panabolic is offline Associate Member

Question on Shipping Gear

I have a general some questions on mailing gear. I have read a lot of posts where some people are afraid of getting stung by customs. My question is this, when receiving stuff in the mail wouldn't it be better to advise the company sending it to change the name of the recipient therefore if it does get caught by customs and you do receive a notice or they show up at your door, you can just deny that you ever sent for it by showing your legit id (when it is addressed to someone else). Also as far as customs flagging foreign packages with the words "pharmacy" or "farma" in the return address just tell the company sending it to put a different company name or personal name on the return address. I don't know if this would work or not, it is only a suggestion. Interested in hearing your feedback. thnks.

daWhoady is offline Associate Member
    Not sure what companies you are working with, but you can always give them the false name.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Most people on the boards don't order from websites selling AAS as its far too risky. A great majority of those websites are scammer shops anyways.

~US~

abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    not a good idea with the fake name thing, called mail fraud. and if the feds show up at your door, their taking your computer and anything else inside the house related to bodybuilding (supplements, magazines, etc.).

let's not be naive and think they are going to say, "oh your not so and so, ok we'll just throw out these illegal drugs that this fake person had sent to your address and we'll leave you alone". not going to happen. you'll be arrested and brought in for questioning. it's what you say from here on out that predicates your charges (assuming your computer was absent from the house and there was no other paraphanalia of any sort present). if everything was clean and you say nothing, maybe, just maybe you'll get off. not many people can take the pressure of the police. not sure if i could.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

well

well i think that might raise possible mail fraud charges! j/k
    im sure they would use a fke reciever name.

Fartdaemon is offline Member
    Im just curious, how many people have acutally been busted by the cops from mail ordering gear?

Quote Originally Posted by abc 1
    not a good idea with the fake name thing, called mail fraud. and if the feds show up at your door, their taking your computer and anything else inside the house related to bodybuilding (supplements, magazines, etc.).

let's not be naive and think they are going to say, "oh your not so and so, ok we'll just throw out these illegal drugs that this fake person had sent to your address and we'll leave you alone". not going to happen. you'll be arrested and brought in for questioning. it's what you say from here on out that predicates your charges (assuming your computer was absent from the house and there was no other paraphanalia of any sort present). if everything was clean and you say nothing, maybe, just maybe you'll get off. not many people can take the pressure of the police. not sure if i could.
    Point taken, I agree with you, but it was just a suggestion. Just wondering though - IF there was another name on the package how the hell could they prove it is you?? Do like the government does...deny everything. If they do bring you in for questioning don't say a f%*%en word until you have a lawyer present use your right to remain silent. I'm not saying this is the best way to handle it, but it sure is better then the pigs showing up at your door asking are you John Smith? Yes, why? Your under arrest for importing.....

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Sup bro i use to be a supervisor for UPS, it's pretty simple to do it just bring it in already packaged and tell em they shotglasses or sunglasses that a friend left on vacation thats what i do when i send my cus gear in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    Sup bro i use to be a supervisor for UPS, it's pretty simple to do it just bring it in already packaged and tell em they shotglasses or sunglasses that a friend left on vacation thats what i do when i send my cus gear in Atlanta.
    Can you give more details on your example (i'm unclear)?? Also if you used to be a sup for ups - does ups screen more than say fedex or others?? thnks bro

Docta-G is offline Junior Member
    Sorry guys, just doing some research and found this thread. Its not that old, but was wondering if there were any more ideas from the UPS man (STEVEO), or anyone else on here!!! BIZZUMP

Thread Information