Johnny Boy is offline Associate Member

Body weight Vs. Amount of gear needed

I am curious to know if someone's body mass has a bearing on how much gear they need. For example, would someone who is 250 lbs need more AAS than someone who is 150 lbs? And forget about experience, lets say this is their first or second cycle. Is experience the only factor in determining ones dose amounts?

TestFreak is offline Associate Member
    I believe that to be true with any medicine one is taking although tolerence levels are another thing to take into account

longhornDr is offline Member
    Effective dose increases with LBM and adipose tissue.

Not really an issue these days as the "normal" cycles are ridiculous overkill anyways.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    "normal" cycles are ridiculous overkill anyways.
    Yes, I asked this question quite a few years ago and TNT responded in the exact same manner..

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I think it would depend on how the 250lber got there. We all produce between 40-70mg a week of test a week. So we'd all start at the same doses.

JohnnyB

This is what makes steroids more difficult bc we can not just base how much someone should you by there weight. it is all about trial and error.

rlslmshdy is offline Junior Member
    this is a question I have since I weigh only 135 lbs. I take less of other prescription drugs. Plus it takes less alcohol for a smaller person to get drunk. So maybe roids might be the same way??

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    interesting thread..........

i'm curious to hear more.

peace I4L

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron4life79
    interesting thread..........

i'm curious to hear more.

peace I4L

Want me to send you the story he wrote me in the thread... He cleared it up for me quite a bit..

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    sure bro............i'd be interested in reading it.

peace I4L

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think that as one starts out any average cycle is going to be enough to see gains no matter what the weight someone starts at since it is such a huge jump in hormone levels. However as one begins to hold more muscle it is the nature of his body to want to become more catabolic. When someone reaches the size of a pro bodybuilder then he has to constantly take in more food and drugs in the battle against losing muscle. You rarely see significant gains in size once pro BB's reach a certain level. It becomes a game of who can keep as much muscle as possible while getting leaner then the next guy. This requires more drugs.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    I think that as one starts out any average cycle is going to be enough to see gains no matter what the weight someone starts at since it is such a huge jump in hormone levels. However as one begins to hold more muscle it is the nature of his body to want to become more catabolic. When someone reaches the size of a pro bodybuilder then he has to constantly take in more food and drugs in the battle against losing muscle. You rarely see significant gains in size once pro BB's reach a certain level. It becomes a game of who can keep as much muscle as possible while getting as leaner then the next guy. This requires more drugs.
    Agreed

AAS will do what its supposed to no matter what the dosage, if you are 200lbs or 150lbs a first time dosage more than what the body can produce will yield gains. Once you continue to cycle a higher dosage and different compounds may be needed to gain the results you want.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Well I grew awesome for 500mg/wk test enan and I am 255-260lbs. But for other meds I am like a horse when it comes to getting the right effect.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    I agree that a mediocre cycle will yield good results for a person of nearly any size, but I still feel that the bigger you get (LBM, not fat), the more you need.
    That's what Rickson said Bro, the bigger one get from gear the more you'll need. That why I said the 250lber needing more would depend on how he got there. If it was from AAS the he would probably need more to grow then the 150lber. But if he's 250 without juicing and him and the 150lber start at the same time they'd need the same doses. Now if the 150lber juiced to get to 150lb, he may need more to make gain then 250lber.

JohnnyB

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    bump for more info

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe size makes a difference in the amount needed to administer to get same results as one person to the next in size difference etc...hieght, wieght, bone and mass structure. In example a guy that is 5'5 160lbs on 500mg weekly will look much more muscular and be stronger than a man that is 6Ft and 200lbs at same dosage.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    no matter how big a person is or becomes ,you still only have so many receptor sites,once they are saturated,then thats it,no matter how much you increase the dose...just seems like a waste and increased bad sides

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    in response to Fury I was around 232lbs before the test enan cycle. And was approx 13% bf, so as far as my LBM I have no idea. I have always had to up dosages on other meds to get the proper effect. As a medic alot of our drugs are determined on the weight of the patient.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    I agree that a mediocre cycle will yield good results for a person of nearly any size, but I still feel that the bigger you get (LBM, not fat), the more you need.

Groverman, you said you were 255-260 when you began your first cycle, but just curious, how much of that was LBM? Personally, I believe AAS should be dosed by amount of LBM, not just weight in general...
    Actually, the fatter you get the more you need.

Steroids are lipophilic and adipose tissue is included in the volume of distribution.

Thread Information