SIRFREAK is offline New Member

Cholesterol levels?

I just received my Cholesterol test back and it was 263. The doctor told me that this was abnormally high and has asked me to come back in so that we may chat. My question is would my current cycle/diet cause the levels to be so high? And what should I do? I have put on a lot of weight this cycle so far. I started the cycle 8 Jan 04 and weighed 185lbs, today I weighed in at 226lbs. That adds up to be 41 lbs in about a month. I might add that I normally carry myself around 225 with a BF around 17 and just lost that weight to get down to 185. I am 41 years old and 5?8?. I hope this enough information for some response.

Sus 250mg x 4 (100mg) per week
    Fina 100mg ED
    Insulin 10 IU ED
    Nolvedex

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Bro I'd say he going to put you on lipitor or a med like that. Your cycle can be acusing most of it but at your age putting on that much weight in that little time can be causing a lot of it. I don't think a gram of test is helping either, Bro we're not kids anymore, a gram of test is a lot for Bros our age. I've done 3 cycles and haven't gone over a gram of combined gear yet.

What's your cycle history?

JohnnyB

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Get on some policosinol

Are you running the Nolva right now, if not, then start @ 20mg

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Would you believe my cholesterol was checked twice recently...the second time because the first was unbelieveable...

1st test:94

retest: 92

Go figure.

-LH

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIRFREAK
    I just received my Cholesterol test back and it was 263. The doctor told me that this was abnormally high and has asked me to come back in so that we may chat. My question is would my current cycle/diet cause the levels to be so high? And what should I do? I have put on a lot of weight this cycle so far. I started the cycle 8 Jan 04 and weighed 185lbs, today I weighed in at 226lbs. That adds up to be 41 lbs in about a month. I might add that I normally carry myself around 225 with a BF around 17 and just lost that weight to get down to 185. I am 41 years old and 5?8?. I hope this enough information for some response.

Sus 250mg x 4 (100mg) per week
    Fina 100mg ED
    Insulin 10 IU ED
    Nolvedex
    I did a 215 on the Cholesterol but the problem for me was the 296 for triglicerides... my doctor didnt think it was too much of an issue because I am always low or normal blood pressure so I didnt have the major risk issue that makes the other numbers so serious. Plus I confessed to my doctor about the steroid cycle, I got no lecture but he said, well then you really dont have cholesterol problem its just temporarily screwed up. My red and white blood cells were just a tad over the maximum normal range count but all in all I dont really have to do much of anything except stay off steroids the the next 2 months.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    Would you believe my cholesterol was checked twice recently...the second time because the first was unbelieveable...

1st test:94

retest: 92

Go figure.

-LH
    And you are total vegetarian only getting protein from soy milk??

I believe cholesterols under 130 are dangerous to your health and needs to be increased.

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    And you are total vegetarian only getting protein from soy milk??

I believe cholesterols under 130 are dangerous to your health and needs to be increased.
    Nope. I eat steak, salmon, whole eggs, cheese, milk, and plenty of it. I just have no closesterol.

I do have lupus, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with low cholesterol levels. Unless somehow prednisone lowers cholesterol, and I don't think so...

-LH

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Bro I'd say he going to put you on lipitor or a med like that. Your cycle can be acusing most of it but at your age putting on that much weight in that little time can be causing a lot of it. I don't think a gram of test is helping either, Bro we're not kids anymore, a gram of test is a lot for Bros our age. I've done 3 cycles and haven't gone over a gram of combined gear yet.

JohnnyB
    Yes I'm taking Nolvadez @ 20mg ED. Johnny, What, should I drop down 3 sust a week? Should I stop eating so much? The doctor also told me that my triglicerides were at 125, HDL was at 6 and LDL was at 232. The doctor really sounded puzzeld which is got me a little uneasy. As far as my history is concerned I have been using AS for 15 years but with little knowledge of proper doses or combinations. I wish I knew half of what most of you know now when I was younger. I appreciate you guys helping out senior citizens like myself.

Pheedno, is this policosinol an over the counter sup? Where can I find info on it?

Eddie8 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB

JohnnyB
    Do I understand you to say that us older guys cannot handle as much gear as the younger guys. I always thought that it would be the opposite since our natural levels are dropping as we age. Is it just more difficult for our bodies to process the chemicals as we age or is it the hormone itself.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I've heard of HDL going down to zero on gear but never seen an actual result. No wonder your doc looked puzzled! You're probably aware that HDL is the "good" kind and LDL is the "bad"? I wonder what do you test at when you're not on gear?

I'm of the opinion that cholesterol responds eventually to diet, at least I know it does for me. Mine was 180 during my cycle and 150 several months after. It's been as high as 210 but it totally depends on how much of a cholesterol/saturated fat nazi I am. So I wonder how careful you are with your diet?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Wow, I've heard of HDL going down to zero on gear but never seen an actual result. No wonder your doc looked puzzled! You're probably aware that HDL is the "good" kind and LDL is the "bad"? I wonder what do you test at when you're not on gear?

I'm of the opinion that cholesterol responds eventually to diet, at least I know it does for me. Mine was 180 during my cycle and 150 several months after. It's been as high as 210 but it totally depends on how much of a cholesterol/saturated fat nazi I am. So I wonder how careful you are with your diet?
    Yes the doctor briefly explained the good and bad numbers. But I think your probablly correct about my diet. The only way I can seem to get all the calories I need is by making high calorie drinks that I'm sure have all the wrong items such as almonds, peanut butter, flax oil, ice cream and what ever else I can find in the gargabe disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by SIRFREAK
    Yes I'm taking Nolvadez @ 20mg ED. Johnny, What, should I drop down 3 sust a week? Should I stop eating so much? The doctor also told me that my triglicerides were at 125, HDL was at 6 and LDL was at 232. The doctor really sounded puzzeld which is got me a little uneasy. As far as my history is concerned I have been using AS for 15 years but with little knowledge of proper doses or combinations. I wish I knew half of what most of you know now when I was younger. I appreciate you guys helping out senior citizens like myself.

Pheedno, is this policosinol an over the counter sup? Where can I find info on it?
    Bro that ratio of hdl to ldl is what has the doc wondering.

JohnnyB

tomp is offline Junior Member
    Get Policosanol fast! It is only thing that will work while on gear. Still need to watch trig. though....

Get it at VitaminShoppe . c o m

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie8
    Do I understand you to say that us older guys cannot handle as much gear as the younger guys. I always thought that it would be the opposite since our natural levels are dropping as we age. Is it just more difficult for our bodies to process the chemicals as we age or is it the hormone itself.
    What I'm saying is we can get the sides quicker, like cholesterol, bp so we need to go a bit slower then the younger Bros. when you get older thing don't heal as fast as they used to.

JohnnyB

Thread Information