Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Aspirin and juicing, stopping palpitations?

I have had the same problem for years, get bad palpitations when on cycle, there has been many posts about it and seen many doctors, however its not really something you can ask to much about or if you can, doctor generally advises to stop juicing rather than a solution.

I have been doing some reading and speaking to a few people and someone suggested taking a small aspirin would reduce if not remove the problem, as juicing increases blood viscosity and that can be the cause of the palpitations.

just wondered if anyone had any input on this or ideas to contribute

peace

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    i think you could be on the right track. people with heart disease use aspirin because it thins down the blood, and in your case thinning the blood may offset the increase in blood viscocity due to the increase in rbcs. you have to be careful though, as aspirin is an acid and it causes the stomach to bleed which can lead to ulcers. if you do take an aspirin every day i would say use a small dose and take it with food to reduce bleeding.

jbol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Original Jason
    I have had the same problem for years, get bad palpitations when on cycle, there has been many posts about it and seen many doctors, however its not really something you can ask to much about or if you can, doctor generally advises to stop juicing rather than a solution.

I have been doing some reading and speaking to a few people and someone suggested taking a small aspirin would reduce if not remove the problem, as juicing increases blood viscosity and that can be the cause of the palpitations.

just wondered if anyone had any input on this or ideas to contribute

peace

oj,my fiance is a rn,and she says asprin probably wont help,but tranquilizers or muscle relaxers may reduce them,if not may make them go away.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    I would try the aspirin first and see what happens. Make sure it is "aspirin" not ibuprofrin as the effect would not be the same. Being that asprin does thin the blood, and thus letting the blood flow easier(hence removing your headache) it should be easier on the heart. Also if you take traqulizers or muscle relaxers it will effect all of you not just your heart.

I am not a doctor, just offering food for thought

yeah tranqs or muscle relaxants i have had before, make me drowsy dont like anything like that. This discussion has gone on for many years as far as i know and never had any answers, anyone else get bad palps on cycle??

I started this here as a bro of mine has the same problem as me and we were discussing it, so see if it can help him and any others too.

thanks for the input, would sure like some medical input? doc?

peace

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    i had to see a flight doc for the same thing.. i was put on a blood thinner for 30days (glorified blood thinner- aka aspirin) then went back for monthly check as it gradually got better- i would just try aspirin, like said above... and stay away from alcohol if you have been drinking, it will only act as a catylyst to your papls.

later
    zx

i dont drink anyway but am going to try aspirin for sure, just want peoples exp

peace

firefitr5287 is offline Associate Member
    i dont drink anyway but am going to try aspirin for sure, just want peoples exp

peace
    In a small correction, aspirin is not exactly a blood thinner, rather it inhibits the activity of platlets and delays clot formations. A blood "thinner" would be something like coumadin which actually chemically reduces the bodies ability to form a clot at the site of a bleed or irritation. In the instance you are speaking of, asprin will not hurt, but it might not help much either. If you do take it, try a lower dosage asprin (one made for people taking it for their heart) which comes in 162 mg form or just take two baby asprin....they are the same thing and come up to the same dosage. Without knowing you and your lifestyle or seeing your EKG I cannot be sure, but most heart palpitations come from mycardio irritability usualy as a result of decreased myocardial oxygenation. Stimulants are usually a catalyst fot this in someone who does not have a congenital heart defect. As such, i would suggest you cut back a bit oon any stimulants (ie, caffiene, ephedra, or anyhting like that) for awhile and try low dosage asprin and see how that works. If you have anymore questions, PM me and I'll do what I can to help. Good luck bro!

thanks for that info, much appreciated. I have been to see a cardiologist lately and have seen one when i was living overseas last few years, the overseas guy in asia said there was nothing really wrong with me and couldnt find anything.

The uk guy said that he suspected a cardiomyopathy which is lethal and irreversible, however when i called him back later he had no evidence and just said its common in bbers.

