timmz11 is offline Junior Member

sleeping aids???

hey guys...

here's a question for ya....i done a small search on it..i will admit i didnt take too much time in my search...but i thought i would leave this new thread open before bed....and check it tom...see what i've came up with..

neways...on task....
    its not really that i have trouble sleeping now..but it takes me a while before i get tired and go to bed....sometimes im up till 2-4 am....and back up at 8 am doin cardio.....so im not getttin all the rest i need....and i was wondering if you all knew of any supplement or over the counter drug i could get that would help me to rest a lil bit...i deffinately dont want anything addictive!..
    and i must also mention..that in about a month..i plan on starting my first cycle...so i deffinately wanna get my rest while on my cycle...and need a drug that is safe while on JUICE!

let me know if u know anything guys...thanx

timmz

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    bro i have used regular over the counter tylenol PM and it helps a bit im the same way as you... I dont find my self getting addicted to it but i dont know about taking it while on a cycle

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Antihistamines work good and are nonhabit forming (just don't get any of the "day time" type allergy meds cause they are obviously made to be less of a sedative). There are some pretty tame presciption options too - but basic stuff like OTC Benedryl helps to bog you down and put the lights out pretty well...

I have found Melatonin helps you sleep harder - I have had some really vivid dreams after taking it before...

Symian is offline Member
    I used to take a lot of tylenol PM, and it was hit or miss, and sometimes made it hard to get up in the morning. Melatonin worked pretty good too. But these are my experiences, and may be different for you.

Sym

Paranoid is offline Associate Member
    My presonal favorite sleeping aid is GHB, one of the few agents that actually mimics your natural sleep cycle. However, since we are talking about OTC, I would say pick up some Diphenhydramine. Its an anti-histamine and its also the ingredient in Tylenol PM that helps people sleep. BTW, all of you guys who are using Tylenol PM to sleep, just pick up some Diphenhydramine, and forgo the Acetaminophen since it can be potentionally hepatoxic.

bro i dont use anything OTC anymore to go to sleep, i just smoke a fat blunt it usually does the trick but I ran out... maybe thats why im posting at 4 in the morning

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Drink Scotch

scotch? man screw scotch if u want something good go with cognac and courvosier cant spell it usually i read the bottle after i drink a few shots...

blanket is offline Junior Member
    weed helps too , Im seriouse !

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    weed helps too , Im seriouse !
    You better watch out! Weed is a gateway drug .

Sym

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    Drink Scotch
    hahaha

dude, get yourself some melatonin, it really helps you sleep, it's the active ingredient in all those expensive otc all natural sleep aides, you can buy it on it's own for like a quarter of the price, check out all sports nutrition, they probably have it

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    One 10mg valium works for me when I can't sleep

and leaves me feeling great the next day with no

drug hangover feeling...

L-Trytophan worked great when it was still

available way back when... ****ing FDA...

Melatonin is the worst thing ever bro...

Leaves me with a drug type of hangover the

next morning for 2-3 hours and usually gives

me a headache until noon the next day...

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    hahaha

dude, get yourself some melatonin, it really helps you sleep, it's the active ingredient in all those expensive otc all natural sleep aides, you can buy it on it's own for like a quarter of the price, check out all sports nutrition, they probably have it

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    otc- just get a tylenol pm.. i have had the same problem and use them all the time- nearly everyday... ohhh you said non-habit forming? well, i have an addictive personality.lol

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Melatonin is the worst thing ever bro...

Leaves me with a drug type of hangover the

next morning for 2-3 hours and usually gives

me a headache until noon the next day...
    that's weird, never heard that before, i use it w/ no problem at all, everybody's different i guess

simplyjakked is offline Member
    i use melatonin to with great results. take 6mgs right before bed and you will be knockedout within an hour!

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Benadryl zonks me out like no other, I swear its like Will Ferrel in that movie Old School when he shoots himself in the neck with that Tranq dart.....

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I have went through just about all sleeping aides. Benadryl works but gives you that drowsy feeling when you wake upp. Melatonin works good for me but only at high doses. I use Ambien about twice a week, it's a prescription and I only use it when I can get 6-8 hrs. But you have to careful when using the ambien it is habit forming, but like I said I use it at tops twice a week.

slamd097 is offline Banned
    I have taken on a regular basis pills. I have to..I have a metabolism that dosen't slow down. I have to take perscription pills that knock me on my ass!!

Yeah that's true, everyone is different...

Melatonin for me is the worst thing I've ever taken
    for side effects the next day... Go figure it's legal
    and easily available and I can't take it...

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    that's weird, never heard that before, i use it w/ no problem at all, everybody's different i guess

Valerian Root and a shot of nyquil. Zonks me out every time, it's what I use when I fly overnights ot the UK.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    You better watch out! Weed is a gateway drug .

Sym
    The only thing weed leads to is junk food... no it is i have to admit but it was my choice to do other drugs... but for some reason i always went back to mary jane its my poison..

I use to get some pills I dont know the precription name but they are called ZANI bars... man if you take a few of those you get woozy, but when u lay down your out like a light bulb i gaurantee those will work no problem for anyone...I guess they are really strong but i dunno people usually take them for other purposes than to sleep...

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    A few guys got it dead on. I have what is known as Gilberts syndrome so I am tired all of the time. But I take in around 100mgs of ephedrine everyday to counter this, so at night its sometimes hard to fall asleep. My suggestion and I can almost guarantee this will work. Go to GNC and buy a bottle of melatonin3 and a bottle of magnesium100 take 2 of the melatonins and one of the magnesiums and wait about one half of an hour and then you had better be in or near your bed because its nite nite time. Just my $.02

Bevo is offline Junior Member
    Zani bars...you're probably thinking of xanex (prescription)...i have to used meltonin and OTC sleep aids nightly to even get in bad by 4 am...good advice i should have listened to long ago: Don't use the sleep aids on a regular basis or you will get to where you can't sleep w/o them...I can;t fall asleep w/o melatonin and sleep aid now...fall asleep ok but makes it hard as **** to get out of bed the next day...

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Gravol
    2 tabs and I'm OUT in 15 minutes. Not to mention I sleep for about 10 hours non-stop when I take 2 of them. I think I may be addicted.

wallycn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Gravol
    2 tabs and I'm OUT in 15 minutes. Not to mention I sleep for about 10 hours non-stop when I take 2 of them. I think I may be addicted.
    xanax, and I'm for real. You get some quality rest.

HollywoodM3 is offline Member
    ZMA,
    never sleep with out it

HW

yeah i think it is xanex i just know them by their street name...i think they are prescription sleep aids, or am i wrong but either way like i said i smoke a blunt the weed usually does the trick when im coming down at night time.

Thread Information