Mallet is offline Anabolic Member

Dosing...newbies please read!

Even though we are all different, by age, hieght, weight, genetics, race, training styles, eating habbits, etc...

I think something needs to be cleared up here!

The "more is better" theory is a myth!...I know alot of people taking AAS for the first time want to get bigger and stronger and leaner, and more ripped. We all do!. That's why most if not all of us started taking AAS. I'm not going to get into what age you should start, or how long you should train naturally, Or the reasons why you want to take AAS, I'm not your mother and most people are going to do what they want no matter what you try to tell them...even though they are asking for your advice, it is seldom taken. The Only thing I want to clear up here is the amount of AAS that people are taking...for example : if 20mg/ day of d-bol and 500mgs/week of test was your first cycle and you made good gains, don't feel that next cycle you must "UP" the doses. The only reason I can see neccesary for increasing the dose is if the current doses are becoming ineffective, because with the increase of dose you also increase the chance of side effects. I have been doing AAS for 6 years now and I truly wish I could still grow on just 30mgs of d-bol and 500mgs of sus. I once took my dosing up to 1500mgs/week of test and 60mgs/ day of d-bol and 800mgs/week of deca ...thinking that's what I must need to get really big, the saying "that's what the pro's must be taking" is sure ignorance. Please learn from my past mistakes. I know dosing is an individual thing, but there certainly are basic guidlines to follow, because there is also a minimum amount of AAS to be considered effective. And yes..yes...test should be a part of every cycle, so if you can't suck it up and take some test you shouldn't bother doing AAS. JMO. Start thinking long term now instead of a quick fix for muscle, yes we all wanted to run like Ben johnson, or look like arnold or lift like Magnus ver magnuson...but these people did not get there over night, there was alot of careful planning gone into those physiques. slow and steady finishes the race!

This was not intended to offend anybody...so if you are new to the AAS game and you ask a serious question, please TAKE the advice given, their are alot of knowledgeable member's here at AR. If your mind is already made up and your going to do what you want anyway's then don't tie up the board with ridiculous questions.

Feel free to add to this thread if I have left something out...

P.S...KNowledge should be a part of every cycle.

Mallet.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    good post...very true...i had this argument with a guy the other day that thought gear should double with ever cycle under your belt, and that his 2nd cycle he should double his amount of test to 1g...dumba$$...

fabry is offline Senior Member
    well, honestly i preferr to start my first cycle with a lower dosage than "normally" recommended coz i saw (and read about) people that gained A LOT with low-moderate dosages!
    and thats the reason of my dosage choice...

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    POINT #2

Make sure you have everything you need before you start a cycle...that includes having enough gear to run the full 8-10-12 weeks...having post cycle therapy ...clomid, nolvadex , or proviron , hcg etc.... Detoxer's for your liver ( you only have one, keep it working) milk thistle, mediclear etc. enough needles and the right guage ( water vs oil base ). make sure you know how many calories you need to consume before starting.( all the AAS in the world won't make you grow if your not eating enough) No slacking off...if your spending the money on AAS then get your a$$ to the gym, I've seen alot of people taking gear and thinking they will just grow by watching TV.

did I leave anything out?

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    think of the surplus of AAS if everyone would abide to this theory- everyone would have leftovers..lol
    but i agree..
    higher the dose, the higher the risk of sides... just my 2cents

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Good, very good post!!!
    You are right Mallet. We are different people. If something works well for one persone it possible to not work for other. Low and moderate doses works well.
    I'm personally tires 250mg/week test cyp fo 10 weeks. Got 15 pounds.

....MALLET...awesome post...every bit i believe is true..we are all not gonna gonna compete in the olympia or even compete as bodybuilders.....i think we just want to look great 24/7...so with that thinking monster cycles on our level is not necessary.....

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianVodka
    Good, very good post!!!
    You are right Mallet. We are different people. If something works well for one persone it possible to not work for other. Low and moderate doses works well.
    I'm personally tires 250mg/week test cyp fo 10 weeks. Got 15 pounds.
    Same here, RussianVodka. It's always good to see more people who have had successes with low dose cycles.

I think by now most people know my views on dosing:
    1. Start with low doses.
    2. Stay with low to moderate doses for as long as you are growing; when you stop growing adjust training, diet, rest before even thinking about changing doses).

Good post Mallet.

Bump.

Thread Information