njk
    njk is offline Associate Member

jintropin questions, please help

i have 2 questions when using jintropin: 10 vials=100 iu
    question 1 : i want to take 4 iu a day 2 iu in morning and at night , but what are 2 iu equal to on my insulin neeedle? my insulin needle is measured in units, 50 total and they are in incriments of 5 , so how many units are equal to 2 iu of jintropin?
    question 2 : can anyone tell me if the water that comes with the jintropin kit is ok to use, and if not if i do use ba water i would have to use 1 ml= 1 cc per vial, just wanted to know if i am thinking right.
    thanks for all answers

GATOR_98 is offline Associate Member
    To answer you....concentration of GH depends on how much water you want to mix with it. Assume you mix 100 iu of water(1 cc) with 10 iu of GH powder......you now have a concentration of .1iu(GH)/1iu(water)....therfore, to get 2 iu(GH you have to pull 20 iu(mixed solution) on the insulin needle. As a check take 100 iu(solution) divided by 20 iu(shot) = 5 shots right. So you 10 iu(powder) divided by 5 shots = 2 iu per shot!

If you don't plan to use all 10 iu within 24 hours or so......don't mix with the water they give you. Get some BAc water it will hold it longer.

njk

still need help

my siringes are in units, so 2 iu is equal to how many units on a 50 unit siringe, thanks for all help. an iu= how many units in the needle?

GATOR_98 is offline Associate Member
    If your slin needle reads in 5 unit increments up to 50 units(iu) then once you mix
    100 units of water(1 cc, or 2 full insulin syringes you have) with the powder....every time you want to inject 2 iu of GH you have to pull 20 units(iu) on your syringe.
    A 50 unit syringe means 50 iu it's the same. It's a volume calibration. However, The conversion for powder is like this 1 mg = 2.7 iu. Thats why on the serono kits(serostim) they say 18 iu or 6mg. They round it to equal 1mg = 3iu.

njk
    thanks for all your help

Thread Information