Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sweets is offline New Member

Steroids in the NFL

here is a question for you guys, I was just reading up on shawn springs corner from the seattle seahawks, he got nailed for steroids , and got 4 games. he said it was a one time thing and didnt know what it was lol! but he is like 190lbs and bench presses 225pounds for 29 reps! and he tried it once...YA RIGHT!!!!

How many guys in the NFL do you guys think use juice in the off season and even in the season?? what percentage. thought id throw that ques out for fun.

peace!

u think 90% eh....hmmmm that could be a good estimate. I dont see how you cant. if the guy across from you is cranked right out and stronger and faster than F$** everyone needs that edge, its like the olympics lol. i just find it funny how these guys have to defend themselves for the media, "i didnt know what i was taking" or "this was aone time thing"

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Tony Siragusa could use some Clen ! I feel for Shawn Springs. Tons of guys take AS but most fans think Springs is the lone juicer. My percentage guess would be that 20% of the players take AS.

Gear101 is offline Member
    only QB and kickers not use juice everyone else

ya I agree, why wouldnt you take that edge with millions on the line and a chance to make somthing of yourself... every now and again they nail someone and the people think everyone in the NFL was tested and he was the only one positive lol kinda sucks your right. but id say more than 20% wouldnt you? i mean o-line d-line LB's and geez even a corner tested, and there are a lot of corners with better builds than shawn springs, Im not against it by anymeans! just curious what all you guys thought.

tackle78 is offline Junior Member
    I am currently playing in the arena league. Hoping to move up shortly. But in college alone most of the standouts do. They all have the money to beat the tests in the NFL. I've heard of lots of guys who have their bladders cleaned special for the tests. But I worked out with one guy alot in college who plays for the chargers now. REturns kicks and catches a few passes. He's 5'6" and 190 and is stronger than shit. He's used since high school. Most do, some have genetics that are just that good and don't need them though. I'd say 70% of the players do.

Anaballick is offline Associate Member
    Most use them, few are caught due to endless amounts of money to counteract testing.

poppapump58 is offline Member
    I was watching some special on HBO and they said something like 8 out of 11 MLB baseball players take roids.

ya I agree, Hey tackle78 you play O-line? thats cool so do I. I play RG, where did you go to college? if u dont mind me asking? what r your stats height, weight, bench, squat, 40 only if you care to share! thats cool, I hope you get the shot!

peace.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I play junior football (CJFL...I'm a fullback) in Canada so I have a really keen interest whenever I hear of football players getting caught using gear. You gotta feel for Shawn Springs to a certain degree though....As a player, to get to the next level you do what u have to do to play, I think thats whey u here of alot more HS kids using gear in hopes to be one of the lucky ones and get on with a NCAA Div 1 team. Its the same in the pros, Once u get to that level you have to bust ur ass to play at a the highest possible. We all know Springs isnt the only guy who has been caught in the NFL using gear, he wont be the last either, its comes down to the fact that u do what u have to do to play. If he chooses to use gear thats actually probably a wise choice for him if he wants to stick around the NFL cause if he doest take the next step physically (which usually means having to do some "special supplementing", in the offseason) another 100 guys are willing to, I'd say probably 65-75% of guys in the NFL cycle in the off season. At least he didnt pull a DALLAS COWBOY and get in a hotel room with crack and some hoes!!!!

Iconn is offline Associate Member
    I'm playing Div I in college and from what I hear its about 70% in NFL.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I'd say at least 60%, but i bet it is more. I bet some of those guys are on these kinds of board, and they just keep anonymous. You wouldn't believe how many famous people probably are on these board and you don't even know. For all you know, i could be...nevermind.

Fullback57, you play in the CJFL? u mind telling me what team?? I played in the CJFL too last year and 3 before that. you on the praties or ont? i was in the BCFC.

Arnold Zane is offline New Member
    I do think it should be legal for them to use if they are trying to heal from an injury. But not to just improve your performance or strength I mean if all of them were legally able use them everybody would still be on the same level just bigger and stronger. and the bigger and faster these guys get the harder the hits are and more injeuries. I think we would be suprised to know who juiced or not( I think it would be lower than you think)
    I know several people who are just built like racing horse but I know that they dont juice, It makes me sick!

