JEO3 is offline Associate Member

Why is water bloat bad...

I read all the time about how you want to keep the water bloat down. Is there a health risk of having a lot of water retention in your muscles? I understand If you are a bodybuilder and need to rip up for a show that you would want to reduce bloat, but my goal is to put on as much weight as I can and I like the physical appearance of having a little water bloat.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    there's nothing wrong with it, just alot of guys on here bodybuild and don't like the puffy soft look.

Tha's what I figured, but was just currious if there was some medical risk like, muscles taking all the water and possibly harming liver or something...

yeah water bloat is not bad at all, but u get to much and you start to think maybe your estrogen levels are a little high. I do not mind a little bloat just another one of thoes signs that tell you your gear is legit.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont mind the bloat, I just dont like being soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I dont mind the bloat, I just dont like being soft.
    true...

of course being ripped is always preferred but only with anti-es you can get rid of so much water retention

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    water takes away from your muscle definition.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    No harm in a retaining water, I seem to be stronger when i hold water.. The water seems to cushion my joints, or at least in my mind it does.. It's not so bad, Unfortunatley its an obvious give away if you are trying to keep it on the down low that you are cycling... I hold a ton of water in my cheeks..

No harm though..

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    No harm in a retaining water, I seem to be stronger when i hold water.. The water seems to cushion my joints, or at least in my mind it does.. It's not so bad, Unfortunatley its an obvious give away if you are trying to keep it on the down low that you are cycling... I hold a ton of water in my cheeks..

No harm though..
    I agree with this too, it almost keeps you more hydrated too

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    i agree with all above,
    but i take a different approach, mainly because i dont compete. i bulk most of the time anyways, except for a month or 2 in the fall when we go on vacation.

i actually enjoy the extra weight of water retention for a couple of reasons.....i can push more weight, which makes me stronger in the end, and i look and feel bigger. when i do cut down, it tends to come off fairly easy for me, so its not a huge struggle. i can understand why most wouldnt want it though, especially if its tough to get those extra lbs off of there when its time to do so.

this is just me though, and we're all different........

peace I4L

Thread Information