gerard4780 is offline Junior Member

what do people mean when they talk of lipid levels?

i dont understand what people mean when they are talking about lipid levels could someone please explain this to me. thanks

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

here this should help

Fats in the blood are called lipids. Lipids join with protein in your blood to form lipoproteins. Lipoproteins make energy for your body, so they're important to the cells in your body.

Three kinds of lipoproteins, (also called cholesterol), are in your blood: (1) high-density (also called HDL, for short) cholesterol, (2) low-density (also called LDL) cholesterol and (3) very low-density (VLDL) cholesterol. HDL is sometimes called the "good cholesterol" because it keeps cholesterol from buiding up in yur arteries. (You can remember this is the "good" cholesterol if you think "H is for healthy.") LDL can be thought of as the "bad" cholesterol because high LDL levels can increase your risk of a heart attack or stroke. (You can remember this is the "bad" cholesterol if you think "L is for lousy.")

Hope this helps bro.
    Last edited by DF2003; 02-04-2004 at 07:06 PM.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Well said DF2003!...someones been doing their late night reading!

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    nice explanation. I was thinking of doing some research into finding out eaxactly what the are/meant. Bump for anyone else who needs to know....

Thread Information