BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

PO Boxes...how safe are they really???

Well, i will be ordering my "package" internationally. I was wondering how important a PO box really is. It seems to me that it really wouldnt be any safer than sending it to my home. If the cops do decide to come after that order and ME, wouldnt they still be able to do that even if i had a PO box. What is the extra security?

and how much do they usually cost?

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    around me they cost about $60 for two or three months, and thats usually the minimum period allowed to rent.

hope that helps.

panabolic is offline Associate Member
    bro, you could always open a po box w/ fake id and/or a company name, that would definately give you another level of security.

to bad the fake id has my info on it...****. How would you do the whole business company thing work

decadbal is offline Banned
    with any illegal substance, youd have to either possess it, or sign for it, so they are just as safe as your house.....but they are just as dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    to bad the fake id has my info on it...****. How would you do the whole business company thing work
    I just went to the post office and told them I needed a po box for my business mailings, they never asked for id so I just set it up Check to see if they need any company id to open a pobox for a company - all they cared about is how I was going to pay for the rental of the pobox, cash of course. Also when you go to visit the poffice, be sure to look the part, I went wearing dress clothes sounds silly but appearances and first impression to people makes a huge difference also be really casual about it , like you only need it for a few months or something and ask about other options like mail forwarding for example.
    Last edited by panabolic; 02-12-2004 at 09:45 AM.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panabolic
    I just went to the post office and told them I needed a po box for my business mailings, they never asked for id so I just set it up Check to see if they need any company id to open a pobox for a company - all they cared about is how I was going to pay for the rental of the pobox, cash of course. Also when you go to visit the poffice, be sure to look the part, I went wearing dress clothes sounds silly but appearances and first impression to people makes a huge difference also be really casual about it , like you only need it for a few months or something and ask about other options like mail forwarding for example.
    Well just becareful if you're in a metropolitain area where MANY people have used your PO Box before you. I'm glad that I never had any AS sent to my PO box because it had previously been flagged for illegal activity by a former user. Apparently the "flag" stays with the box even after a new person rents it.

One of the HR people shared my full background check with me once I started working at my new job. I had asked about it because I was curious what kind of infomration typically shows up on the reports. It turns out that it mentioned that my PO box was flagged for illegal activity.

I've never done anything illegal with my box. In fact I use it primarily for junk mail and important things that need to reach me anytime I move. So be careful.

lifesabitch is offline Associate Member
    I never thought of that. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Well just becareful if you're in a metropolitain area where MANY people have used your PO Box before you. I'm glad that I never had any AS sent to my PO box because it had previously been flagged for illegal activity by a former user. Apparently the "flag" stays with the box even after a new person rents it.

One of the HR people shared my full background check with me once I started working at my new job. I had asked about it because I was curious what kind of infomration typically shows up on the reports. It turns out that it mentioned that my PO box was flagged for illegal activity.

I've never done anything illegal with my box. In fact I use it primarily for junk mail and important things that need to reach me anytime I move. So be careful.

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    bump, good thread

So you guys are saying as long as you don't sign for AS coming to your house your not liable? Sounds to good to be true. So that means I can order away have it sent to my house and have nothing to worry about as long as I'm paying by some untracable means?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifesabitch
    I never thought of that. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

151 is offline Associate Member
    I recently took out a new PO Box in a nearby town and they asked me for 2 forms of ID and wanted 2 forms of ID for anyone else who would be getting mail at that address. But I don't see how they could monitor that too closely with all the mail they would handle in a day. Anyway, It only cost 24 bucks for 6 months. I got another box just because I like to split up the shipments and get them sent to different addresses.

I also have a box in my hometown. I've had it for several years now and I don't ever recall showing any kind of ID when I got it. It's up to a whopping $20 per year now (was $12 a year when I first got it).

chipper22 is offline Junior Member
    what about anti estrogens ---can you have them sent to your home safely??? is there anything illegal about this??

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    No there is nothing illegal about those products

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Those are a research product. Why what do you do with yours........

chipper22 is offline Junior Member
    i need someone to guide me on getting anti estrogens of the web if anyone could help me w/ the safest way... please let me know. thanx bro's

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Anyone sucessfully used a fake id for a PO box?

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Anyone sucessfully used a fake id for a PO box?
    If you can get fake id use it, Im sure alot of bros out there used to use fake ids to get in to the clubs when they were young, why not use it for something a little more useful. yes.

jbol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chipper22
    i need someone to guide me on getting anti estrogens of the web if anyone could help me w/ the safest way... please let me know. thanx bro's

you find a legit site and place an order............simple really

Quote Originally Posted by mcnst01
    bump, good thread

So you guys are saying as long as you don't sign for AS coming to your house your not liable? Sounds to good to be true. So that means I can order away have it sent to my house and have nothing to worry about as long as I'm paying by some untracable means?

Thanks
    It depends on what state you're in. If the postman leaves a box on your doorstep, then it's on your property and can be (by law) considered yours. There's something called an absolute possession law (or something similar) that some states have, which gives the state the ability to prosecute you merely for having the stuff in your possession or on your property--in other words, you could get prosecuted for your roommate's stuff or anything left on your doorstep which reasonably links you the package.

There was a thread floating around about this about a year ago. The thread mentioned why it's useless (in some states) writing "Return to sender" on a package and leaving it unopened for a few days to make sure the Feds aren't watching. Under absolute posession laws, that package could be considered yours.

Quote Originally Posted by panabolic
    If you can get fake id use it, Im sure alot of bros out there used to use fake ids to get in to the clubs when they were young, why not use it for something a little more useful. yes.
    One more thing, unless this has changed because of privitization issues regarding post offices, any crime committed in or on the property of a US Post Office can be tried as a Federal Offense.

Techinically, if you steal a tape dispenser, you could be tried at the federal courts.

I don't recommend getting a PO Box with a fake ID. If you were to try to use a fake ID, you would be begging to get caught.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 02-12-2004 at 09:22 PM.

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    Here is a good article I read on this http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par14.htm

also check out the book Legal Muscle by rick collins

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    One more thing, unless this has changed because of privitization issues regarding post offices, any crime committed in or on the property of a US Post Office can be tried as a Federal Offense.

Techinically, if you steal a tape dispenser, you could be tried at the federal courts.

I don't recommend getting a PO Box with a fake ID. If you were to try to use a fake ID, you would be begging to get caught.
    What about a PO box at a place like the UPS store?

Symian is offline Member
    Thinking the same thing. I have a PO box at a mail room. You can't have UPS or FedEX go to USPS boxes, but they will sign for my stuff at my mail room.

Sym

As far as I know, it's easy to use a fake ID at a place like Mailboxes Etc (now called UPS Store). I don't think it's a federal offense to use a fake ID in a store like that...But, I'm not sure.

Thread Information