So he told me i should stop juicing all together and stop going to the gym, I did used to do a lot of eca but, eca doesnt cause this problem, only get it when on cycle. Anyway havent juiced apart from gh, or took eca for about 3 months but feel like ****, dieing to get back on cycle and go back to teh gym, just trying to sort my health out in teh meantime

peace
    Quote Originally Posted by firefitr5287
    In a small correction, aspirin is not exactly a blood thinner, rather it inhibits the activity of platlets and delays clot formations. A blood "thinner" would be something like coumadin which actually chemically reduces the bodies ability to form a clot at the site of a bleed or irritation. In the instance you are speaking of, asprin will not hurt, but it might not help much either. If you do take it, try a lower dosage asprin (one made for people taking it for their heart) which comes in 162 mg form or just take two baby asprin....they are the same thing and come up to the same dosage. Without knowing you and your lifestyle or seeing your EKG I cannot be sure, but most heart palpitations come from mycardio irritability usualy as a result of decreased myocardial oxygenation. Stimulants are usually a catalyst fot this in someone who does not have a congenital heart defect. As such, i would suggest you cut back a bit oon any stimulants (ie, caffiene, ephedra, or anyhting like that) for awhile and try low dosage asprin and see how that works. If you have anymore questions, PM me and I'll do what I can to help. Good luck bro!

ok i just got done reading mt fiance's drug and nurseing books,aspirin is probably not a bad idea,it prevents clumping of platelets so your blood vessels remain open,prevents heart attacks,clumping of platelets may be what is causeing palpitations.but as sin says above: be careful it does cause bleeding and can cause ulcers,i think its worth a try,and sure couldnt hurt.

anything to prevent ulcers? or just take with food? split dosage of 2 baby aspirin? or what? just take them all in one go?

peace

anything to prevent ulcers? or just take with food? split dosage of 2 baby aspirin? or what? just take them all in one go?

peace

i know when i had stomach problems,i had to drink some liquid s**t that tasted like chalk,it was nasty.

take with food,milk,antacid or large glass of water

thanks for that info, much appreciated. I have been to see a cardiologist lately and have seen one when i was living overseas last few years, the overseas guy in asia said there was nothing really wrong with me and couldnt find anything.

The uk guy said that he suspected a cardiomyopathy which is lethal and irreversible, however when i called him back later he had no evidence and just said its common in bbers.

So he told me i should stop juicing all together and stop going to the gym, I did used to do a lot of eca but, eca doesnt cause this problem, only get it when on cycle. Anyway havent juiced apart from gh, or took eca for about 3 months but feel like ****, dieing to get back on cycle and go back to teh gym, just trying to sort my health out in teh meantime

peace
    do the palpitations come when you are on any cycle or when you are using a partiucular type of AS? You might be hypersensitive to something in it, but what you have to look at is that palpitations are caused by something overstimulating the heart or a congenital heart defect. If you had cardiomyopathy, the cardioligist would have known it, not guessed. There is criteria for a diagnosis of that and he probably was trying to guess what COULD have been wrong with you since there was no overwhelming evidence. In short, if you have'nt been "diagnosed" with it, I wouldn't worry about it too much...doesn't mean it can't develop, but your not showing the signs right now which is good for you. For your palpitation problem, BP will not cause your palps (unless you run something like a consistent 180/90) which rules out the theory of there being too much blood in your system. I really think it has to do with either a drug interaction (ie. allergy, which if there is, there is nothing you can do about it) or overstiumulation of the heart (by chemical or environmental stressors) in combination with the obvious harmful effects that come with AS use. I accept and advocate the use of AS, but there still are some ill effects that may result from use. Hope this helps some. I am by no means a doctor, so my word is not rule, but I have studied this for a long time and feel pretty confident with my word. Try the low dose asprin and let us know how it goes! Good luck bro!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Well Jason, yes as said above aspirin will effect the viscosity of your blood, it will thin it. That is why we give 325mg of baby aspirin with the onset of chest pain. As far as palpitations it won't stop them. It is a intermediate electrical problem with your heart. The only thing that would slow them down are drugs called beta-blocker which you do not want to use unless under doctors orders. It wouldnt be a good fix to the problem, as far as ulcers deveolping with the intake of aspirin, I would only take the 325mg of baby asa upon signs of the initial symptoms. Baby aspirin is better because it is chewable, you can chew up regular aspirin if you like the terrible taste.

