Casanova is offline New Member

Angry My Bad Injection

I was reading about different injection site here on the boards and decided my Glutes needed a rest. Never hit anything but the Glutes. So Saturday morning (3 AM) I take 2 cc 200mg/cc of Brovel Test and hit my right quad. Very painless, great control, very easy to aspirate . No blood, very easy. Man I never thought it would be this easy.

Just in case it hurt I hit the left Glute (rather then quad) with 2cc 100 mg/cc of Oregon Deca . A bit harder, but been there done that, some blood worried me.

I was a bit sore for a few minutes in the Glute. NO pain in the quad. It can't be that great.

Well it was not that great. Saturday night my quad started to hurt, it was very sore. I felt this before, I thought, It will be gone in a day. Sunday rolls around and I can't move my leg. A little swollen but not much. I can't dress myself, this sucks. It is now Monday and it is warm to the touch, and a bit RED and the swelling is getting worse. I put heat on it all day.night. Tuesday the quad is less sore in the morning. However as the day progresses it get worse. It is no very swollen and the pain is pretty bad. Wednesday I call the doc. He takes a look and knows what I did before I told him. He asked if I used new, sterile needles and if I wiped the spot of injection, I DID. Asked if I aspirated, I DID.

Bottom line is I got an infection. He prescribed CEPHALEXIN (4 pills/day for 10 days) to get rid of it.

I did everything the correct way. It is a FRESHLY opened (that day) vial of BROVEL Test. I did look today and saw that it expired over a year ago. Think it is or went bad? The vial I finished earlier in the week was from the same batch and had the same expiration date. It was OK, I did not get an infection. I am a bit frightened of taking this Test again. Should I try again or pitch it and try and get other Test.

Thanks in Advance

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    hmm, might be because it had expired.

I was thinking if you didn't wipe after the injection and didn't massage it well enough it could have spurred if not caused the infection.

Bump for more input on this. Sorry to hear that dude.

Doc

KeyMastur is offline VET
    brovel test is dirty mexican stuff in the first place, but it's ****ing good !! haha.

eshestun is offline Associate Member
    I had a simliar situation

but my ankle was swolen. I couldn't walk for 2 days. It went away but im scared to hit the quads again.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Wow, expired for a whole year, ****! Well glad you were able to fix problem and get better Make sure to check EXP. date next time

For a second I thought you were gonna say you had crazy blood.

I remember my 2nd shot ever, right glute, Deca 200mg/2cc. After getting it all ready (very nervous), only ended up shooting 1.5cc. Once I took the needle out, blood squirted outta my ass, a distance of about 1.5 feet. Scared the **** outta me. Ass turned purple and red, but got better over time

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    man im a little worried now bout hitting the quads now. everyone seems to be posting horror stories about it and not being able to walk and ****....

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    horror stories come mostly from people not massaging enough and aggressively enough. Also if you warm up your gear, pain and stuff is decreased. Also massaging just after the shot isn't enough. I massage right after, during the day and ESP before going to bed. That stuff is just sitting there while you sleep, you're bound to cramp up or experience pain.

jmo.

Doc

Jaker B' Huge is offline Associate Member
    question? do you shave your legs, the hair on your body contains more bacteria and germs than anything else.......EXP. should not have a thing to do with it, it would just become unstable and therefore worthless....But i bet you may have accidently touched the needle, or something.....but i have ex team mates who got staff and other infections in the quad........they never shaved there legs though, think about it....your sweat gathers on the hair while there is a tiny open wound.....it makes complete since, myself and my brother though haven't ever had a problemmmmits a matter of cleanliness man....

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    horror stories come mostly from people not massaging enough and aggressively enough. Also if you warm up your gear, pain and stuff is decreased. Also massaging just after the shot isn't enough. I massage right after, during the day and ESP before going to bed. That stuff is just sitting there while you sleep, you're bound to cramp up or experience pain.

jmo.

Doc
    I did massage a little, but like I said in the post. I had ZERO pain. Felt great. Actually my Glute was feeling sore as I was going to bed. When I woke up my Glue was fine and my quad was a little sore.

What you are saying is, that when hitting a quad you must ALWAY massage for a long time and also the next day as to keep the soreness away? If that is the case my Glute better get ready, shoot and done, little/no soreness.