Originally posted by sk*
    my secret is out
    what will i ever do?
    You too Marshall? Oh well, thats ok. See you at practice!

Love,
    Kurt

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Why don't receivers get any love?

Without me baby, you ain't nothing Mr. Campbell's Soup.

arnold that is true! and i agree. but I have played football a while and i know CFL players and they all juice, seems like everyone is always looking to be better! even if they are really good. i mean if the average joe shmow gym dude juices why wouldnt a pro athlete try it? an edge is an edge, Im naturally a big guy, 6'4" 320 and i never EVER thought about juicing and ive always been stronger than kids at my level lately anyways. but i fiugure what the heck if it will make me better maybe ill try it..... but hey u could very well be right!

daniel is offline New Member
    Hey guys, I played D-3 football at small school here in michigan and I would say that about 30% of the guys on the team juiced and thats only D-3 ball.

To Sweets:

6'4", 285, Was 32 in college but lost some fat. I've got a try out this summer with Denver. I hope it goes well. I bench 451, squat 551, clean 351. Played at Iowa. Started 3 years. Went well. Undrafted but was a little chunky. I'm at about 14 % bodyfat now, (25 then) . 5.03 second 40. 4.3 pro agility. I opted for arena because I didn't want to move to Canada or Europe. Now I hope to get a shot, but they might say to spend a year in Europe. But whatever. I'm only 23. Lots a time.

Meant was 325 in college. Came out wrong

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    Why don't receivers get any love?

Without me baby, you ain't nothing Mr. Campbell's Soup.
    Sorry, you too Tory!

Hey Tackle78, thats cool. I hope you get a fair shot and all goes well for ya! keep working hard.... 23 is young you have a ton of time, all the time in the world. i wish I was in your shoes, im 21 I played junior football in Canada for 3 years now im looking to start college this fall. im not too old,. then maybe who knows one day CFL is possible. I wont say NFL cause im Canadian! lol but I hope your your sake your dream comes true! Do you use AS? and what do u like best? im gonna start sustanon soon, Im 315 right now. but i run lots to trim up. how did u lose BF, just obviously proper nutrition and running? Sorry im just trying to pick yer brain. your a lot better off than me right now and we both play O-line.

Sweets:
    Never dieted in my life. I'm on the "see food" diet. If ya know what I mean. But I am on a program with some other ex-Iowa guys. Iowa has a great strength program. But I never ran really. I do about 9 hours of plyometrics a week. Thats not really cardio, but its hard. I eat roughly 5-6000 cal per day. 4-500 g protien. But its tough. I went down to 268 at 8% bodyfat. I've maintained 10 since. I just try to gain muscle. I didn't used to care. But its important for the big time. Being athletic actually hurt me. I never ran. I was always fast for a lineman. But I work really hard now. I lift 6 days a week. But for strength and mass. I've never done a cutting cycle of roids. I've done a couple anavar only cycles. Great for strength. But I also have used, sus, deca , tests,d-bol, winnie. For me winnie was too hard on the joints. I have knee problems and it really fucks me up. U

hewy is offline Junior Member
    i just know that those guys come back awful fast, i just cant believe the turn around time between injuries. im sure alot is the training and attention staff, but it just makes me wonder

nice nice! I lift 4 days a week, like a 4 day split, mon upper body tue legs, wed off, thrurs upper body fri legs, sat sun off weights, and I run 4 days a week, I do short sprints and stuff. and I do a lot of stretching it helps me. and im starting 20 shots of sust250 one shot every 4 days with clomid at the end ill see if that helps me. my bench is 405 my squat is 530 and my hang clean is 280 not soo good, but ive never used, so i didnt know a lot about it and since your a lineman that played t an extremely high level i thought id ask, how did u find sust? did u use it when u were at Iowa? also what kind of plyos did u do?? fill me in that would be great, Im always up for learning!!! [email protected]

thanx very much!

