Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    gunjuan is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    19

    low dosage vs. high dosage - Is this dosage enough?

    Hey Bros,
    I'm about to do my third cycle and would like your comments. My stats:
    32 years old
    5'7"
    165lbs (I think 10% body fat - gained fat from 2nd cycle)

    Second cycle was test enanthate 250mg and deca 250mg for 10 weeks. I gained about 25 lbs on second cycle, gained some fat also. Will try to lose some fat before next cycle.

    My goal is to gain size (and strength). Several of the Bros recommended the following cycle:

    1-4 40mg dbol /ed
    1-12 500mg test e/week
    1-11 400mg eq/week
    1-17 10mg nolv/ed
    1-12 .25 ml ldex/ed
    14-17 clomid

    Here's my question. Is the dosage too high for me? Keep in mind that I'm 165lbs and that I got good results from my second cycle with 250mg of test enanth and 250 mg of deca (per week).

    Also, will adding winstrol at the end of the cycle help with keeping gains and further cutting - or is the above cycle good enough? If yes, please make suggestion for a cycle that also adds winstrol. I appreciate everyone's feedback - you guys rock!

  2. #2
    Mallet's Avatar
    Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada - TO
    Posts
    3,484
    You could probably lower the d-bol to 30mgs/day... and if you gained 25lbs on your last cycle with just 250mgs of test and 250mgs of deca , why increase the dose....your already adding another AAS to the stack. If your more anxious about cutting then get rid of the d-bol and add winny at the end for 4 weeks 50mgs/day. start taking it at week 10 if you like.

  3. #3
    gunjuan is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    You could probably lower the d-bol to 30mgs/day... and if you gained 25lbs on your last cycle with just 250mgs of test and 250mgs of deca, why increase the dose....your already adding another AAS to the stack. If your more anxious about cutting then get rid of the d-bol and add winny at the end for 4 weeks 50mgs/day. start taking it at week 10 if you like.
    Why get rid of the d-bol? Is it ok to run both dbol in the beginning and winny at the end?

  4. #4
    Bartleby's Avatar
    Bartleby is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by gunjuan
    Why get rid of the d-bol? Is it ok to run both dbol in the beginning and winny at the end?
    yes its ok, but like mallet said you gained well on your last cycle no need to keep adding more compunds...if you want mass, than stick with the d-bol at the beggining at 30mg/day, and if you want maybe consider running prop at the end instead of the winny if youre dead set on running something at the end of your cycle...

  5. #5
    gunjuan is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    19

    Consensus is not to increase dose?

    Thanks for your replies. My read from your posts is that I should stick with the lower dosage (250mg) since I made good gains with that dosage in my second cycle. The only reason i was considering to increase the dose is that I've read that your body becomes accustomed to AAS after awhile and in order to get continuing results, you have to increase your dosage. I've researched some of the post and have seen guys dramatically increase their dose (like double the dose) for their third cycle. Does your body really get accustomed to the dose by that much and at that early of a stage (3rd cycle)? I think it's more probably the case that some of the beginners are getting carried away using the mentality of "more must be better." What's your opinion?

  6. #6
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,502
    gunjuan,

    More and more people are writing about their successes on low doses. I'm glad you are one of them. You gained 25lbs on 250mg of deca and 250mg of enanthate per week. Excellent job, bro!

    If you had great results, why increase your dose yet? If you use the time on cycle = time off cycle, then your body should be ready to grow on similar doses the following cycle. Just be aware that using EQ and Enan might not give you the same results as Deca and enan, which is a stack that is well known for helping people put on a lot of size quickly (partially due to water weight). Remember, EQ will not add as much water weight as deca, so if you decide to go with low-doses again, do not blame the difference in growth on the dose.

    When you're deciding to change your cycles (or workout routine, or diet), it's a good idea not to change too many factors at once because you'll never know which changes caused the good effects and which, the bad. It's better to use a more organized, "scientific" approach so you can clearly learn from your early cycles and apply them to your later cycles. So, I suggest the following options to you:

    1. Stay at 250mg of enanthate every week (EW) and just add 200-250mg EW of EQ. Compare the results to your last cycle so you know exactly how EQ effects you versus Deca.
    2. Increase to 400mg EW of Enanthate and 400mg EW of Deca and compare this cylce's results to your previous cyle of 250mg EW of enan and 250mg EW Deca.

    If you decide to add d-bol, that's fine. Just make sure you keep it to just a few weeks so you don't mess up your liver.

    I think by now most people know my views on dosing. Here's a quick, down and dirty summary of my thoughts:
    1. Start with low doses.
    2. Stay with low to moderate doses for as long as you are growing; when you stop growing adjust training, diet, and rest before even thinking about increasing doses*.
    3. If your diet isn't nearly perfect already, then you should spend more time tweaking your diet than tweaking your cycle.

