jwol is offline Junior Member

Baseball Cycle...please critique

Hello all, I have been reading every night for two weeks and think I am ready for my first post.

I am 20 years old, 6'0 at 188 lbs(not sure about bf but not much). I have been on weights hard for three years now and have finally peaked.

I want to gain 10-15 solid, maintainable lbs (likely the only cycle I will ever do), but want to really increase my strength, stamina, and vascularity. Basically, I want to increase my "explosiveness" bc I am a borderline d1 recruit. Also, I really want it to run throughout my season, which is roughly 13 weeks long.

The cycle I had in mind is this,

Test E @ 500mg a week for 10 wks
    EQ @ 400 mg a week for 10 wks
    Winny @ 50 mg EOD for wks 8-13
    (of course Nolva, Clomid, etc).

Should I run Prop at the beginning to jump start the gains?Should I up the dose on the Winny?
    Should I run EQ for longer?

Basically, please critique this and help me to figure out what is best for me.

Thanks in advance...sorry if I overlooked something...

you might want to extend the EQ to 12 weeks minimum for the best results from it and I would recomend prop for 10 weeks and not enth, just to cut down the water weight since it is during your baseball season.

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    If I were you I would run it something like this:

Test Prop wks 1-13 100mgs EOD
    EQ wks 1-10 400mgs/week
    Winny wks 8-13 50mgs ED

Start PCT 3 days after your last prop shot. If you run prop, you will retain less water than enanthate and with the winny and EQ, you will definitely get that hard vascular look and keep some quality muscle. Be sure your diet and cardio is on point though.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Good work bro.. Looks like someone did some research!!!!!!!!!!! i would say yes, you can throw some prop in the first few weeks, in anticipation of the test enthanate to take effect.. Prop needs to be shot EOD at the least, but it will work excellent (100mgs EOD).. Shoot the enthanate/EQ every 4 days, or (every monday and thurs) 250mgs/per day, and you can shoot the EQ with the test on those days also.. winstrol looks good where its at.. Just a suggestion you can shoot the prop towards the end of the cyle after you finish the enthanate, to make PCT recovery that much better so you can keep your gains.. Have some Novaldex on hand for gyno.. 10mgs a day, if you experience gyno side effects.. keep the caloires high, and the protein high..

That looks good bro, You'll like that one

MrDezel is offline Banned
    You want to run it throughout your season? Is that college or high school.

It is juco. We have no drug testing here .

So, just stick with prop? or run it at the beginning and the end? and stick with Test E all the way through?

I thought I might be running a little short on the weeks.

Anybody else?

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    The bros are right, I overlooked the fact that you'll be playing ball on cycle.. The extra water might be good if you are running the winstrol to 'cushion' your joints somewhat, but if the bloat gets bad you can throw in liquidex or armidex to help the water retention.. Prop is alot of shots for 13 weeks, For your first cycle this may be a pain, or it may focus you more..

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I agree, I just put my boy(ncaa div I pitcher) on a prop only cycle, he is seing good results. Eod injections suck but no pain no gain right? All you need is a couple of bottles of prop and you are good to go. I am in agreement with monster, thanks for doing some research, it makes it so much easier to critique.

I see...so just stick with the Prop then?
    I don't mind the pain. After all, I am a catcher/3b...I get beat up all the time.

Anybody else?

well, this appears to be your first cycle, no need for over kill, you'll grow great on test only, trust us

Quote Originally Posted by jwol
    I see...so just stick with the Prop then?
    I don't mind the pain. After all, I am a catcher/3b...I get beat up all the time.

Anybody else?
    Prop only, or prop w/ either EQ or the winny or both would be an excellent cycle for you. If this is your first cycle you might want to stick with just the prop. Also, if you run l-dex throught your cycle at .25mgs ED you won't have to worry about any water retention. Good luck bro.

I wouldn't suggest winny for you, I blew out my rotator on it. It dries out the joints and even being on the infield, you may be hurting.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    specially if your a catcher winny is a bad idea. Prop is the way to go in this case.

