TimberFrame is offline New Member

I hurt something

During my leg workout last Saturday, something popped in my rib cage. I was on the leg press when this occured. Now my left ribs are hurting like hell.

I'm on my fifth week of Test/Deca . I don't know if I'll be able to workout with very much intensity now, especially chest and back.

I don't know if it is a muscle pull or if I pull some cartlidge away from my ribs.

Has anyone ever had something like this occur? If so, how long did the pain last? I am seeing terrific strength gains up to now and don't want to stop.

Thanks for any feedback.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    When you say something popped did you hear, or did you feel the pop? I wouldn't be surprised if you heard the pop that you could of fractured a rib.. It seems funny, but usually you hear breaks when they happen.. If you felt the pop, it could be a number of things.. How old are you, and were you going extremely heavy when this happened.. Is there any brusing, is it swollen? Try an ice pack, and/or heating pad.. and take some tylenol for the pain..

I only say i am not surprised if you cracked a rib because I tore my muscle from its growth plate once.. My tendon completely seperated from my bone.. I hope it heals bro...

Thanks for the reply Monster.

I felt the pop for sure, whether or not I heard it, I can't say. I was so startled at the time I just can't say.

As for the weight, it wasn't much, 360lbs. I had already done extensions and squats and was just finishing up.

There is no bruising, just pain, especially when I take real deep breaths, sneeze or laugh. I am 37, been lifting since high school, and have never had anything like this happen.

shootdeep is offline Member
    i was hit by a slapshot and ended up with two broken ribs. for about 4 days after, i could feel them clicking and popping if i took a deep breath. you gettin that?

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    I am not a medical professional but I have broken ribs, It sounds like you might have cracked one. The pain when you breathe deep is a good sign of a crack or a break. I would advise going to a doctor just to be on the safe side. There is really nothing they can do except tape you up, but t least you know exactly what is wrong.

No clicking or popping, but it is sore to the touch.

Yea kdawg, I was hoping the pain would go away, if it doesn't I will probably see a doc. Thanks!!

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    In all honesty it sounds like a bruised rib.. There is not much you can do other then nurse the area, like i said alternate ice and heat a couple times daily, and take tylenol or advil for the pain.. It shouldn't be anything serious, but if the pain gets really bad, then i'd go see a doc.. It will take some time to heal, just be patient and you will recover..

Sorry to hear that bro, You'll be better in no time

I appreciate everyone's quick responses. Monster, I will follow your advice and start with ice and heat. Don't want to stop now, everything is going so well.

Thread Information