    Best of luck with your cycle!

    Keep us posted on what you decide and how it turns out.

    *--NOTE: I define low doses as anything under 400mg per week of each long lasting AS such as EQ, Deca, Cypionate and Enanthate; Moderate, 400-500mg per week of each AS; and High, above 500mg per week of each.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 02-02-2004 at 05:01 PM.

  7. #7
    gunjuan is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    gunjuan,

    More and more people are writing about their successes on low doses. I'm glad you are one of them. You gained 25lbs on 250mg of deca and 250mg of enanthate per week. Excellent job, bro!

    If you had great results, why increase your dose yet? If you use the time on cycle = time off cycle, then your body should be ready to grow on similar doses the following cycle. Just be aware that using EQ and Enan might not give you the same results as Deca and enan, which is a stack that is well known for helping people put on a lot of size quickly (partially due to water weight). Remember, EQ will not add as much water weight as deca, so if you decide to go with low-doses again, do not blame the difference in growth on the dose.

    When you're deciding to change your cycles (or workout routine, or diet), it's a good idea not to change too many factors at once because you'll never know which changes caused the good effects and which, the bad. It's better to use a more organized, "scientific" approach so you can clearly learn from your early cycles and apply them to your later cycles. So, I suggest the following options to you:

    1. Stay at 250mg of enanthate every week (EW) and just add 200-250mg EW of EQ. Compare the results to your last cycle so you know exactly how EQ effects you versus Deca.
    2. Increase to 400mg EW of Enanthate and 400mg EW of Deca and compare this cylce's results to your previous cyle of 250mg EW of enan and 250mg EW Deca.

    If you decide to add d-bol, that's fine. Just make sure you keep it to just a few weeks so you don't mess up your liver.

    I think by now most people know my views on dosing. Here's a quick, down and dirty summary of my thoughts:
    1. Start with low doses.
    2. Stay with low to moderate doses for as long as you are growing; when you stop growing adjust training, diet, and rest before even thinking about increasing doses*.
    3. If your diet isn't nearly perfect already, then you should spend more time tweaking your diet than tweaking your cycle.

    Best of luck with your cycle!

    Keep us posted on what you decide and how it turns out.

    *--NOTE: I define low doses as anything under 400mg per week of each long lasting AS such as EQ, Deca, Cypionate and Enanthate; Moderate, 400-500mg per week of each AS; and High, above 500mg per week of each.
    Bask8kace,
    Bro, that was some good info! Well reasoned and thought out. I'll keep everyone posted. My next cycle is in another month. Until then I'm researching and letting my body recover. Thanks again Bask8kace and to all the Bros who responded!

  8. #8
    bitta's Avatar
    bitta is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    deep south
    Posts
    293
    dam people I am at about 1000 mgs per week of enanthate maybey thats why im so aggresive lately. I know roid rage is supposedly bs but Im telling yall I have been a mad man lately but I am gaining at a good rate and my strength has gone through the roof, If I cut it down to 750 would I loose the affects or would it even be wise?

  9. #9
    gunjuan is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by bitta
    dam people I am at about 1000 mgs per week of enanthate maybey thats why im so aggresive lately. I know roid rage is supposedly bs but Im telling yall I have been a mad man lately but I am gaining at a good rate and my strength has gone through the roof, If I cut it down to 750 would I loose the affects or would it even be wise?
    Hey Bitta,
    From what I understand, the simple answer is - you won't know until you try it. Everyone reacts differently depending on your body. Are you new to AAS (I am asking because your profile says newbie)? If so, why the high dosage? I'm a newbie (2 cycles) - I made good gains on 250mg of test e and deca (total of 500mg). The safe and practical thing to do is start low and then increase. If you provide your stats, the more senior folks here could probably give you their ideas. If you are really experiencing roid rage , I would cut back - better safe then sorry. Just my opinion.

  10. #10
    bitta's Avatar
    bitta is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    deep south
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by gunjuan
    Hey Bitta,
    From what I understand, the simple answer is - you won't know until you try it. Everyone reacts differently depending on your body. Are you new to AAS (I am asking because your profile says newbie)? If so, why the high dosage? I'm a newbie (2 cycles) - I made good gains on 250mg of test e and deca (total of 500mg). The safe and practical thing to do is start low and then increase. If you provide your stats, the more senior folks here could probably give you their ideas. If you are really experiencing roid rage, I would cut back - better safe then sorry. Just my opinion.
    again bro,it is possible to use AS before joining this board.I know it sounds impossible but some people used AS before the internet. I like more test than 250 per week I like to think I produce that naturally or close to it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •