jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!

experiences with T3

So lately there has been a few posts about T3. Enough so that some of the members have even posted some informational posts. well, in my own situation, a friend of mine with FMS has decided to experiment with T3 to feel better. Here is some info as to what she has gone through. I will periodically update this with info to let you know how it goes.

At first she ramped up to 125 mcg/day in 3 doses. Well she started showing all the classic signs of overdosing that most on here know... racing heart, sweating, fever, but also some others that are common, but you may not realize.... menstrual irregularities, increased bowel movements, and insomnia. Another that we noticed it extremely high blood sugar. She happens to be hypoglycemic and so took her B.S. and it came out around 300 (she usually runs around 70). now, I did some searching and it turns out that for hypothyroid diabetics, the manufacturer of Cytomel cautions that the T3 may increase the required insulin needed due to increased blood sugar. Interesting, no? Keep this in mind when using T3.

What all this means is that she starting feeling too bad and it was affecting gym performance. She has since reduced the dosage to 100mcg/day in 3 doses. We'll see how this goes.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    125 mcg is a big dose for a girl. how much does she weigh? i wouldn't recommend above 75mcg as the sides can increase dramatically above this dose in a small person.

don't you know never ask a lady her weight or age... j/k well you're right its a big dose. we picked that amount as the research has indicated that it was the average amount to make FMS patients feel "normal". While not saying her exact weight, she is not exactly a waif either.

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffylyte
    don't you know never ask a lady her weight or age... j/k well you're right its a big dose. we picked that amount as the research has indicated that it was the average amount to make FMS patients feel "normal". While not saying her exact weight, she is not exactly a waif either.

oops, forgot. did you start at a low dose? i would start low and slowly ramp up if this is the first time taking.
    cheers
    -sin

yep she ramped up in 25mcg batches. the sides took about a week to be at full force however.

I am mainly just using this as a informative thread to let others know about T3 experiences. There has been much discussion from a technical POV lately, but not much experimental discussion. I also remember somebody asking about experiences, so I figured Id let some people know. Expecially such things as blood sugar issues and such that arent widely known.

I figure this might also help those with FMS or women who might be thinking of trying T3.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    125 mcg is a big dose for a girl. how much does she weigh? i wouldn't recommend above 75mcg as the sides can increase dramatically above this dose in a small person.

I dont think size has anything to do with it at all, dosages can be determined
    by how the thyroid is working and only way to tell that is a tsh level blood work which I get regularly and now I take 250mcg which is the same as .25 ed. .3 is the strongest they make I believe but just wanted to put my input in.

clintster442 is offline New Member

Cytomel

I am 20 years old, 6'2'' 218lbs. I am about to start a stack of T3 - 100mcg/day, clen - 100mcg/day, and EQ - 350mg/week. I am at about 12% bf looking to get around 6% in the next 2 to 3 months. Obviously I won't reach that in this stack, but we'll see where I do get. I'll post my results with before and after pics in 6 weeks. Anyone else have any results with T3?

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdudeleads
    I dont think size has anything to do with it at all, dosages can be determined
    by how the thyroid is working and only way to tell that is a tsh level blood work which I get regularly and now I take 250mcg which is the same as .25 ed. .3 is the strongest they make I believe but just wanted to put my input in.

dosage almost always has something to do with size. a 100 lb person is not going to get the same dosage as a 300 lb person. or to put it differently if a small persons blood volume is half what a large persons is the same dosage would lead to a blood concentration that is double the large persons.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    dosage almost always has something to do with size. a 100 lb person is not going to get the same dosage as a 300 lb person. or to put it differently if a small persons blood volume is half what a large persons is the same dosage would lead to a blood concentration that is double the large persons.
    Hey that was my opinion at that point but just to make sure i asked my onocologist and he told me the same thing, size of the person has nothing to do with the dosage he prescibes people on, for instance there is a female that may weigh 130 soak and wet and she takes a higher dose than me so anyways i thought i would let you and other s know what i found out.

RDL

so as an update, we have reduced the dosage again to 75mg/d in 3 equal doses, with food. We tried in one dose at the beginning of the day to decrease insomnia, but the sides were worse that way. SIdes are also really bad if taking the T3 on an empty stomach, so with slow digesting food was preferred (nothing containing calcium carbonate). so far its working ok. sides are bearable, other than really, really high heartbeat during cardio training. well stay with this unless that is too much of a problem.

Thread Information