Thread: Steroid Abuse??

big swoll is offline Member

Steroid Abuse??

what do you guys consider steroid abuse ....i believe that it is like any other drug, it can be used safely, misused, and abused...what do you guys think the limits are on safe steroid use ....i know every one is different, and that some guys here have taken up to 3 grams a week of test ( BDTR )....or do you guys even think that people on this board are abusing steroids at all...just a topic that ive been wondering about for a while....i personally think that, for example, 2 grams a week of test is abusing it...and by the way if you do that much, i am not trying to insult you, or tell you that you are doing something wrong, or trying to be your Mom so dont start flaming me

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    good thread, im curious to see what people say..

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    I think steroid abuse is the people who are "getting ready" for spring break and want to use or actually abuse steroids to help them along. These people have no idea what they are buying if someone considers it a "steroid " the spring breaker will jump all over it regardless of what it is. If they think they can add 5 pounds of muscle or lose some ab fat they are all about it. If there are some users of steroids that absolutely need 3 grams of test per week to grow i.e. professional body builders then they aren't abusing just doing what it takes to stay in the game. Thats just my 2 cents please don't flame.

big swoll is offline Member
    ChefJ.....i understand exactly what you're saying about having to take that much anabolics to still make gains and grow, but by abuse i am saying that you are hurting your body....i agree that pro bb's may be taking 3g's a week...and they may have to take that much to still gro.....i agree with ya there, but dont ya think that you are screwing up your body by abusing those drugs.....there is always the argument that you can use hcg and clomid and all of that stuff, but common, there has got to be a point where you are doing yourself more harm than good....am i making sense?

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big swoll
    ChefJ.....i understand exactly what you're saying about having to take that much anabolics to still make gains and grow, but by abuse i am saying that you are hurting your body....i agree that pro bb's may be taking 3g's a week...and they may have to take that much to still gro.....i agree with ya there, but dont ya think that you are screwing up your body by abusing those drugs.....there is always the argument that you can use hcg and clomid and all of that stuff, but common, there has got to be a point where you are doing yourself more harm than good....am i making sense?
    bro i know what you mean...

Yeah I understand what you are saying I do not think that 3 grams of test per week is ever "required" to grow you can grow naturally and you only produce around 50mg a week of natural test and that never all actually makes it to receptor sites. So yes I think anyone who goes on and then does proper PCT and goes back on can probably use between 500mg and 1g of test for their entire lives and still make consistent gains anything more is overkill or for people who have less patience and like stretch marks lol.

BUMP for any input

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    personally i think i abuse steroids . there is no real reason for me to be using them. but several why i shouldnt. yet i still continue to use them.and while im sitting here eating clomid and nolvies everyday i have my next cycle here waiting, calling...

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    valentino... steroid abuse .

chipper22 is offline Junior Member
    bump for this thread!! i would like to hear what other people say about this?? also is there a reason to continue roids(for years and years) can you get to a point and maintain it or maybe grow natural a little after you are satisfied??

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Well, having a medical condition and determining that the rewards FAR outweigh the risks, I don't feel I'm abusing AAS per se. But I will use the hell out of them.

Personally I don't see the demons associated with most AAS, it's overblown paranoia and media hype. I can definitely see the risks exceeding the rewards if you are very young and healthy, or taking an amount that would make a pro shudder. Our bodies are the only ones we have, and each person needs to make thier individual choice of whether he is doing himself harm or good.

-LH

how young is very young??

Quote Originally Posted by chipper22
    how young is very young??
    It depends on the person, but I would say less than 20 should DEFINITELY think hard before using. there are too many systems in your body that are still forming and a person this young could mess themselves up for life. Let me tell you from first hand experience, a messed up hpta is something you don't want.

And I'd say anyone under 25 is taking a serious risk. But then take that with a grain of salt, I'm 37.

-LH

what is hpta and how much juice did you take??

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    It depends on the person, but I would say less than 20 should DEFINITELY think hard before using. there are too many systems in your body that are still forming and a person this young could mess themselves up for life. Let me tell you from first hand experience, a messed up hpta is something you don't want.

And I'd say anyone under 25 is taking a serious risk. But then take that with a grain of salt, I'm 37.

-LH
    how old were you when you started takin juice and did you do proper pct??
    also did you do your research and do things to counter side effects like milk thistle, glucasamine, you see i am a really big 19 year old... about to be 20 and want to take 6 weeks of test and 6 weeks of winstrol ... (same time) what do you think that will affect in my body?? any advice could be great i know you dont think i should do it, but say if i did what will that do to me

I am 37 and only started using AAS seriously recently. I did all of my research, asked every question I could not find the answer to, and proceeded with caution. I am not really the one to answer your question, my first hand experience is limited, but growing daily.

As for PCT I'll let you know

I take 20mg of nolva ed as a preventative measure. So far, I couldn't be happier.

