ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member

can a person eat too much protien?

ok, I've started my winny cycle.. should have deca in 3 weeks. I'm trying to lose weight as well as gain size, strength and def. (chicks don't dig the love handles!)
    I have cut my carb intake drastically, and to insure my muscle growth is not leeched I am sucking down buckets of Whey protein and amino acids. I'm not going to start glowing in the dark or something worse am I?! I know too much protein in cows can "burn" them, but of course I also understand that from some angles I may LOOK bovine, I am in fact, human. oh, one last question, I'm also taking a script diet pill called adipex. it works good, but hops me up a little, is this shit safe with Winny?
    thanks,
    Ripper..

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    You should have started deca before the winny. Drastically cutting back on your carbs is an old school way of thinking and can actually be counter productive to muscle growth. Try and get the majority of your protein from whole foods (solid food) whey protein is a suppliments and should be view as a suppliment...do not depend on it for protein requirements.

viper is offline Member
    so true pete....i see to many guys saying they drink 6 shakes a day to get their protein in, and all they eat food wise is fruit and a veggie every now and then....

chicken / lean meat / fish .....i try to eat 2 of the 3 everyday...

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I can't stand shakes. They are boring. What? 30 seconds and your done eating?? hell..eating, more like drinking. Can you say. . . because I can. Why drink a shake, when you can have steak? Hell, slice up an 8 ounce cut nice and thin, mix it in with some brown/wild rice, throw some oriental veggies in a skillet. . .throw some garlic in...BAAAM! That is WAY better than any shake out there.

As far as diet pills in conjunction with your Winny. I would see no harm in doing it, but remember I am NOT a doctor, so the only way to know for sure is to ask your doc. Chances are he won't approve of your AAS use and tell you that it will harm you, even if it has no negative effect with the diet pills.

My boy PISTOL PETE is dead on when he says you should have started deca before winny. . .let's say you get it in 3 weeks, well that makes at least 3-4 weeks on winny , and winny alone. Then deca takes 3 weeks at LEAST to get into your system. . .I mean, it could work. But bro, just be patient . . shit ive had to wait almost 2 months to get all my shit in...yes its rough, but in the end when you see the results. . .its worth every day you waited.

Good luck on the cyc and keep us updated.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Damn, sucks for me then because I'm one of those people drinking about 150-200gr in protein shakes a day! I do try to get as much solid food as I can but my classes and studies take up alot of time so I have to rely on shakes.

G-S Guest
    I've always read, and heard that more than 50g of Protien at one time goes to waste anyhow. Anyone else believe this to be correct?

I use that as a rule of thumb, and split my protien up between 5 meals, trying to get around 40-50 per meal. 2 of the meals I have a shake, and a side (cottage cheese, apple, something of the sort) - the other 3 contain a meat product of some type.

poppapump58 is offline Member
    As I recall, the body can only digest 30g to 40g of protein every 2 hours. The rest of the protein goes to waste.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Protien digestion is like RDA, each person has different requirements, for example : a 150lb person may only be able to digest 30 grams of protien every 2-3 hours but that rule cannot apply to someone who is 300lbs.

And like Pete and Viper said, whole foods should be the staples of your diet.

As far as your carbs are going why not start by decreasing your daily carb intake by 10%, you'd be amazed what a difference 10% can make.and add 30min a day of cardio,that should be good for 2lbs a week of fat loss!

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Gettin Stupid
    I've always read, and heard that more than 50g of Protien at one time goes to waste anyhow. Anyone else believe this to be correct?

I use that as a rule of thumb, and split my protien up between 5 meals, trying to get around 40-50 per meal. 2 of the meals I have a shake, and a side (cottage cheese, apple, something of the sort) - the other 3 contain a meat product of some type.
    It changes when you are using gear and OI wouldn't say it goes to waste entirely. Extra protein is excreted in large part but it can be turned into carbs for energy.

RUSSIANBEAR is offline Member
    You should have a balanced diet shoot for 40/40/20. Most of the time i come close but you cant always hit it perfect. Since i am still in college i tend to eat on a run and protein shakes work great for me. I agree that protein shakes will never replace solid foods like (eggs,lean meats and fish) but they are still better then fast food. Too much protein can still get you fat, eat a balanced diet and hit the cardio youll be good to go bro.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow!! Thanks for all the good info!
    and you don't know HOW happy that makes me to know I can start eating red meat again,,,, LOVE that ribeye!!
    I'll keep you guys posted on my results... I'm not sure if you saw my earlier post but I need to be in shape by March 15th so I'm on a pretty intense lift/jog 6 day a week plan.
    thanks again!!
    Ripper
    "Friends help you move, Good friends help you move bodies!"

Thread Information