peace
    Two baby asprin (81 mg a piece) equal your desired dose. They have buffers in them to prevent stomach irritaion (that's why they give them to kids). You should be able to take two a day at the same time everday and never see a problem or if your really worried about it go to the store and look for or ask for an asprin that is for people on a heart conscious daily regiment of asprin. I want to say it's called Heart smart, but I'm not sure.... it's made to be taken everyday with none of the side effects like you talked about (ulcers)

do the palpitations come when you are on any cycle or when you are using a partiucular type of AS? You might be hypersensitive to something in it, but what you have to look at is that palpitations are caused by something overstimulating the heart or a congenital heart defect. If you had cardiomyopathy, the cardioligist would have known it, not guessed. There is criteria for a diagnosis of that and he probably was trying to guess what COULD have been wrong with you since there was no overwhelming evidence. In short, if you have'nt been "diagnosed" with it, I wouldn't worry about it too much...doesn't mean it can't develop, but your not showing the signs right now which is good for you. For your palpitation problem, BP will not cause your palps (unless you run something like a consistent 180/90) which rules out the theory of there being too much blood in your system. I really think it has to do with either a drug interaction (ie. allergy, which if there is, there is nothing you can do about it) or overstiumulation of the heart (by chemical or environmental stressors) in combination with the obvious harmful effects that come with AS use. I accept and advocate the use of AS, but there still are some ill effects that may result from use. Hope this helps some. I am by no means a doctor, so my word is not rule, but I have studied this for a long time and feel pretty confident with my word. Try the low dose asprin and let us know how it goes! Good luck bro!

i agree.
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    Well Jason, yes as said above aspirin will effect the viscosity of your blood, it will thin it. That is why we give 325mg of baby aspirin with the onset of chest pain. As far as palpitations it won't stop them. It is a intermediate electrical problem with your heart. The only thing that would slow them down are drugs called beta-blocker which you do not want to use unless under doctors orders. It wouldnt be a good fix to the problem, as far as ulcers deveolping with the intake of aspirin, I would only take the 325mg of baby asa upon signs of the initial symptoms. Baby aspirin is better because it is chewable, you can chew up regular aspirin if you like the terrible taste.

Yeah, beta blockers are bad news, but they are more to slow a heart rate down in the case of something like recurrent SVT (when your heart beats over 150 beats per minute regularly).

Out of curiousity, original Jason, what is your resting heart rate??

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I use a baby asprin a day for heart health but I still get palps from time to time. It probably reduces it, but I was using apsrin before juicing.

great info, last time i asked dont think we got this far, I get teh worst case palps when on tren , but pretty much any cycle test based has some effect. My bp is never high at all, last time on a cycle about 3 months or so ago, I ended up spending the night in teh a and emergency in the hospital, thought my heart was gonna get out, but after spending the night there some doc comes along, I know about 50x more than he does, when i explain about juice, he starts laughing and walks away, comes back with a book looking up side effects. Wtf use is that!!

I remember my first cycle many years ago, test/deca at the end of the cycle i also remember spending the night in a hospital having ecg and heart ultrasound and that as the palps were again then pretty bad.

I do get mild cases when not on anything but very very mild only

peace

resting rate shown as 70bpm with wrist bpmonitor, and with my hrmonitor with chest strap its reading about 70-80bpm while resting

I have worn a heart monitor i was well wired up for 24 hrs with a cassette in it, but they didnt find anything wrong apparently

peace

Hard to say then, I am just starting tren and don't have all the worldly knowledge about it yet, but I can see it off the test. Yeah, when you talk to docs about AS, unless they are in the game, I would honestly be willing to say that they don't know anything about the side effect or the cross effects of the drugs. Docs are good for basic knowledge in this department, but you are better of getting the knowlege for yourself and being able to differentiate between another bout of the palps and soemthing more serious. Try the asprin... it may help, but to be honest, I don't think that's the problem. Here's a simple but often overlooked solution to a lot of chest pain and palp situations...oxygen! Most palps and chest px that is not related to a blocked vessel in the heart is because the heart is not getting enough oxygen. Since it seems like you may be predisposed to palps, it's probably going to happen no matter what you do, but staying calm and concentrating on getting good oxygen in (or supplemental Oxygen, eventhough that is a bit more extreme) will sometimes knock out a simple bout of chest px or palps. I know it seems too simple, but some people forget the simple stuff when the px hits.

I would love to hear more if anyone out there has any different or better ideas! (Always looking for more knowledge...of any kind!)

OJ, well your rate is not the prob... if you can remember and are not too stressed out, check it the next time you are having the palps. Good news is, doesn't sound like you'll need Beta blockers, at least not yet!

