Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    dizzle is offline Respected Member

Liquid Research Busted...

I got this from Anabolic -Planet and AnabolicFreakz...

Tuesday night raid in a quiet Metairie neighborhood was part of an investigation into alleged steroid sales over the Internet, according to Jefferson Parish officials.

Sheriff Harry Lee said Edward and Natalie Barton were allegedly manufacturing steroids and gamma butyrolactone (GBL) at a lab in their in their Tabony Street home.

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and U.S. Customs agents were at the home Tuesday night removing containers of a white powder.

WWL-TV
    Several barrels were removed from the home
    Lee said the business the couple allegedly ran, liquidresearch.com, mixed the chemicals and distributed them via the Internet and in the metro New Orleans area.

Edward Barton was charged with possession with intent to distribute anabolic steroids , creation of clandestine lab, possession of GBL (a compound synonymous with steroid use ), possession of marijuana, and possession of controlled dangerous substance in the presence of minor, the couple’s 3-year-old son.

Natalie Barton was charged with creation of clandestine lab, possession of GBL, possession of marijuana, and possession of controlled dangerous substance in the presence of minor.

Christopher Durel, identified as an employee of the operation, was charged with creation of clandestine lab and possession of GBL.

Officials said the investigation is ongoing to determine magnitude of the operation.

An unnamed relative of the Barton’s, who said they work with the couple in their home, said they have done nothing illegal.

According to a disclaimer on the website, “all research products offered by Liquid Research are intended for laboratory and research use only.”
    ____
    more
    ____
    METAIRIE, La. -- Investigators have arrested three people and the probe is expanding after chemicals were seized Tuesday in what officials are calling the largest drug bust in the history of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.

Edward Barton, 27, Natalie Barton, 25, and Christopher Durel, 26, face charges that include possession with intent to distribute an illegal substance, possession of a controlled substance and operating an illegal lab.

Tuesday at about 10:30 p.m., agents with the DEA and the Jefferson Parish Narcotics Unit, and members of the Jefferson Parish Fire Department and the U.S. Postal Inspector's Office confiscated more than a dozen containers from the home in the 4700 block of Tabony Street in Metairie. Hazardous materials crews were then brought in to help clear out the house.

Investigators said the Bartons were selling the substance GBL -- a precursor to the date rape drug GHB -- out of the home and over the Internet. The Bartons allegedly were operating under the company name NuRave Inc.

In addition to the chemicals, agents also seized marijuana from the home, Sheriff Harry Lee said.

The Bartons have a 3-year-old child. It was not immediately clear whether the child was in the home at the time of the arrests.

Investigators are analyzing computer data and customer lists seized in the raid, and more charges may be forthcoming.

Neighbors told WDSU NewsChannel 6 reporter Heath Allen that the residents of the home were new to the neighborhood, were friends of the homeowner and had moved in a couple of months ago. Neighbors said a man who lives at the home made his living selling a growth hormone .
    Copyright 2004 by TheNewOrleansChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Last edited by dizzle; 02-04-2004 at 05:28 PM.

Investigators are analyzing computer data and customer lists seized in the raid, and more charges may be forthcoming.

uhh, that's a bit messed up for people who ordered from them.

razor67 is offline Banned
    this isnt good at all

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah d@mn Im glad I have never used them, I heard there ta sucked

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    nope...I was wondering the other day how long it would be before UL started getting visits.

peace,

ttgb

CoRnErBaCk24 is offline Associate Member
    sh*t, i ordered clen from them!

Jackman is offline Banned
    **** i just ordered from them!

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    hmmm...just ordered over the weekend and got the stuff today. Guess I won't be using them anymore at all.....I'd appreciate other suggestions if anyone has one (pm of course)

Well, I just went to their website, and no wonder they were getting visits from the cops. They are promoting G on there like it's pepsi.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    that sucks! any I thoughts if your name should be found on there list?

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    dam*!!!!!!! that sucks!!!!! sh!t sh!t sh!t !!!!!!!!!

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    wow
    this is not a good thing. i order friday night from them looks like i need to clean house or something.. hope this is a joke.

So all the other companies selling research chemicals are just as susceptible. I honestly don't know how it was possible to sell research chemicals to private parties in the first place and not be in violation of any laws. Even in the labs I've worked in, most controlled substances need to be received by an MD or DVM. It sucks. This is going to screw up a lot of peoples "research".

Just checked my order number and this is what it says from usps.com tracking

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on February 03, 2004 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later

Ben Lifton is offline Associate Member
    f*ck... not good. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    So all the other companies selling research chemicals are just as susceptible. I honestly don't know how it was possible to sell research chemicals to private parties in the first place and not be in violation of any laws. Even in the labs I've worked in, most controlled substances need to be received by an MD or DVM. It sucks. This is going to screw up a lot of peoples "research".
    As I said earlier, they are promoting G (GHB) on the front page. This will raise flags very quickly. They were probably fine until they said "GABA" in big print.

