rococo is offline Associate Member

AR Docs! Keloid scars swell w/ AS use?

I had a spot of acne on my back about 10 years ago that ended up leaving a very small keloid scar on my back, not raised off the skin, but it was about the size of a pencil eraser tip under the skin. I'm not prone to keloid scars, and this was my first one. Since then I didn't do any really heavy cycles. Now, I'm into a pretty decent one (see in my sig) and I'm into my 3rd week. For about the past 2 weeks, the scar has kind of spread under the skin, and is now getting sore. It stands out a bit too as it swells. It's now about the size of a nickel, and is getting more tender each day. I haven't been taking my nolva or liquidex until the past 3 days. Why could this dang "tumah" be growing this fast? Should I be worried about the big C??? I don't have a regular doc, and don't know what type to go to, if I need to

bump

...bump...

Nobody?

bump again...

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i'd love to help you, but i have no idea what you're tlaking about. bump

Raylin is offline Female Member
    Go to a doctor . Sounds creepy.

It was just a small scar, that has started to swell beneath the skin surface. It's been 10 years since I got the scar. Imagine gyno starting under scar tissue, that's what it looks and feels like. I'm wondering if AS use can trigger growth of scar tissue.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd see a dematologist and come clean with them about AS use

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifter
    I'd see a dematologist and come clean with them about AS use
    Agreed, they will be able to tell you if it's cancerous. I know test causes accelerated cancer growth of existing cells in the prostate, but I do not know if that is in other parts of the body.

Further, you should not be doing steroids without at least a currnet physical and a GP... How are you getting your bloodwork checked?

Just had some work done about 3 months ago, well before my cycle started and before the symptoms started. Just checking general stuff like chole., liver enzymes, etc. Doc said he'd call if anything seemed out of line. Never did, so assuming all is normal up to this point.
    Can your insurance drop you if you go in for blood work and you tell your doc that you've been "on"? Don't they have to report findings in some way to the insurance co's?

Thread Information