SonGoku is offline Associate Member

anti inflamatory pills while on cycle??

Hi, just wanted to know if there is any complications in using anti inflamatory pills during a cycle??

I think I have a beginning tendency of tennis elbow. It's not too bad though so I thought I would stop doing the exercises that provoke it and take some anti inflamatory pills. I was thinking of buying some ibuprofen 200mg and take some with some aspirins. Take maybe 600-800 mg a day for a couple of weeks. TAking an aspirin with each 200 mg.

Also plan to work out my forearms a lot more, streach out my wrist and at night I sit with a forzen bag of pea's on the elbow to cool it down as I've read that these actions could help as well.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Never mix asprin and NSAIDs (Mobic, Naproxen, Allieve..etc)...this will cause allot of grief when it comes to your liver and stomach. This is not just "on-cycle" but always!

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    OK, I thought that the 2 substances mix well together!? I think that both my doctor and the chick at the pharmacy said that ibuprofen taken with aspirins would increase the effect of the ibuprofen!?!?!? They also told me though that I shouldn't take for more than 10-14 days as it is known to lead to stomach altser (spelling!?)

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    About the Ulcer....they are correct..Naproxen is horrible fo r the stomach lining..exteded users can also get nose bleeds...ulcers..liver damage...

Prot is offline Banned
    The forearm work will do the trick...I use grippers when tennis elbow begins. In the meantime ibuprofen can be used at 600mg for first dosage(necessary to raise blood levels enough) and 400 mg evey 6 hours therafter. One week is sufficient. This will not kill you but really the extra forearm work, especially before doing other exercises will alleviate the "tennis elbow".

you dont frequent StudentDoctorNetwork do you?

Swellin Guest
    800mg of ibuprofin is prescription strength. I have been taking either 600mg or 800mg every morning for 6 weeks. I stopped for a couple of weeks, but will start back tomorrow. Ibuprofin is gentler on my gut than Vioxx, so I stick with it. Grnted, prolonged periods of use can cause some rather serious problmes.

ibuprofen is hard on liver, so would not use with orals.

ginger root and aspirin

Thread Information