Prot is offline Banned

take 325 mg aspirin

Which is the full sized asprin. Recent studies show that less aspirin , i.e. baby asprin at 81 mg, has no benefit in preventing further "incidents". Its a waste to take less than 325 mg. I think this aspirin phobia developed because of salesmanship by drug companies promoting tylenol and ibuprofen, one of which is harmful to the liver and the other harmful to the kidneys. Either of these two has resulted in 1000s more in deaths than AAS.

In addition to the aspirin I would try Coenzyme Q10 and perhaps Hawthorne berry extract. Some palpitations are harmless but one is troubled by their increase during AAS administration. Knowing that AAS increase calcium usage I would also recommend a clacium /magnesium supplement of at least 1500/750 per day. Magnesium is essential for heart contractility.

Hard to say then, I am just starting tren and don't have all the worldly knowledge about it yet, but I can see it off the test. Yeah, when you talk to docs about AS, unless they are in the game, I would honestly be willing to say that they don't know anything about the side effect or the cross effects of the drugs. Docs are good for basic knowledge in this department, but you are better of getting the knowlege for yourself and being able to differentiate between another bout of the palps and soemthing more serious. Try the asprin... it may help, but to be honest, I don't think that's the problem. Here's a simple but often overlooked solution to a lot of chest pain and palp situations...oxygen! Most palps and chest px that is not related to a blocked vessel in the heart is because the heart is not getting enough oxygen. Since it seems like you may be predisposed to palps, it's probably going to happen no matter what you do, but staying calm and concentrating on getting good oxygen in (or supplemental Oxygen, eventhough that is a bit more extreme) will sometimes knock out a simple bout of chest px or palps. I know it seems too simple, but some people forget the simple stuff when the px hits.

I would love to hear more if anyone out there has any different or better ideas! (Always looking for more knowledge...of any kind!)

more cardio,would it help him out any? this may be a stupid question,but i know one of the best ways to get more oxygen to the blood stream is cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by jbol
    more cardio,would it help him out any? this may be a stupid question,but i know one of the best ways to get more oxygen to the blood stream is cardio.
    That is a possibility, but it can also work against him too. When you do cardio, you increase your myocardial oygen demand in the short term, but should increase his "wind" enough to provide higher levels of O2 concentration in the blood. I say it can work against him because if he already has ventricular hypertrophy (enlargement of the left lower ventricle <ie the most important part>) the cardio will actually increase the amount of O2 his heart needs to work correctly because it is actually an overgrown muscle. Think of it in these terms... a BB with large muscles need more fuel (ie food) to keep those muscles in shape and the heart is the same way...when it get's larger, it take more O2 to keep it pumping. I cannot say definitely one way or another if cardio will help or hurt, but if he doesn't have ventricular enlargement already, it would be another good thing to try. Medicine is not really an exact science, so it's good to try a number of things and see how they effect you and play off that

up untill last year, i always did between 30-50 mins cardio a day 5 days a week, however i think i have had periods where i didnt do any, and didnt notice the difference, but i wasnt looking out for it then. I NEED to do the cardio coming up as i have been off for to long and gained alot of fat so no questions ill just be lifting weights, also recovering from a herniated disk in my back

peace

jbolsrn is offline Female Member
    Not just Mg, but potassium has an affect on electroconductivity in the heart. Did you have lab drawn at the doctor? Did they check enzymes that show any damage to heart muscle? If you are still having palpitations when not on a cycle I think I would investigate further with a cardiologist. Sometimes these changes in your hearts conductivity can be asymptomatic or just the opposite. I just wonder are you having any other symptoms that go with oxygen depletion? Light headedness, slight confusion, fatigue, in general slower thought processes?
    " Who needs experience, when you have medical training"

i am getting palps all the time, should i say some of the time now even when not on cycle, i only notice them when i try to relax, dont have fatigue but just recovering from a herniated disk so havent been to active to be honest, and my brain well, i speak two languages, have a full time job in IT, and am taking a uni degree - and currently studying for some networking exams, so i think the thought process seems to be ok

I have also been under a cardiologist who made me feel like i was going to die without a chance of living the first time i seen him, simply because he suspected i was developing a cardiomyopathy, however when i went home with my cabbaged head beleving was going to die i called him back and he said its just common in bbers and i had no signs as yet.

I am sure something is not right, no one has yet been able to find out what

peace

longhornDr is offline Member
    Recurrent palpitations can be a serious problem and it is not a good idea to try and self-diagnose and treat on an internet board. Something like "take 2 aspirin" is not going to fix your problem.