At 19 years old your htpa is still forming. This is the glandular axis that controls the hormonal functions in your body (it's more complicated than that, but that's all you really need to know for now). You could still be growing, and AAS could close your growth plates. This of course may be of no concern.

My endocrine system is hosed due to genetic illness, lupus to be exact. Whether from the lupus itself or the vast array of medications I've taken over the years, I have the test levels of a 90 year old woman naturally. My stuff just don't work.

There is really no need for AAS at 19, your natural levels are elevated as it is. AAS aren't a miracle drug to get you in shape quick, it just doesn't work that way. In your case, it SOUNDS like the risk would outweigh the benefits. Others might be a bit more blunt about it, I'm being real here.

At 19 if you bust your ass in the gym, eat right and do some cardio, winny and test simply aren't necessary. Later on in life you may see a greater benefit when your natural systems go south (and they will, it's a question of how much). But now, it's simply not needed. All that's needed at 19 is dedication and hard work. You're not competing or anything right? So no, I don't see the advantage to it right now.

But take that as you will, it's good advise whether you take it or not. We all make better decisions as we get older, it's part of living. Like now, you could look at yourself 10 years ago and think "if I knew then what I know now". It's the same thing at 30 something looking back at 19 bro. It's just experience with making informed decisions.

I hope that didn't come across as anything but helpful, I don't know you and certainly don't want to seem as if I'm talking down, that's not my intent at all. Just trying to give you insight bro, I hope you get something from it whatever it is. Even if it's "LH is a jackass". LOL

-LH

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    chipper...there will be 19 year olds who juice. Some will have negatives, some will have none. There are going to be some people who are completely matured by 18, others may be 25. Its kinda hard to know just by how you look or feel...that is why many say it is just safer and smarter to wait.

Also...a six week cycle only. Some test takes 3 weeks to have any effect. Just make sure that you know what you are doing if you do decide to do a cycle in order to make sure your risks for side effects are as minimul as possible.

Bevo is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=ChefJ]I think steroid abuse is the people who are "getting ready" for spring break and want to use or actually abuse steroids to help them along. These people have no idea what they are buying if someone considers it a "steroid " the spring breaker will jump all over it regardless of what it is. If they think they can add 5 pounds of muscle or lose some ab fat they are all about it. QUOTE]

so i guess everyone who runs a cycle leading into spring break or summer doesn't do research and takes everything given to them...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you don't think you will ever compete... then just use androgens as a training aid - much like a multi vitamin Just don't over do it and become destructive and deffinitly never, ever ignore major health issues.

If a bodybuilder has genetics like Flex Wheeler or Ronnie Coleman... then large doses more justifiable IMO - but a doctors supervision should be mandatory. You should never stop considering your health. No amount of drugs will give a bodybuilder the body to stand up as a heavyweight pro ripped to shreads someday... either you have it or you don't... and the genes from Mom and Dad are really the bottomline - especially in bodybuilding where it isn't just how much mass you can obtain but basically how well it is defined, proportioned, shaped and displayed on your frame...

You can go a long way using under a gram of TOTAL androgen use with a sound training, diet and rest routine... these are powerful little hormones... but with that said, I think using them in a nondestructive and educated manner, where health concerns remain priority, is not drug abuse.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think that there is a limit so to speak on what is considered steroid abuse . But, I do think that people that use them uneducated and unaware of the consequences that can come if used wrong, will most likely be the ones that will abuse.

thanx for the post that helps alot.. but do you think 6 weeks will do alot of harm/ and i am doing it for photo shoot/ also 1st competition this summer. i am 6' 215 12% body fat

To me steroids abuse is the people who run ridiculous "cycles" with poor research and little idea of the short and long term side effects.

You know what I mean, we see dozens of posts from those people here every day... "deca only", "dbol only", "4 week", "I'm 17 years old blah blah..." cycles...

That in my book is the worst abuse and what gives responsible users a bad name when those people get hurt...

Red

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big swoll
    but by abuse i am saying that you are hurting your body
    I don't necessarily consider hurting your body as the only criteria for abuse, because any use at all has the ability to damage your body. What I consider to be abuse is those who are taking steroids without any knowledge to back up their use. They just inject into their body whatever compound they can get their hands on without knowing what they are doing.

[QUOTE=Bevo]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    I think steroid abuse is the people who are "getting ready" for spring break and want to use or actually abuse steroids to help them along. These people have no idea what they are buying if someone considers it a "steroid " the spring breaker will jump all over it regardless of what it is. If they think they can add 5 pounds of muscle or lose some ab fat they are all about it. QUOTE]

so i guess everyone who runs a cycle leading into spring break or summer doesn't do research and takes everything given to them...
    The people who do one cycle a year for 5 weeks usually consisting of beta agonists and clen or cutters. These are the people who abuse their purposes. They don't know how to properly cycle and have no idea what the substances are actually doing inside their bodies. They just think that they are ggaining muscle and losing fat

Thread Information