NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned

How long for finasteride effects to show?

I've started my first cycle of 400mg test enan. I took my third shot just a few days ago. Today in the shower I was shampooing with Nizoral 2% when I noticed a crapload of hair on my sud-covered hands. As soon as I noticed the hair I popped out of the shower and took down 2.5mg of finasteride.

I've been freaking out over this for a bit, I took a white sheet and started waving my hands through my hair and I keep seeing hairs fall out. It'll be a bitch if it doesn't grow back postcycle and I keep losing my hair at the age of 19. But I guess that's the risk I took when I started dabbling in AS.

Does anyone know how long finasteride takes to kickin? When should I notice my hair stop falling out? I'm planning to take 1.25mg finasteride ed and shampoo with 2% Nizoral ed and see how my hair reacts. I might have to cut this cycle short if it gets too bad :/

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    How the hell are you losing your hair. What other AS have you done. I started when i was 19 and never had the problem. I am currently doing test E and have no problems whatsoever. Just curious on how you are losing your hair at 19.

toolman is offline Banned
    First bro, you shouldn't be juicing at 19.

If your mom's dad or other males in her family are bald, there is not alot you can do. You are genetically predisposed to it and the AAS use is bringing it on early.

Ju-tang is offline Junior Member
    It started to kick in for me about 2-3 months after I started.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Hell, i was the kid who had a full beard in the 7th grade. i started to lose my hair when i was 17...i feel your pain. With finasteride, imo i think it takes at least 4months to see any results.

My grandfather on my mom's side has a full head of hair right now at the age of 97. My dad however is balding. I wasn't loosing any hair until I hit up the test, and I don't think I'll continue losing hair once I stop. However, having the hair growing back is a different issue.

I'll continue to shampoo with Nizoral 2% and keep taking finasteride, see if that slows it down abit in the next week. Has anyone tried taking Revivogen before or know of any other hair protection products that work fast when on AS?

It'll be a shame to stop my cycle after only 3 shots. The only thing that's happend so far is my natural test has shut down, no real gains. But then again I don't want to continue shedding my hair like a dog.

So disappointing... :/

LebaneseMuscle is offline Junior Member
    956, i thought i was the only one. I've always had thin hair and its been falling out bad since i was 16. I've got a relative go completely bald at 19 . I'm 20 now and s#it aint looking good for me at all. Will the finasteride just stop the falling out of hair, or could it actually regrow for u?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LebaneseMuscle
    956, i thought i was the only one. I've always had thin hair and its been falling out bad since i was 16. I've got a relative go completely bald at 19 . I'm 20 now and s#it aint looking good for me at all. Will the finasteride just stop the falling out of hair, or could it actually regrow for u?
    dont count on it regrowing anything. hopefully itll slow or stop it. Ive had good luck with it stopping my hairloss. (and a transplant didnt hurt my situation either )

I've heard Dutasteride works if the follical or whatever hasn't scarred over.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    dont count on it regrowing anything. hopefully itll slow or stop it. Ive had good luck with it stopping my hairloss. (and a transplant didnt hurt my situation either )
    Guys...hair is highly overrated. I hate going to the barber every few weeks. Its a waste of time and money. Besides, we all get old and ugly eventually hair should be the least of your worries.

It is if you're married but I don't think most girls go for the bald "Mr.Clean" look.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Guys...hair is highly overrated. I hate going to the barber every few weeks. Its a waste of time and money. Besides, we all get old and ugly eventually hair should be the least of your worries.
    Hey, if you can pull it off, all the more power to ya I sure as hell cant, id be one ugly focker w/o hair

MachZ is offline Member
    Keep up the Nizoral shampoo 2x's ED but the finasteride will take at least 3 months before it starts working.

So I guess I can conclude that having finasteride if hairloss occurs during my cycle is a crappy idea? I was under the impression that you could throw it in 2 weeks after your cycle started and keep it going ED until 2 weeks after your last shot and it would keep hairloss down.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Hey, if you can pull it off, all the more power to ya I sure as hell cant, id be one ugly focker w/o hair
    No, I can't pull it off...But as I am married with kids, I have achieved biological success and procreated. Now as an older guy we have different rules...as long as your income is higher than your level of looks, your safe.

helios is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEED2BEHUGE
    So I guess I can conclude that having finasteride if hairloss occurs during my cycle is a crappy idea? I was under the impression that you could throw it in 2 weeks after your cycle started and keep it going ED until 2 weeks after your last shot and it would keep hairloss down.
    I would say definetly continue with it. You probably are not going to see any results with the finesteride during your cycle. Keep taking it for another 4 months and see if its worth it. It is too early to conclude if it is working for you or not. Good luck

-Helios

Well before I started this cycle I didn't have any hairloss occuring, so I'm guessing after I stop and my test levels return back to normal, no more hair's going to fall out so I won't need finasteride. The bad thing is that the hairs that are falling out are falling out in random places, not just at the front, so I don't think I can really check to see if they're growing back in again once I was to finish this cycle. I was prepared for some hairloss, but not this much at such a conservative dosage of test.

Having said that, I think it's best if I were to just stop the cycle cold right now and go straight to PCT. Then monitor my hair afterwards to see if any continue to fall out, and I guess check to see if the thickness goes back to what it was in about 4 or 5 months before I decide to cycle again.

Thanks for all the help to the people that posted.

GRIPS is offline Associate Member
    it take at least a month just to take effect

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Bro, I'd stay on the finasteride for at least 4 months post cycle. Lot's of guys start losing their hair at 19 w/o any help from the juice so don't worry you aren't alone. It sounds like you are prone to MPB so you might be looking at using finasteride long term. No big deal on that either since it will help you keep your hair and helps your prostate. If you think you are ok 4 months post cycle then drop the finasteride and see how your hair responds.

Peace,

CC

theflatline is offline New Member
    Bros,

34 years old and have been doing the Mr. Clean look for 3 months now. I always had a mop, starting thinning early 20s, but had a lot of hair until 30, then went the the cesar. Then decided the comb over was imminent, so I Mr. Cleaned it. I wasnt going out trying to make do with what hair I have.

And I tell you what. I look a lot younger. I get carded all the time now. And the women do not seem to mind. I actually was picked up on by an 18 year old last weekend.

Girls dig conifidence. note I said confidence, not arrogance. So if you have a good build, confidence. Do not sweat the hair.

Theflatline

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Hair is overrated, I have a had a "high and tight" cut since I was two yrs old, so my hair never gets longer than a 1/2 on top, and stubble on the sides. hoo yahh. So my point is just buzz it. But I am so good looking anyway it doesnt matter how I wear my hair.

Derek Zoolander

GRIPS is offline Associate Member
    TRY THE combo propecia and rogain it works wonders but you have to continue to use this product for EVER or you hair will return to thinning. Chick dig hair

Thread Information