Your best bet is to get a stress test and echocardiogram done if you havent already.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    This is interesting....Same exact thing happened on my first cycle. I would lay down in the bed, my heart would be beating very fast and it would feel like it was skipping a beat. I freaked out, went to the DR. and he said I was fine. It went away towards the end of my cycle, but in the beginning It happended all the time. My 2nd cycle I'm running now, NO problems, but the only difference now is I'm only running TEST and adding the EQ in later on. (running a long cycle) My first cycle I ran EQ from the beginning so I'm praying it wasn't the EQ causing the problem.

been all over the place, seen cardiologists, been wired up for 24hrs, had ecg, heart ultrasound, had all the tests, nobody has come up with anything at all

jbolsrn is offline Female Member
    I totally agree with longhorn. Really not good to diagnose here, but I understand you are frustrated. I was thinking more about this after I had responded earlier and I wanted to add a few things. I am no doctor, but I do have some knowledge and experience. I have to tell you palpitations are not normal. It means there is a problem with the conductivity in your heart. Therefore affecting rhythm, rate, regularities of your heart rate and the path its traveling. There are a multitude of actual diagnosis for these types of abnormalities. I do know it does affect the amount of blood that could either pool in the ventricles of your heart and the amount of blood going into your peripheral circulation. So please, get another opinion. I am not saying its life threatening. If your are otherwise without symptoms, they may do nothing to treat. You do want further consultation.
    Also, the aspirin is not going to cure the problem. As mentioned above it prevents aggragation of clots, basically your McDonalds wont be stuck within your arterial walls, preventing the flow of blood. And when giving aspirin to patients for preventative reasons the doses are not always the same. Someone with a past history of coronary artery disease would have a higher dose, but I wouldnt advise 325 mg for you. Really, I think one baby aspirin, 81mg, is enough. There is such a thing as too much of something. Meaning too much aspirin not only causes GI problems, but can cause bleeding tendencies. Not something you want or need. I cant even say I think you should take the aspirin, because it will not cure your current problem, it could just prevent a problem that could potentially happen, but that is true for anyone. Good Luck! Go to a different doctor and be honest about everything, and I mean everything.
    " Who needs experience, when you have medical training"

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Wow, some great, intelligent responses here!

I'm wondering what exactly you mean by "palpitations"? Do you mean periods of accelarated heartbeat? Or exagerated heartbeat at normal rate?

I was checked by a cardiologist due to a slight abnormality in an EKG. He said it was no problem but that I had a leaky valve that is putting backward pressure on my aorta, causing it to enlarge and it could eventually lead to "fibrillation". He said I may have to go on BP medication to lower the back pressure. He also insisted there was nothing wrong with my heart and that my blood pressure was fine (usually 123/70) which confuses me no end.

Anyway, I occasionally get brief periods of hard, pounding beats and weird feelings of "skipped" beats which I'd always assumed were normal and it's happening more frequently now that I'm on a cycle.

Is that anything like what you're getting? And how do "palpitations" differ from "fibrillation" -or are they the same thing?

longhornDr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Anyway, I occasionally get brief periods of hard, pounding beats and weird feelings of "skipped" beats which I'd always assumed were normal and it's happening more frequently now that I'm on a cycle.

Is that anything like what you're getting? And how do "palpitations" differ from "fibrillation" -or are they the same thing?
    "Palpitation" is a heartbeat that you can feel, basically an extremely forceful contraction after the heart has missed a few beats.

Fibrillation is disorganized contraction of myocardial fibers.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    OJ..

When was the last time you saw a cardiologist?

PM me your age, weight, current meds prescribed and otc, supplements, and anything else you can think of that seems vital..
    Unless you are comfortable posting all that info in the thread..

I have a few suspicions, but don't want to jump to any conclusions without some more information..

Doc M

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    "Palpitation" is a heartbeat that you can feel, basically an extremely forceful contraction after the heart has missed a few beats.

Fibrillation is disorganized contraction of myocardial fibers.