I might suggest putting the site on the scammer's list since the Feds/DEA or whatever could take over that site and try to bust people for ordering.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member

Unhappy

I have bought a lot of stuff from LR any body want to pm me with some advice. Shoudl I be worried? signed worried cj

I'm sorry for all of you who have recently ordered from them. In reality, there are many UG labs whose prices are quite a bit better on pretty much everything all the research companies are/were selling.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    WTF! I was just about to order from them also! Um if anyone could PM me with an alternative ,Please

If anyone saw that it was supposed to be a pm sorry

anyone suppose this could be a joke? is there any way to check a newspaper in the area from online?

**** just checked newspapers its all true check it out!!! http://www.theneworleanschannel.com/...83/detail.html

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I knew this was going to happen sooner then later.
    I really don't think we've got anything to worry about as far as feds coming after us for clomid orders etc...

jbol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    WTF! I was just about to order from them also! Um if anyone could PM me with an alternative ,Please
    a pm with an alternitive would be nice..

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Should I be worried? I used them 6 months ago.

i just ordered like 3 things of clen , nolva and clomid from them on monday and said they going mail it tues! anyone think they got it out? what time of say u think they send orderes out! they got busted at 11 in the mourning! arg

abmyers is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    I knew this was going to happen sooner then later.
    I really don't think we've got anything to worry about as far as feds coming after us for clomid orders etc...
    Yeah, if you've only used them for clomid/nolva etc, you should be fine, as those substances aren't controlled. If you order GHB or GBL or anything controlled... I might worry

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

ouch

well dizzle thx for the heads up, im sure glad i havent ordered from them

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    i made an order Mon, the day before the "bust"...i recieved a email confirmation from ups on tuesday? i am getting paranoid as sh**.. anyone have any suggestions, pm or what ever, if you have an idea let us know!!!

hybrid is offline Member
    Thanks for finding the Dizzle. This is very bad. I hope it doesn't trickle down to those who ordered from them. Can't believe that they would go after clomid users. But advertising growth hormone was really stupid. And if they kept customer records, that was even dumber, both for them and for those who ordered. And WTF was the part about the date rape drug. If they were making stuff like that, they should rot in jail.

that article said they are operating under the name Nurave Inc. are we shure this isnt just a mix up?

151 is offline Associate Member
    Glad I didn't just make an order for anything, since I was just at their site several minutes ago. But I did have a couple of orders within the past 6 weeks or so. I wonder how much details they kept in their records.

Quote Originally Posted by zx7racing
    i made an order Mon, the day before the "bust"...i recieved a email confirmation from ups on tuesday? i am getting paranoid as sh**.. anyone have any suggestions, pm or what ever, if you have an idea let us know!!!
    Bro im in the same boat as you did u get a confirmation nuumber? from usps?

abmyers is offline Associate Member
    The article gives a link to www.liquidresearch.com . I don't think its a mix up.

hybrid is offline Member
    That's a good point. Does anyone have verification that the two named in the charges are the two that run LR?

Quote Originally Posted by zx7racing
    that article said they are operating under the name Nurave Inc. are we shure this isnt just a mix up?
    F***- never mind

hybrid is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abmyers
    The article gives a link to www.liquidresearch.com . I don't think its a mix up.
    That's right, it does say that. Guess they're screwed.

151 is offline Associate Member
    Here's the info from the domain name liquidresearch.com

Domain Name.......... liquidresearch.com
    Creation Date........ 2003-03-05
    Registration Date.... 2003-03-05
    Expiry Date.......... 2004-03-05
    Organisation Name.... Barton, Mike
    Organisation Address. 311 Teal Court
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Mandeville
    Organisation Address. 70448
    Organisation Address. Louisiana
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Mike Braton
    Admin Address........ 311 Teal Court
    Admin Address........
    Admin Address........ Mandeville
    Admin Address........ 70448
    Admin Address........ LA
    Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
    Admin Email.......... [email protected]
    Admin Phone.......... 985-727-1509
    Admin Fax............

i hope so! Racing i ordered monday also... u think they got our orders out in time? also what does it say when you put in your tracking number?

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    If I had to guess there are mods working on getting as much information as possible as we speak. Give them some time and I bet you we'll hear some good feedback and advice. I wouldn't worry about anything happening over the next couple of days guys...it wouldn't really be cost effective for the DEA, etc. Even if they wanted to start tracking down buyers, it would take them quite a while before having all of the information put together. Which, by the way, I truly doubt anything else wil come of this for the people that have ordered from them.

peace,

ttgb

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information