RUDY-14 is offline Associate Member
    Agreed, the winny will dry up your joints, not good for a ball player, the prop is best at ED injections something you probably don;t want to deal with, try test e and run some l-dex throughout, this will cut out the bloat, if you want to kickstart the cycle you can either try prop or d-bol. The d-bol also casues water retention and the prop as prev stated should be shot ev day, your call bro.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    I wouldn't suggest winny for you, I blew out my rotator on it. It dries out the joints and even being on the infield, you may be hurting.
    Same thing happened to me. I also think your still to young and you certainly don't need to run that much stuff. I'm glad your doing your research, but I also don't think 2 weeks is enough..

I know two weeks is not enough research...but I do not have any more time. This is going to be my first and only cycle because I will be tested from here on out. So the reason for all the "stuff" is because I do not plan to do it again for at least 2 more years. I know that I must have TEST. I added the equipoise mainly because of it's prevention of lactic acid due to the RBC count, as well as it's properties of increasing endurance(I often have to catch both ends of the double header and after about 11 innings I start to drift a bit). The primary reason for the Winny is to try to increase explosive strength that I will hopefully keep and to try to extend the cycle through the end of the season.

Sorry if my thinking is off on this...Thanks for all the help so far and please continue to help

wallycn is offline Banned
    Hello all, I have been reading every night for two weeks and think I am ready for my first post.

I am 20 years old, 6'0 at 188 lbs(not sure about bf but not much). I have been on weights hard for three years now and have finally peaked.

I want to gain 10-15 solid, maintainable lbs (likely the only cycle I will ever do), but want to really increase my strength, stamina, and vascularity. Basically, I want to increase my "explosiveness" bc I am a borderline d1 recruit. Also, I really want it to run throughout my season, which is roughly 13 weeks long.

The cycle I had in mind is this,

Test E @ 500mg a week for 10 wks
    EQ @ 400 mg a week for 10 wks
    Winny @ 50 mg EOD for wks 8-13
    (of course Nolva, Clomid, etc).

Should I run Prop at the beginning to jump start the gains?Should I up the dose on the Winny?
    Should I run EQ for longer?

Basically, please critique this and help me to figure out what is best for me.

Thanks in advance...sorry if I overlooked something...
    If this is your first cycle, it will give you great results. Do it how you have it set and you will be in good shape. Before you worry about what everyone tells you you might want to look at their profiles and judge if you think they know what their saying. People always think they know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by wallycn
    If this is your first cycle, it will give you great results. Do it how you have it set and you will be in good shape. Before you worry about what everyone tells you you might want to look at their profiles and judge if you think they know what their saying. People always think they know everything.
    well, apparently, someone didn't read the thread...we knew what we were talking about, try reading everything before posting.(here is a hint...he is a baseball player) good advice though

Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    well, apparently, someone didn't read the thread...we knew what we were talking about, try reading everything before posting.(here is a hint...he is a baseball player) good advice though
    Yah listen to natural and the others bros. I forgot about how winny is bad on your joints, and if you are a catcher/3rd baseman it will probably do you best to leave the winny out. But, prop stacked with EQ would be an excellent choice or even the prop by itself. Take some l-dex though and you shouldn't have any bloat at all.

Thanks for all the advice and replies. I am definately considering dropping the Winny after all. The only thing is that right now, Winny is probably the most popular steroid among my fellow athletes...It is hard to pass up the explosiveness and "time off the 60" that they get. If I just HADDD to take it, is there anything legal that could cure the joint issue? I have never had any kind of joint problem. Not even in the knees and I am in no hurry to start, so if it is no way around this discomfort then I will drop it after all.

Keep 'em coming.