foreverblast1 is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by hewy
    i just know that those guys come back awful fast, i just cant believe the turn around time between injuries. im sure alot is the training and attention staff, but it just makes me wonder

it's arrogant to think that there aren't others who can go above and beyond the things you can...

john
    Last edited by foreverblast1; 01-21-2002 at 11:00 PM.

hewy is offline Junior Member
    im just saying i wonder if as has anything to do with it, lets face the abilites and work ethic those guys have is amazing. of course they go above and beyond the things that most people on this board can.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    I read somewhere that the average life expectancy for an NFL lineman was around 55-60 yrs, much less than all other Americans. I personally think there's lots of GH being taken in excess on both sides of the line in football. Also, know someone who is close to Big Mac. Says he "may have dabbled with a little AS." LOL

fkight2000 is offline New Member
    I don't believe for a goddamn minute that most, if not all, of the professional athletes don't use AS.

They've got unlimited funds, access to a fleet of the best physicians world-wide, and multi-millions of dollars riding on their performance during the season.

Anyone claiming that the don't take advantage of performance enhancing substances is either stupid, a fucking liar, or both.

BigDog_329x is offline New Member

here it is

take from the horses mouth. I know of Ex-pro's, current, and others who are trying to get into pro's... it is everywhere... it isn't a secrete anymore...

even back in the late 70's early 80's it was big... ia had the pleasure of watching the Steelers @ Latrobe,PA practice for a week in the summer, all day long...
    remember Mike Webster the center...

he was repping with 500 on bench... that isn't just geneitics, it's chem's... back then i didn't know what AAS was, but looking back...

do the math...

the craze in the nfl is Reforvit-B!

BD

gettinthere is offline Associate Member

ok...so football and baseball.....

But what about "The Rock", or any of the other big time wrestlers...Do you think they use? I know hulk hogan did, and now he speaks against it, or was that rick flair? Anyways...what do you guys think?? Do they even test those guys?

Everyone knows pro wrestlers are steroid abusers. Seen vince mcmahon lately?? can anyone say GH? HHH he came back like a FREAK lol. nobody has those genetics.

R1300ZX is offline New Member
    i used to work out at a gym where alot of WWF guys work out at and there was juice everywhere.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Bump.. i know its old... but the other day on sportcenter they said that less then 6% juice!!! HAHAH yeah right

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    Yea I went to U of Michigan for a football combine a few years back. Lloyd Carr talked to us about this and how 2 WWF wrestlers (I think they were brothers) used huge amounts of steroids and what not. Many of the guys don't use them, they abuse them.

As for football, I play for a team in the Big Ten (not Michigan ^) and juice is pretty common. Of course you have the guys that are naturally big, like quite a few of the linemen, but you also have many of the standouts shootin up. I would say about 60 percent of D1 uses gear.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Gotta think 75-90% of linemen use. Most of the running backs are freakin huge now. I'd use if there was that much money on the line.

No wait...I've used with NO money on the line.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    gotta be at least 70% in the NFL, guessing 30% in MLB and wrestling? Who knows, all the guys and half the women, probably.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    one of my very very good friends played for the giants and he told me all the time. The number one thing being used is HGH. He said over 85% of the guys he knows take it and a lot of guys come into spring training with .2 shaved off their 40 and all their lifts went up 40-100lbs. they all juice who cares.

I've said this a million times...if there were a tested NFL and an untested NFL and players in both leagues made the same $, nobody would watch the tested version. Nobody wants to see a 210lb Middle Linebacker making mediocre hits...everybody would rather see a juiced up Bill Romonowski making huge hits...LT injuring people....etc...

If there was a "non-tested" Olympics where the same $ was made, nobody would watch the "regular" Olympics. Who wants to watch the race for the "Worlds Second Fastest Man"? Nobody.

I want to see athletes breaking records and putting in huge hits. That means steroids . Period.

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    I couldn't see ALL of the NFL players being conditioned so to the point where they can withstand those type of hits every week. Linemen, linebackers, RB's, I would think it would be without a doubt in their interest to juice. Like said before, many of those guys use it for recovery more than for strength.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information