Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Prop vs Ethanate

Ok i had a look before i posted this. Diddnt want to ask it if it had been asked before but couldnt find a post on it so here goes. A popular suggestion for a first cycle seems to be 500mg Test ethanate for 10 weeks . I was wondering, seeing as prop has a faster acting ester and is active way before ethanate. Would a 6 week prop cycle boast simmilar gains? Seeing as people find ethanate 'kicks' in on the 4th week. Ignoring the problem of more injections. Also what does everyone think of a 100mg eod cycle of prop considering thats 350mg a week. Just an idea here. Anyone got any ideas? And if you could give me actual scientific/practical reasons why this would or wouldnt be roccomended. Plz dont just say 'dont like it bro' or 'could be ok'. I wanna learn so i need stuff to work with.
    Thanks to anyone who can be bothered to explain or even post a link.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    If you can do the eod injection it'd be a good cycle I think 8 weeks would be better though.

JohnnyB

Fartdaemon is offline Member
    I beilive Prop converts to more test than enanthate does, I find I get better leans gains from prop comapred to enanthate.....I feel the reason for enanthate being reccomended for begineers is b/c it only requires 2 injections a week, and also beginners ussually like to bulk, and enanthate is better than prop for bulking. So just like johhny B said, if you can take the EOD injections and 8 week cycle 100mg/EOD will be a great starter.

Hope this helps,

FD

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Its a good idea. I am running 100mg of prop EOD, its my first cycle and I have gained 20 lbs. This is week 12 BTW. I am leaner too, and my face is not bloated at all so I know I have gained all muscle. Its a great first cylce imho

-MS

HollywoodM3 is offline Member
    Im thinking of adding to prop to my mix, what do you think
    wks 1-12 test eth 250mg 2wky
    wks 1-10 tren acet 100 mgeod
    wks 1-14 prop 100mg eod (3say up to PCT)
    wks 14-17 clomid/nolva
    wks 1-12 nolva 10mg

is this too much test, its not my first cycle, I did have d-bol for wks 1-4 but I think I would like to go with the prop, I have to do eod with tren anyways.
    any suggestions would be great.

HW
    Last edited by HollywoodM3; 02-05-2004 at 06:52 PM.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    prop is far better in the long run IMO.

i had to cut my last cycle short to 6 weeks, it was my first cycle and was 150mg eod of QV prop and i got about 11 pounds of solid muscle from it, i was very pleased, and my strength increased like hell. i would do atleast 8 weeks though, i was set up for a 10 weeker but had to stop since i was going away.

Personally, I think Prop loses it's comparison strength when you start talking EOD.
    To me, the difference in gains from EOD to ED is dramatic.
    Therefore, I don't think Prop has that much of an edge over Enanthate when ran EOD.
    However, (Again, to me), ED injects of Prop makes it the easy winner.
    But then I also don't think you can just dismiss the brutalness of ED injects on a Newbie, that will more than likely take 20 minutes to warm up to the idea of actually doing it.... I know I did on my first?
    I'm finishing up with Prop/Tren , and then just Prop right now, and I'm about as numb to injects as I can imagine anyone being, I mean I seriously don't give it any thought, but I'll tell ya right now if I'm bein' honest, I'm pretty freakin sore all over. After a month or so of ED Prop, and ED Tren, plus HCG ...I'd have to say I'm somewhat tired of it.....kinda miss those 2-3 shots per week thing right about now.......Wow 'member that?
    TSW

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Enth= twice a week
    Prop= Everyday...

Thanks for the feedback. There seems to be a slight differing of opinions on whether or not eod are practical, but there seems to be a concensus that prop is superior to ethanate.

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    I wouldnt say that its superior, its just two different esters. Over a long cycle, for example mine, enanthate and cypionate make more sense b/c I am on 16 weeks. If I used prop I would be so full of holes right now I'd be leaking. And I believe that ED prop injections give you more bang for your buck compared to EOD, but push it up 8 weeks if you choose prop and see how it works for you.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM03
    I wouldnt say that its superior, its just two different esters. Over a long cycle, for example mine, enanthate and cypionate make more sense b/c I am on 16 weeks. If I used prop I would be so full of holes right now I'd be leaking. And I believe that ED prop injections give you more bang for your buck compared to EOD, but push it up 8 weeks if you choose prop and see how it works for you.
    My last cycle was 16 weeks with ED injections............. it's not that bad....... and you guys are right ED injections are better than EOD with Prop. Doing the injections ED will keep your blood levels seady throughout the cycle and you will see better gains and you should see less sides.

Prime go at least 8 or 10 weeks at 75mg ED and you will be happy with the cycle with Prop

monkeyjuice is offline Member
    i guess it all depends on if you can handle ED injects or 2x a week injects?

your gonna see nice gains with both. I guess once you run both of them sperately, it comes down to a choice of personal preference. ya know

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Thanks for the feedback. There seems to be a slight differing of opinions on whether or not eod are practical, but there seems to be a concensus that prop is superior to ethanate.
    The reason we say ED injects are better, is because Propionate has a 27 hour half life, so ED is almost dead on perfect, EOD takes your blood levels on a quite a ride.
    TSW

BigSexy50 is offline Associate Member
    Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, but I thought my question fell right in line here. If doing a 16 week cycle with Prop as your Test how many injections sites do you recommend rotating if shooting ED ? I was thinking six (quads, glutes, shoulders). What is the concensus from the more experienced ??

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexy50
    Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, but I thought my question fell right in line here. If doing a 16 week cycle with Prop as your Test how many injections sites do you recommend rotating if shooting ED ? I was thinking six (quads, glutes, shoulders). What is the concensus from the more experienced ??
    Six will work......... I try to hit each site only once every 7 days

Cheers guys thats food for thought and the 27 hour half life explains why youre reccomending ed injections. And i wasnt suggesting that one test is 'better' then another, rather that they are better suited to different purposes. Eg prop seems to be better for shorter cycles while ethanete may be just as useful on the longer ones maybe even 'better' if you dont want to get stuck over 105 times.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it's just me but I'm on QV Prop just starting week five and I my lifts only started going up week four. Seems to be taking a long time to kick in for me.

You might want to keep that in mind if you're only planning a 6-weeker. I'm doing it every 36 hrs, 100mg, so I'm splitting the ED/EOD difference.

m1514 is offline Junior Member
    Im on QV prop and enan right now, and after reading this I do believe I will switch to ed prop injections. My question is do u guys use 1" needles for quads and shoulders or 1.5"? I will need more injection sites for the ed injections.

kahn is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, i'm on a 150mg eod prop cycle right now, and after reading this, i think that i'm going to start injecting ed as well. Thanx for the great info!

Thread Information