body. The others can be fooled by water retention. I would almost guarentee its water retention.

Hmmm interesting...Wouldn't proviron reduce the retention though?

Also, shouldn't the muscle you're gaining reduce the b/f? I seem to be gaining the most around the waist and stomach.

TRE
    Water retention helps build mass and losing body fat is harder then it seems. How many guys do you see at the gym that work out religiously and are strong but still fat. Cardio, clean diet, and or cytomel and clen are ways to reduce fat.

simplyjakked is offline Member
    its probably water retention and yes it can effect a bf test. the best way to determine if you bf is higher than you want is look in the mirror! with your cycle you are going to retain some water i would worry more about getting ripped after your cycle!

helios is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues
    My question to all this would be, What if you took water pills during a cycle. Would that help with getting rid of the water retention. However last I knew a little water retention was good for the joints.
    diuretics is not going to solve the problem. Water retention is best combated with anti-e's.

mman is offline Junior Member
    Aren't you the person who is seven weeks into a cycle with no results?? I would cut your losses and stop injecting miscellaneous oils into your body. Stick with a maintenence diet for now until you get some legitimate gear.

TRE
    By the way I was not reffering to shedding water with diuretics. He asked if he should be losing fat since he is on steroids .

Quote Originally Posted by simplyjakked
    its probably water retention and yes it can effect a bf test. the best way to determine if you bf is higher than you want is look in the mirror! with your cycle you are going to retain some water i would worry more about getting ripped after your cycle!

If it's higher than you want should you do more cardio and cut back on the carbs?

TRE
    as far as water no you need to take more anti-es. Your taking proviron already so throw in 20 mg of nolv a day and that should help.

k_kingston is offline Associate Member
    form what i've read about those scales, the mre water you retain the lower the bf count it will give you and vice versa. I to have one of those scales (tanita) about $80. I have been trying to bulk up and the thing says i have gaine about 7% bf. From doing the math this scale is telling me i gained like 16 lbs of fat and lost 4 lbs of muscle. I dont trust it. They are not made for bb,atheletes or anyone who exercise intensely for at least 10 hours a week (says so on the box and manual and website).
    I still do use it sometimes but i like to use the mirror the best as well as how my pants fit in the waist. Do a search for tanita on this site and there is a ton of info.

Quote Originally Posted by k_kingston
    form what i've read about those scales, the mre water you retain the lower the bf count it will give you and vice versa. I to have one of those scales (tanita) about $80. I have been trying to bulk up and the thing says i have gaine about 7% bf. From doing the math this scale is telling me i gained like 16 lbs of fat and lost 4 lbs of muscle. I dont trust it. They are not made for bb,atheletes or anyone who exercise intensely for at least 10 hours a week (says so on the box and manual and website).
    I still do use it sometimes but i like to use the mirror the best as well as how my pants fit in the waist. Do a search for tanita on this site and there is a ton of info.
    Yeah I have the tanita too and sometimes it says my bf goes or down up 5 points in a day. I usually just go by my waistline (which has also gone up)

simplyjakked is offline Member
    those scales suck! if you feel you have too high a bf i would suggest cutting sugars (assuming they are high) and very little carbs after your midday snack (assuming you eat more than 3 square meals). definatly hit cardio in the morning for about 45min. and dont run because you will start to burn muscle!

k_kingston is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmacco
    Yeah I have the tanita too and sometimes it says my bf goes or down up 5 points in a day. I usually just go by my waistline (which has also gone up)
    yeah, try to use it only once a day or every 3 rd day at the same time of day. First thing in the morning after pissing. Sound s like i am in the same situation as you. When i gained that fat i had stopped my cardio. I used to do about 15-20 miles a week on treadmill. I noticed i was getting a little bigger , but i was losing alot of definito. Six pack was almost completely gone unless i flexed it. I just started up my cardio again 2 weeks ago and started an eca again. I am doing 40-50 mnutes on tread mill at about 60-65% max heart rate and have lost 3 %bf and about 4 lbs. in 2 weeks, according to the tanita scale. I f it is wrong hopefully it's cocnsistantly wrong which still makes it good for tracking progress. i have noticed in the last 2 weeks my definiton coming back and waist is slimmer. It gets frustrating as hell trying to put on LBM and gaining fat and looking worse than when you were skinnier.
    Next time try this experiment, use the scale before you get in the shower and then use it right after, make sure you are completly dried off especially your feet. I will almost gaurantee when you take it the second time (after shower) you will be be 1-2% less bf on the scale reading.
    Last edited by k_kingston; 01-23-2004 at 02:59 PM.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyjakked
    and dont run because you will start to burn muscle!

you can still run and not burn up muscle...

Thread Information