The only thing that I could think of is maybe you can get a hold of some deca and drop the EQ, if you HAD to run the winny. That way the deca will make your joints feel really good, since it is known to help the joints. Maybe try this if you really are set on taking the winny:

Test Prop wks 1-13 100 mgs EOD
    Deca wks 1-10 300mgs/week
    Winny wks 8-13 50mgs ED

Be sure to run some l-dex at .25mgs ED and you won't have any problem with water retention. Good luck bro.

wallycn is offline Banned
    Thanks for all the advice and replies. I am definately considering dropping the Winny after all. The only thing is that right now, Winny is probably the most popular steroid among my fellow athletes...It is hard to pass up the explosiveness and "time off the 60" that they get. If I just HADDD to take it, is there anything legal that could cure the joint issue? I have never had any kind of joint problem. Not even in the knees and I am in no hurry to start, so if it is no way around this discomfort then I will drop it after all.

Keep 'em coming.
    Winny rocks, take it. Just ask your bro's, and watch their performance improve. Let that help you in making your decision.

raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    The only thing that I could think of is maybe you can get a hold of some deca and drop the EQ, if you HAD to run the winny. That way the deca will make your joints feel really good, since it is known to help the joints.
    Just a Q, how long after your cycle do you think you might get tested??? If it's anywhere less than a year, then you definitely need to stay the heck away from deca . Check the detection times board, EQ is already 4-5 months. Be careful.

raoul3 is offline Associate Member

Keep 'em coming.
    There are good legal joint formulas around, the best ones contain Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM. Not sure if it would counter winny's sides, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.
    I have chronic knee tendonitis (not due to winny..) and I've just started some joint forumla pills today. We'll see how it goes.

byu
    byu is offline Junior Member
    Jwol...
    Stay away from winny. Especially if you are a catcher. Winny accelerates muscle growth at a much greater rate than connective tissue. Obviously this leads to torn tendons and fractures in some cases.
    I play ball, professionally. I also have a masters in BioMechanics. I'm not saying I know...but I have done extensive research utilizing sources that aren't availible to everyone.
    If you are looking to bulk, here's was my first cycle:

1-9 Deca 400mgs ew
    1-10 Sust 250mgs ew
    Clomid pct.
    Maintained 20lbs. Real simple. I agree that sust has to be injected eod, I didn't know that at the time and only injected once a week. It worked perfectly for me. Another pitcher I know just finished the same cycle. He went from 178lbs to 219. Undoubtley he will lose some water weight...but 30 lbs would be good results from a first cycle.
    If you aren't looking to gain weight, the prop cycle the bros are recommending would be ok. But it sounds like you want bulk.
    I haven't tried Eq. but know it is similar to Deca in pysiological interaction.

heater is offline Junior Member
    Ok you have had a lot of great answers throw your way. I am a DI player and thought I would share what a lot guys I know do. I have one buddy who is a pitcher who ran test. susp. and gained about 8-9 mph on his fastball. You said that you were a catcher thou (sorry forgot what position you played). One of my buddies is a catcher and he just wrapped up a 6 cycle of prop. and winny, he gained around 30 lbs. (ate and worked out like a mad man) he is now dropping F***ing BOMBS. I also know of pitchers and position players who loved a prop/anavar cycle. But one last thing, some guys have joint pain on winny and some don't but if you don't get joint pain it works really well.

I do not want to gain that much weight....just around 10-15 lbs, hopefully not 30(want to keep all my speed). I want to gain more strength and speed than weight. The thing that keeps Winny on my mind is the fact that even behind the plate for 14 innings 4x a week, my knees have never hurt, so that makes me believe I have good joints? haha...the more I find out, the less I know

I still do not know what to do :>?
    Last edited by jwol; 02-03-2004 at 07:56 PM.

byu
    byu is offline Junior Member
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...nective+tissue Read this one.
    Look into the prop and anavar cycle. I still think sust and deca is a good cycle. Use ldex for water retention and run lower doses and you won't gain 30 lbs. Deca is beneficial for tendons/ligaments (connective tissue).
    See if you can get Keymastur to critique your cycle. He is a bit older with ample knowledge of baseball players and their needs in AS.

Thread Information