Don't get me wrong I had a bad shot in the Glutes. That isn't a nice feeling either. You can't sit or lay down.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    so if this is true you could basically avoid the problem by apply a band aide with some antibiotic ointment on it correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaker B' Huge
    question? do you shave your legs, the hair on your body contains more bacteria and germs than anything else.......EXP. should not have a thing to do with it, it would just become unstable and therefore worthless....But i bet you may have accidently touched the needle, or something.....but i have ex team mates who got staff and other infections in the quad........they never shaved there legs though, think about it....your sweat gathers on the hair while there is a tiny open wound.....it makes complete since, myself and my brother though haven't ever had a problemmmmits a matter of cleanliness man....
    No I do not shave my legs. And I know it is not the needle. Because I used the same needle to later inject the Deca . You are wondering what I do and why I use the same needle? Ok, let me explain. I shoot 2 substances per session. I use 2 pins (p1 and p2) and two syringes (s1 and s2). I first fill S1 with Test using p1. I then remove p1 from s1 and place p2 and s1. I now put p1 on s2 and draw the Deca. I inject the test (s1 and p2) and then transfer p2 to s2 and inject the Deca. (I hope I did not loose you with the pa p2 s1 s2 thing )I use 91% alcohol to clean everything including my skin at point of injection. I also use alcohol afterwards after injection to clean any blood or anything else.

This method has always worked in the past with no problem like the one I have now. I think it might be bad test but the hair thing sounds very viable. But I did clean the area with alcohol before and after the shot.

BTW As previously stated will a Bandage and ointment over the injection site work?

Chapman393 is offline Associate Member
    You guys have me scared now. I was all excited to inject in the quads. Now im not so shure.

monkeyjuice is offline Member
    i Always either inject right after I get out of the shower, or right before, and then massage the spot while the hot water is hitting it! Worked great last Delt inject of QV test and QV Deca 2 cc's worth......... it is the 3rd time in my delts........and i wasn't even sore, just a little tight....I LOVE THIS STUFF

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Casanova
    No I do not shave my legs. And I know it is not the needle. Because I used the same needle to later inject the Deca . You are wondering what I do and why I use the same needle? Ok, let me explain. I shoot 2 substances per session. I use 2 pins (p1 and p2) and two syringes (s1 and s2). I first fill S1 with Test using p1. I then remove p1 from s1 and place p2 and s1. I now put p1 on s2 and draw the Deca. I inject the test (s1 and p2) and then transfer p2 to s2 and inject the Deca. (I hope I did not loose you with the pa p2 s1 s2 thing )I use 91% alcohol to clean everything including my skin at point of injection. I also use alcohol afterwards after injection to clean any blood or anything else.

This method has always worked in the past with no problem like the one I have now. I think it might be bad test but the hair thing sounds very viable. But I did clean the area with alcohol before and after the shot.

BTW As previously stated will a Bandage and ointment over the injection site work?
    although they're cheap, you're wasting a syringe. juse use 2 needles and 1 syringe. a larger needle for pulling both substances out of the bottle, and if you prefer, a smaller one for injection.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    although they're cheap, you're wasting a syringe. juse use 2 needles and 1 syringe. a larger needle for pulling both substances out of the bottle, and if you prefer, a smaller one for injection.
    Like KM said, they are so cheap, no reason not to be extra safe with the needles.

I have never shaved my quad hair either, and I never had a problem. Make sure to wipe with alcohol properly and make sure it's nice and clean.

I also have a tendency not to massage as much as I should

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I've heard countless bad stories about brovel. If i had to guess that's your problem.

QbHunter is offline Associate Member
    on monday I shot sust im my glute a couple hours b4 a leg workout. no problems during workout, but for the next couple days ( and still) its hurting pretty bad

Shot Test and Deca in my Glute this morning. I Felt nothing. It's has been over 12 hours and not any soreness, ZERO. I am sticking to the Glute.

BTW I used Testoviron -Depot 250 mg/ml Schering from Greece. Scared to do the Brovel again.

Second day on antibiotic. Swelling is no less and maybe more then yesterday. Have heat on it. This really sucks. Affecting everything from ZERO workouts this week to low production at work.

Live and learn.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    man im a little worried now bout hitting the quads now. everyone seems to be posting horror stories about it and not being able to walk and ****....
    I love injecting in the quads, I use a 1 inch pin and i dont inject more than 1cc in at a time. if i need to inject 2 ccs i use the other quad. It is more painful than the glute when you put the needle in but i notice that the BA content doesnt affect my quad as much as my glute. Also you have more control over it. Get over the fear and you might just find that you also love it.

1:00 AM and now my calf has started to swell. I don't think the Antibiotic is working. Going to call the doctor again in the morning.

It's Sunday now a week and a day. The antibiotic is working. I am walking normal again. This is the worst experience with AS that I have ever had.

Thread Information