Thread: Repeat PCT?

liftr486 is offline New Member

Repeat PCT?

i did 1000iu hcg m/w/f for three weeks and then 50mg clomid, im on week 3 of the clomid, and my balls have increased from the time i was on cycle, but not to where they were before. on one of the boards someone said that i might have to repeat the pct and i jus wanted to kno how long i wait before i repeat it? thanx

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    did you run hcg during pct? If you did there was your first mistake.

proper clomid therapy goes 300mg-1 day, 100mg-10 days, 50mg-10 days.
    what were you using during your cycle? Did you start you pct at the right time?
    abstrack@protonmail.com

i was told by a doctor on one of the boards that hcg was necessary cuz my balls were still small. i did the hcg and clomid and now i am just on clomid. my balls are bigger than they were on cycle, but still not as big as they were before. the same doctor said that i might have to repeat the pct in order for my balls to come back to size. i jus wanted to kno how long to wait before i start pct and after this one?

NoLimits is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    did you run hcg during pct? If you did there was your first mistake.

proper clomid therapy goes 300mg-1 day, 100mg-10 days, 50mg-10 days.
    what were you using during your cycle? Did you start you pct at the right time?
    Why would you say that running HCG post cycle was a mistake? I use it during and at the end of every cycle and will continue to do so!

i agree, when i use hcg i feel great, when i dont i get lazy and feel like **** post cycle

Quote Originally Posted by NoLimits
    Why would you say that running HCG post cycle was a mistake? I use it during and at the end of every cycle and will continue to do so!
    Ok, I just cut a pasted this from DocHolidays thread, since he best explains it for you. If you want? which I think you should do is go search for his thread and read the whole article.

HCG :
    A natural protein hormone that is developed in the placenta of a pregnant woman.
    Its medical use is administered in women in inject-able form and allows for ovulation since it influences the last stages of the development of the ovum. In a man HCG stimulates production of androgenic hormones (testosterone ).

Why body builders us HCG:

HCG causes a quick and significant increase of the endogenic plasma- testosterone level. HCG does stimulate endogenous testosterone production, and stimulates the testicles to produce testosterone. However, unfortunately, it does not help in reestablishing the normal hypothalamic/pituitary testicular axis. The hypothalamus and pituitary are still in a refractory state after prolonged steroid usage, and remain this way while HCG is being used. This is because the exogenous testosterone the body produces from the exogenous HCG still represses the endogenous luteinizing hormone production. Once the HCG is discontinued, the athlete must still go through a re-adjustment period.
    Ok, this is important. To make things simple, HCG directly makes the body produce testosterone.

When to administer HCG?

There are two ways to administer HCG. During cycle or post cycle.

The benefit, and in my eyes the biggest benefit, of administering HCG during cycle is to prevent the atrophy of the testicles. Atrophy of the testicles can result from prolonged uses of heavy doses of anabolic steroids . During the administration of HCG during cycle, usually mid way, or at two-week intervals for several intervals in long run cycles, a subject will notice a surge of testosterone. These surges may result in significant strength and muscle gains during the intervals of administration.

Using HCG post cycle is tricky. Since we know the body will still enter a re-adjustment period afterwards, or a crash, it doesn’t seem like a good compound to use as therapy. It does have its place however. In certain cycles, usually long ran cycles at high doses using harsh compounds it can be administered after the cycles end but before the use of clomid.
    Last edited by abstrack; 02-01-2004 at 09:36 AM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

NoLimits is offline Member
    Ok, I thought you were saying not to run it post cycle. This post explains how to use it at the end of a cycle. I run it at 5000 iu's/week for two weeks. The two weeks you are waiting to start your clomid therapy! I will also say that I have run it an additional week at times, if I felt the need to do so. But I just want to say that I also run long cycles... twenty or more weeks (usually 24).

thats the kinda cycle i was comin off of...24 weeks

right, thats why I asked him if he ran it during PCT not post cycle.

I have used it also in post but as soon as I hit PCT I stop hcg administration and just start my clomid therapy
    abstrack@protonmail.com

i did it once i stopped all aas and then added clomid in when it was over.

Roidfever is offline Associate Member
    You shouldn't administer the HCG immediately after your cycle. With the long working tests, you can wait for 2 weeks before you use the HCG. Shoot the HCG 3 times every 5 days. 5 Days after the HCG-shot you start your clomid intake.

Thread Information