Thanks!

joker453 is offline New Member
    Jason_
    I am in a very similar situation! I started getting a rapid heartbeat and my heart would skip beats just as you are experiencing. My father is a Cardiovascular Surgeon and therefore sent me to the best Cardiologist in the country!!! LOL. Anyways he made me wear a Holter Monitor for 24 hours and I did my normal routine with it on. Went to work, came home, went to the gym, came home, and then ****ed my girl. It would get insanely fast when I would workout and do cardio as well. The Holter picked the fastest beating at 250 bpm which is FAST!!! The Cardiologist diagnosed me with Supra Ventricular Tachycardia (fancy term for fast heart beat) and told me I was experiencing the skipped beats do to the fast heart rate. He put me on a beta blocker, Toprol XL, at a low dose and I have been on it since. I havn't juiced since I have been on it and I am in your position where I want to badly!!!!!!!!! Anyways, the beta blocker has helped me big time. My heart doesnt beat close to as fast as it used to. And don't listen to these guys tellin u Beta Blockers are bad. They helped me big time!!! Also, Jason I read you dont drink alcohol, but for anyone else reading this thread, if you have this same problem, ALCOHOL WILL MAKE IT 100000000 TIMES WORSE!!!!! When I would drink at a club and start dancing and ****, my heart would ****ing blow outta my chest! When I stopped, the fast beating did as well to an extent. JASON...We need to stay in touch about this one, because this can be a great educational thread for anyone with a fast heart beat and palpatations and obviously us. The only problem is I cant talk to my cardiologist about the gear because he is good freinds with my father. And **** the Doctor/Patient Confidentiality in this situation, because he will tell my father in an instant! LOL. Jason, bottom line..... I want to juice and i'm sure you do also. Let's get to the bottom of this and find out what's up. Hope I helped some. Late.

Quote Originally Posted by joker453
    Jason_
    I am in a very similar situation! I started getting a rapid heartbeat and my heart would skip beats just as you are experiencing. My father is a Cardiovascular Surgeon and therefore sent me to the best Cardiologist in the country!!! LOL. Anyways he made me wear a Holter Monitor for 24 hours and I did my normal routine with it on. Went to work, came home, went to the gym, came home, and then ****ed my girl. It would get insanely fast when I would workout and do cardio as well. The Holter picked the fastest beating at 250 bpm which is FAST!!! The Cardiologist diagnosed me with Supra Ventricular Tachycardia (fancy term for fast heart beat) and told me I was experiencing the skipped beats do to the fast heart rate. He put me on a beta blocker, Toprol XL, at a low dose and I have been on it since. I havn't juiced since I have been on it and I am in your position where I want to badly!!!!!!!!! Anyways, the beta blocker has helped me big time. My heart doesnt beat close to as fast as it used to. And don't listen to these guys tellin u Beta Blockers are bad. They helped me big time!!! Also, Jason I read you dont drink alcohol, but for anyone else reading this thread, if you have this same problem, ALCOHOL WILL MAKE IT 100000000 TIMES WORSE!!!!! When I would drink at a club and start dancing and ****, my heart would ****ing blow outta my chest! When I stopped, the fast beating did as well to an extent. JASON...We need to stay in touch about this one, because this can be a great educational thread for anyone with a fast heart beat and palpatations and obviously us. The only problem is I cant talk to my cardiologist about the gear because he is good freinds with my father. And **** the Doctor/Patient Confidentiality in this situation, because he will tell my father in an instant! LOL. Jason, bottom line..... I want to juice and i'm sure you do also. Let's get to the bottom of this and find out what's up. Hope I helped some. Late.
    Beta blockers arent BAD, but they are something you don't want to be on, unless absolutely necessary. Almost all Beta Blockers are not Beta 1 or Beta 2 specific (B1 and B2 meaning what functions are controlled ie heart contractility, bronchiole dialation, etc), so when you are on a Beta blocker it can inhibit other areas that you are not trying to regulate (bronchiole constriction, or smaller airway constriction to make it easier) which is an undesirable side effect. That is why those of us in this thread that are well educated on this subject say they are bad.

OJ, I agree with the general concensus on here when I say that you should go back to the doctor (or maybe even a new doctor) and tell them the whole story. I, nor anybody else on this board, can diagnose you without seeing all the data (which is not possible). The palps are not "normal", but a good cardioligist may be able to find the problem and it may be (and hopefully is) something simple. Best of luck to you!

zedsdead is offline New Member
    i started getting palps on a cycle that i just finished, and when they didnt go away after the cycle i started to get pretty scared, a got a tip from a guy on another board, he told me to take 1000mg of salmon oil three times a day and i havent had a palp since! try it out, it completly got rid of my palps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information