Thread: EQ only??

coronahold34 is offline Associate Member

EQ only??

one of my friends is planning on running an EQ only cycle . .. i already told him he should add some test in there, but he insists on doing only the EQ. . .but my quesiton is, should he run nolv during the cycle or only post cycle. . .and what week after his last injection should he start clomid....he is runnin teh EQ for 10wks i believe.
    thanks bros
    EFF

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Have him read the post by buylongterm here. And dont let your friend use eq alone, at all. BTW 10 weeks is not long enough

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Sparks has the right idea. EQ alone doesn't make a bit of sense. 10 weeks isn't long enough. It could take 5 or 6 weeks for EQ to kick in. Have your "friend" register with this site and do some research.

NO CYCLE IS COMPLETE WITHOUT?????? YEP, YOU GOT IT, TEST

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I made the mistake of doing an eq only cycle as my first one and I terribily regret it to this day. A few pounds of muscle gained from this cycle is nothing more than what a good diet can for you. Your first cycle is always your best one in terms of growth potential. Why waste it on a cycle that will yield the same results as a good diet. Honestly he's be better off putting the money towards his grocery bill.

But to answer his question...No, nolva is not neccessary during the cycle. You can use it with clomid for post cycle therapy .

~US~

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    But nolva is a good idea, 10mg ED. nolva helps your lipids. But to really NEED nolva you need test.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    There are a few people on the board that have tried EQ-only cycles. Most of them said that they considered an EQ-only because they didn't want to put on too much weight suddenly and wanted to use something that seems to have less sides than other steroids .

If you use EQ only, you're probably only going to gain 6-10 lbs in 10-12 weeks. It's more likely that you will gain 6lbs than 10lbs.

I'd suggest using test as a base to any cycle. If you want to experiement, go for it, let us know how it goes. But if you're looking for some reasonable, but dramatic changes, consider researching the following cycles:
    1. Test-only (long lasting esters such as Cypionate and Enanthate , NOT sustanon or Proionate)
    2. Test + Euipoise (EQ)
    3. Test + Deca (Deca-Durabolin )
    NOTE: Do NOT cosider doing a deca-only cycle.

After you do some good research using the posts on AR and other muscle boards, post your planned cycle with your goals in the Steroid Questions forum so we can help you further.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 01-31-2004 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coronahold34
    one of my friends is planning on running an EQ only cycle . .. i already told him he should add some test in there, but he insists on doing only the EQ. . .but my quesiton is, should he run nolv during the cycle or only post cycle. . .and what week after his last injection should he start clomid....he is runnin teh EQ for 10wks i believe.
    thanks bros
    EFF
    To answer your question: it is not necessary to run nolva during an EQ-only cycle if he is running reasonable doses. How much EQ is he planning to use per week?

he is doing 500mg a wk......what wk after last shot should he start clomid......
    thanks eff

also, he is lookin for the gains u just described....wants them to come slow, not over dramatic weight gain. . .he does modeling so wants to be lean ect.....
    thanks eff

also, he is lookin for the gains u just described....wants them to come slow, not over dramatic weight gain. . .he does modeling so wants to be lean ect.....
    thanks eff
    In that case, he might be happy with 6 lbs of lean muscle. But he still has to eat enough calories from the right nutritional sources to gain the muscle.

EQ is known to raise blood pressure dramatically. I don't know what his medical conditions are, so he should check with a doctor before following any of the following advice (and I'm not joking about the doc part--if he has a heart condition, high blood pressure, and/or anxiety issues, EQ and any AS can hurt him):

EQ is a slow acting steroid and builds muscle very slowly--but it tends to be lean, long lasting weight. EQ usually does not kick in until week 4-5, so he should take time to research and consider using EQ for 15 or 20 weeks at a dose of 400mg per week. But he MUST consider his health and the possible side effects of EQ when making this decision. EQ can cause anxiety amoung the other things already listed (which is not an exhaustive list of side effects).
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 01-31-2004 at 12:45 PM.

how many wks after last shot should he start clomid? im gonna call him and tell him to check with his doctor. I appreciate your help bask!
    Eff

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    It was always my impression from everything I've read that EQ doesn't aromatize, and Nolva wouldn't be necessary during an EQ cycle.

Actually IMO it may not be a bad idea to do EQ only if your friend is a model -I can at least see his reasoning. Test can make you retain water, sometimes pretty quickly, and the last thing he's gonna want to do is show up for a shoot looking like the Goodyear blimp.

Following what Bask8case said, I'd advise anyone who uses EQ (or any gear for that matter) to spend the $80 and buy a blood pressure monitor. Be sure to get a couple readings BEFORE doing the cycle to determine your baseline. A few people see their BP go through the roof on EQ, and if it does one should quit immediately -mine def went up but not dangerously while I was on it. (From 130/60 to 155/78).
    Last edited by johnsomebody; 01-31-2004 at 12:59 PM.

how many wks after last shot should he start clomid? im gonna call him and tell him to check with his doctor. I appreciate your help bask!
    Eff
    Wait 3 weeks after your last EQ injection before using clomid (If you're running EQ-only).

thanks for the info guys! ill let my friend know
    EFF

Thread Information