Solrock is offline Member

Drain abscess with 18g needle?

Here's the situation:

I have two lumps (fairly hard) above my gluteus medius. They have been there for a solid two weeks and have not reduced in size. I have one on each side, almost perfectly symetrical (funny, eh?).

I have been injecting with 1" pins, not the usual 1.5". I have been rotating injection sites. I have not injected into the gluteus medius for two weeks and plan on staying away from this area.

The 1" pin did not make it into the musscle when I injected. Are the lumps a result of injecting into adipose tissue or is it an abscess?

I have had a fever and night sweats, and even got a mild case of bronchitis. I took antibiotics, and the bronchitis and most of the night sweats went away. (I am running Prop and EQ).

I work at a university, and only want to use my health plan as a last resort (there are a variety of reasons).

I am tempted to stick an 18g needle into the lumps and see if I can drain them, if in fact there is anything to drain.

Any ideas, suggestions or expereinces would be greatly appreciated.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I never had anything like that happen to me but I would suggest not doing surgery on yourself w/ a 18g dart.
    I have known ppl that have had lumps like your explaining, but they subsided over a few weeks or so. Try rubbing them on a daily basis, cuz it could be just the built up oil being you said the pin didn't go all the way into the muscle.
    Goodluck though,

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    hmm, i tried draining some fluid from my calf with an 18g dart. not fun to say the least. I know people who have partially drained abcesses before but imo you should go to the doctor. When it comes to your health dont **** around. if it truely is an abcess they will have to drain it. from what it sounds like they wont have to cut it open but still, im not a doc. my .02

Ben Lifton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solrock
    Here's the situation:

I have two lumps (fairly hard) above my gluteus medius. They have been there for a solid two weeks and have not reduced in size. I have one on each side, almost perfectly symetrical (funny, eh?).

I have been injecting with 1" pins, not the usual 1.5". I have been rotating injection sites. I have not injected into the gluteus medius for two weeks and plan on staying away from this area.

The 1" pin did not make it into the musscle when I injected. Are the lumps a result of injecting into adipose tissue or is it an abscess?

I have had a fever and night sweats, and even got a mild case of bronchitis. I took antibiotics, and the bronchitis and most of the night sweats went away. (I am running Prop and EQ).

I work at a university, and only want to use my health plan as a last resort (there are a variety of reasons).

I am tempted to stick an 18g needle into the lumps and see if I can drain them, if in fact there is anything to drain.

Any ideas, suggestions or expereinces would be greatly appreciated.

You will most likley drain puss & blood out of it but..... I seen it done and it sucks. (no pun...) Keep watching how you feel.. I knew a guy that got used the badd ttoyykoo test it abscessed guy waited it out... got the night sweats thing and ended up w/ a massive infection. I would try to rub those out and break them up before 18g drain method. Good Luck!

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

yea

yea if you injected into the fat the oil will still get absorbed but not completely. you need to massgae it often and i beleive it will go down. but now i would use a 1.5 inch to make sure you inject into the muscle. the sickness and all is a sure sign of infection but i surely wouldnt try drawing out any abscessed material yourself. ask one of the MD's on the board.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Don't f uck around with infections...go see a doctor. By trying to drain it, all you are going to do is cause the infection to get worse...go see a dr.

peace,

ttgb

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    And next time do better research and do things right. I had to give my rant...lack of knowledge is no excuse when it comes to your body.

peace,

ttgb

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

ttb

rant taken ....and needed on these type of things you know

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    Could that also be a buildup of scar tissue?? I have a small lump on left shoulder thats been there for a year, I havent gotten sick from it, nor does it hurt or have a red area around it, and I was told it could be a small buildup of scar tissue from moving the needle too much (I had a problem keeping the pin straight when reaching for my shoulder). Could it be something like that??

I too have had a small lump on my right shoulder on one of my cycles...I just stopped injecting into that area and kept rubbing it, also did this thing where I took a golf ball and put it between the lumped area and a wall, and moved back and forth, after a couple times, it was gone, just a small build up.

l2r2v is offline New Member
    i had this happen to my delt. i just gave it time you should be ok.

ive had that problem and the lumps took some time to go away..thats just me though. DONT PLAY DR!!

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    See a doc - if the fevers persist for another day or two - what type of antibiotics did you use ? Did you use the full course ?

BDTR is offline Retired
    When i was 18 i had a huge abscess on my quad from a bad injection. I drained it with an 18 guage and flushed it with BA twice a day, very very painful. Ended up having to do this 8 times total because it kept coming back, it finally went away though. I wish i had went to a doctor.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    When i was 18 i had a huge abscess on my quad from a bad injection. I drained it with an 18 guage and flushed it with BA twice a day, very very painful. Ended up having to do this 8 times total because it kept coming back, it finally went away though. I wish i had went to a doctor.
    LOL..that's hard core

BDTR is offline Retired
    Sadly Hardcore and Dumb go hand and hand lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    LOL..that's hard core

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Sadly Hardcore and Dumb go hand and hand lol.
    youve probably seen it but theres a thread about a guy who did his own gyno surgery. you two are about = as far as hardcoreness goes. howd u flush it with ba? just inject ba directly in there?

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    **** bro, go see a doctor...

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yeah, tatmark from gotfina did his own gyno surgery..

As for the BA, id fill the abscess with it, let it sit for a bit then drain it again.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    youve probably seen it but theres a thread about a guy who did his own gyno surgery. you two are about = as far as hardcoreness goes. howd u flush it with ba? just inject ba directly in there?

Roidfever is offline Associate Member
    Just go to your doc man. About a year ago I had the same thing going on on my left quad. I waited and played my own doc untill I couldn't walk anymore. I had to be rushed to the hospital and ended up in the ER-room. The doc there told me that I had been playing with my life for waiting so long.

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    Bdtr...Some guy did gyno surgery on himself??? How the hell did he do that?? That takes big balls or a little brain, lololol!!!! No offense to the guy, but im just sayin, that is crazy!!!!

Agent Smith is offline 'The Cleaner'
    btdr you really are a monster!

bro go to the doctor and get it checked out.

peace

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Doing your own surgery is crazy especially for gyno. You need def to go to the doc. Antibiotics will help but it needs to be drained or cut out. I use a 23g pin to get inflammed ingrown hairs but thats it. Get the help.

Solrock is offline Member

Thank you bdtr, that's what I wanted to hear. Just kidding... sort-of.

The fever has been gone for a couple days. I took a full course of anti-biotics (cephalexin).

There is no redness. However, I now have a golf ball size lump in each tricep. So this is making me think it is something other than an abscess. (F*** the homemade gear. I just had to try it.... )

I am going to attempt the golf ball/tennis ball rolling technique to see if I can break these lumps up.

thanks for all the feedback.

<I'll tell you what though, these lumps in my tris look kick ass. >

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    1800DOCTOR
    Go see the doc for something like that bro

Thread Information