whs
    whs is offline Junior Member

training on cycle

ive seen training programs posted on here they recomend only a few sets of each body part and 1 day on 1 day off i thought while on a cycle your body recover faster so would'nt it be better to lift harder and more often?

sust1981 is offline New Member
    yea bro, i would train 2 body parts twice a day, go hard

whs
    wea i go hard every day i dont get when people are only in the gym for 45 minutes im there for 2 hours and feel great but all i ever hear is how 2 hours is to long and im overtraing.

i train now for over an hr and not taking anything...when im on the **** i nebver take off....completely diff when ur on the ****

whs
    thanks man i just wanted to make sure i was'nt the only one who thought like that.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Horrible advice. Overtraining while on will still happen. Train two body parts twice a day? Are you kidding me? I spend 4-5 hours a WEEK in the gym and im "on" year round.

u only do 1 body part once a week??? everyones body is different

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yes, and im usually in and out of the gym in 50-55 minutes. Remember, the body doesn't grow in the gym, it grows while it recovers. Let your muscles recover for better growth.

whs
    when you look at arnold schwarzeneggers work out plans he recamends training each body part twice a week

BDTR is offline Retired
    Arnold also had probably the greatest genetics of all time for body building and was a genetic mesomorph.

9i def agree with u that muscles grow outside of gym.....i used to train 1 body part a day and once a week but feel i get a better pump all week when doing it twice a week, i dont do complete workouts either

whs
    yea but all i here is overtraining but i dont feel like it is happening to me i make gain i still feel sore the next day i get good sleep im not run down and push my normal work outs to the max even when im not on cycle

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Training and techniques have changed since Arnies day. I used to follow Arnies routines and loved them, Now I go in for 45-60 mins 1 body part/day 4-8 reps 4sets and have made leaps and bounds

like i said, everyones body is diff....i know guys who train twice a day....listen to your body, if its tired rest it, if its hungry, feed it, if it can take more then by all means blast it harder

whs
    how many total set for each part i do from 24 to 30 set each part

i do 3-4 exercises for each poart and 3-4 sets

BDTR is offline Retired
    16 for big body parts
    8 for small body parts

Keep in mind, this is what works best for me and has got me to almost 280 lbs so its working great for me

yea thats about right , i usually do 14-16 for big abd about 9 for small...bdtr, can u take a look at my shoulder post, seems like u know a great deal...thanks

Ben Lifton is offline Associate Member
    whs,
    bdtr has given you the key to growth. 16 for big body parts
    8 for small body parts and getting out of the gym under 60mins. Like he said, you will only grow out of the gym. The 2x a day thing besides muscle breakdown, you have nervous system taking a beating also. Watch the guys that train 2x day for a period of time... they pretty much look the same. Many years ago I did 2x/day and never saw the other side of 220lbs.... Pretty much doing what bdtr suggested to I was up to 270lbs in about a year. Thats worked well for me....

good luck

whs
    is there any true way to tell if you are over training ive read the symptoms and dont feel i have them but if lifting less will do me better i will it just feels like the more i do the better i feel

maybe i just turned over a new leaf and will do 1 part a day, but when im on the **** i feel as if i can do it agin so quickly

whs
    thanks for all the advise

Ben Lifton is offline Associate Member
    SG summed it up "WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER..." Put some brains behind what you do in the gym. Don't just do what "Muscle and Fiction" tells you.... I have a few Bro's that pay their bills by doing this stuff and what they write in the mags about their training routine is .... is NOT what they do.... some call it misinformation.... they call it a form of job security...

Thread Information