GLASSVOICE is offline Junior Member

I Don't Understand

I keep reading posts from people that want to loose weight and want to get in shape etc...

I go their profiles (or they state it in their thread) and see that they have been training for 2,3,4 years.

Is it that they go to the gym to go to the whirpool and the sauna and chat with their friends like a social club?

I mean, give me a break. Anyone with a little bit of determination and a mediocre diet can achieve outstanding goals in one year!

Am I wrong? I don't mean to be mean but it just does not seems logic to me.

I would like to hear what you guys and gals have to say about this subject!

Glassvoice

gettinthere is offline Associate Member

Well, i can see what you mean but...

I think a lot of the time when people are on here talking about needing to take a cutting cycle it's because their last cycle or two was all mass oriented...Even if that isn't it, I really think some people are more predisposed to gain wait and therefore losing it is hard! I wouldn't know because I can eat whatever I want and stay at around 11%!!! I feel lucky as hell but at the same time it is harder for me to bulk up. I guess its a trade off, with people in the middle of the road being the lucky ones. Again, you are right that anyone can lose bf %, it's just harder for some than others.

VERY TRUE......

THIS IS WHAT I SEE: PEOPLE DRIVING AROUND THE PARKING LOT 5 MIN INSTEAD OF JUST WALKING ALITTLE. : PEOPLE COMING IN THE GYM,SAYING ALL THE HELLOS FOR 10-15 MIN, COME OUT OF THE LOCKER ROOM SOCIALIZE ALITTLE MORE, DO A SET OF WHATEVER AND TAKE 5 MIN BREAKS BETWEEN SETS...AND CARDIO...HA....ANYONE CAN WALK OUTSIDE,WHY WALK ON THE TREAD MILL......TRUE??OH YEA I ALMOST FORGOT...THEN ITS OFF TO WENDYS FOR A FAT BURGER WITH SUPERSIZE FRIES BUT A DIET COKE........BUT THE QUEST IS...WHY CANT I SEEM TO LOOSE ANY WEIGHT???OR MAKE ANY MUSCLE GAINS...THIS ISNT ANY 1 PERSON BUT A FEW PEEPS IN THE GYM HAVE THESE ROUTINES..

bortort is offline Associate Member
    I have to laugh inside when I hear people wanting to lose weight, I think the more I eat the more cal. I burn by chewing. If your heavy its to hard to lose. And If your thin, it's to hard to gain. And people think god didn't have a sense of humor.
    Its to bad wait gain doesn't come in a bottle. .... or does it?
    Good luck to all those trying to change there weight, its a bitch!

CRUSHER is offline New Member
    I AGREE WITH YA BRO...I BUSTED MY NUTS FOR 5 YEARS AND MADE GREAT GAINS DRUG FREE...NOW IN INTO MY 5TH CYCLE IN 4 YEARS AND I FEEL AND LOOK GREAT...build a good foundation before stacking mountains of drug enhanced muscles upon it.....

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

!

Bro, I think a lot of the problems people face is a lack of knowledge. People don't know how to train or how to diet. Look at all the fad diets that have come and gone. People have just forgotten how to read labels and measure accordingly. I lost 85 pounds in 7 months drug free and it was just busting my ass. Sure, I have weight trained for years on and off. Freestyle wrestled for years but never really understood diet, which I am not fond of the word diet. I prefer lifestyle choice. People fall into a sedentary lifestyle and have a problem getting back into the saddle again. I think before anyone ever considers using gear they should have a firm understanding of diet first and foremost. Hey, you can have the best gear in the world but if you dont have the nutritional knowledge, your fucked.

fever is offline Junior Member
    I THINK MOST PEOPLE,DONT EVER WORKOUT TO FAILURE OR BEYOND.SO THEY WILL NEVER SEE THE RESULTS THAT YOU DO.I THINK FOR SOME ITS A BAR WITH NO BEER

daniel is offline New Member
    I agree with tennis gotta have the work ethic first, then get the knowledge, After that bust ass and the result will come. AND GUESS WHAT THIS IS THE BIG 10!!!!!

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Yeah I agree with some of what I am reading. I got myself in really good shape about 2 years ago, and then my knee got messed up, and let me tell you it is 1000 X harder to get in shape now. I mean my diet is good and I have lost some bf (@13% now) but it's hard work... Set backs like getting hurt can change everything in your training regimen including weight loss. But, I won't ever stop training.. not now not EVER!

Peace,
    CC

Ironweb is offline Member
    My experience in the gym is that a lot people lack the intensity and knowledge to training. Form my friend before weight. Proper form with less weight will give you better results than bad form with more weight. As form gets better and weight increases so will your gains. Also do not forget about negitives. Do not just let weight go falling down take it slow and you will see that negitives are as important to form as lifting the weight. An example would be when doing flys. I see people always lifting the weight and slamming the dumb bells together. Then let the weight fall down and repeat. This is not good form. Because when you slam the d bells together you allow you muscle to rest that split second. And they loose the benifits of the neg. when they let gravity take the weights down for them. I never touch my weights together and take it down slow because I want maxium results from each rep. Ok nuff said MO hope this helps.

This is interesting. I thought I was going to get crucified for speaking my mind and to my surprise, I am reading that most of you agree with me.

I heard a few things of the "genetic factor" and to me that's a lot of bull. I am the youngest(37) of four and all of them including mother and father are overweight. No, I am not adopted. I have always been in shape. Thin but trimed and muscular. I have always been able to see my 6pac. Now I am in a bulking cycle and might loose track of them (6pac) for a while but, they will be back. But the important thing is taking resposibility for the way you look. because no one else but you got you there. If you are fat (unless a disease) it's simply because you eat more calories than the amount you burn and the samething for the oposite.

Anyway, I am glad that I survived this post and thank you for your opinions.

LET'S GET BIG!!!!

Glassvoice

soul shaker Guest
    a big problem with the diet and get in shape thing is calories in versus calories out. a diet can be great, but if it includes 400 to 500 extra calories over maintenance, your not going to lose weight. that is an area most people i interact with have little clue about. i hear this alot," i'm taking in 300 grams of protein and 300 grams of carbs, 60 grams fat, over 6 to 7 meals a day, cardio 4 times a week, weight train 4, and i'm still not loosing weight " well, from the numbers above your taking in about 3000 calories a day, and you weigh 185. maintenance calories for this individual should range between 1850 to 2100. i think this is where people get lost and lose their motivation. just what i think.
    ss

The only times when I loose motivation is when i hurt myself and I can't excercise, Or when I have a hang ove (bad boy)

GV

Thread Information