Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    GoingtobeHUGE is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    44

    New drug for your joints?

    I heard someone talking about a drug that helped regrow cartilidge and tendons, I believe it was called AQUEAN? Can someone please give me the correct name as I am curious about it thx.

  2. #2
    slobberknocker's Avatar
    slobberknocker is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    386
    Maybe you mean equine or something like that. They use it on race horses. I know some powerlifters and strongmen who use it. It's a balm that you rub into your joints. Not sure if that's what you meant.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingtobeHUGE
    I heard someone talking about a drug that helped regrow cartilidge and tendons, I believe it was called AQUEAN? Can someone please give me the correct name as I am curious about it thx.
    There is actually an MD that has patented IAGH. Simply, injecting hGH intra-articularly. He's just shooting GH right into the knee (or other target joint). I've emailed him to get details. Depending on the doses he recommends, I may give it a shot. The logic is there. Not a great deal of vasculature to bring systemic GH to your poor knee (or any joint) cartilage, so going right into the capsule makes some sense.

  4. #4
    Grant's Avatar
    Grant is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    973
    that's interesting, keep us posted

  5. #5
    Viking_Power's Avatar
    Viking_Power is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    235
    Interessting, Bump!

    VP

  6. #6
    raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    224
    I think you mean Adequan. It's used for arthritis treatment in horses and dogs.

  7. #7
    raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    There is actually an MD that has patented IAGH. Simply, injecting hGH intra-articularly. He's just shooting GH right into the knee (or other target joint). I've emailed him to get details. Depending on the doses he recommends, I may give it a shot. The logic is there. Not a great deal of vasculature to bring systemic GH to your poor knee (or any joint) cartilage, so going right into the capsule makes some sense.
    My doctor told me that you really don't want to inject into tendons or ligaments because it weakens connective tissues...

  8. #8
    GoingtobeHUGE is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    44
    ADEQUAN that is it. Thx alot man..do u know if u can get it legally, some guys I met are on it and they said it was night and day.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by raoul3
    My doctor told me that you really don't want to inject into tendons or ligaments because it weakens connective tissues...
    You wouldn't be injecting into the tissue itself. You'll be injecting into the joint capsule, which otherwise gets very limited exposure to GH through your vasculature. I may be trying this. I'm looking at doing 4-5IU/week (just one injection/wk) into my bad knee. It'll mainly benefit connective tissue within the capsule (i.e cartilage and ACL/PCL(maybe)). Shooting on either side of the patellar tendon gives you good access.

  10. #10
    mman's Avatar
    mman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    145
    Do a search on yahoo it is a veterinarian presciption drug. It is the same thing as equine. I would recomend talking to a Dr. first if there is any human produts he could give you. I would be a little worried about injecting medicine designed for dogs in my joints.

  11. #11
    Rhino58's Avatar
    Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,454
    I second that man, I just use this stuff called Move free. Works well.

  12. #12
    big swoll's Avatar
    big swoll is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by mman
    Do a search on yahoo it is a veterinarian presciption drug. It is the same thing as equine. I would recomend talking to a Dr. first if there is any human produts he could give you. I would be a little worried about injecting medicine designed for dogs in my joints.

    unless you've got human grade gear, what do you think you are injecting into yourself

  13. #13
    mman's Avatar
    mman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by big swoll
    unless you've got human grade gear, what do you think you are injecting into yourself
    Considering QV is now making tablets I think we know who there market really is. Also, plenty of people have used vet steroids w/out problems. wouldn't want to be the person experimenting with vet meds that you shoot into joints.

  14. #14
    Viking_Power's Avatar
    Viking_Power is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    235
    adequan:

    The sooner treatment is started, the less danger there is of further deterioration and possible additional injury. Other treatments, including steroids and NSAIDs, only treat the pain and inflammation. By only providing relief of pain, these products encourage the horse to be active without protecting the joints from further damage. Oral GAGs claim to help rebuild the joint, but the FDA has not approved these claims. Hyaluronic acids can assist in replenishing joint fluid but may only have a temporary effect and may have little benefit to cartilage damage. Adequan® i.m. (POLYSULFATED GLYCOSAMINOGLYCAN) is the only degenerative joint disease treatment that actually helps treat the underlying cause of the problem and breaks the cycle of damage.

    Nothing Is Better Than Getting Better.

    Adequan® i.m. is an effective, injectable treatment available by prescription from your veterinarian. No other treatment is proven to modify the disease cycle and control its symptoms. With Adequan® i.m., you can expect significant signs of improvement within one or two weeks as your horse resumes normal activities.

    Adequan® i.m. Works and It's Safe!

    Adequan® i.m. has a ten-year safety record.You can be confident with the safety of Adequan® i.m. based on clinical studies, field-testing and experience. And, Adequan® i.m. is well-tolerated.

    Adequan® i.m. (POLYSULFATED GLYCOSAMINOGLYCAN) Attacks Degenerative Joint Disease In Four Ways:



    As damaging enzymes form,
    Adequan® i.m. blocks them.


    When inflammation causes pain,
    Adequan® i.m. relieves pain.


    If joint lubrication diminishes,
    Adequan® i.m. improves lubrication.


    Before cartilage damage continues,
    Adequan® i.m. inhibits degeneration.

    I took this off www.adequan.com/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by mman
    Do a search on yahoo it is a veterinarian presciption drug. It is the same thing as equine. I would recomend talking to a Dr. first if there is any human produts he could give you. I would be a little worried about injecting medicine designed for dogs in my joints.
    USED in dogs...not designed for them. Albumin binds like 40% of Adequan in the blood of humans, so injecting IA would be the best way to circumvent this.
    I don't know why people get so hung up on/ scared of using vet meds. In most cases, the targets of most vet meds are identical to those in humans. The very minor differences that are present will only confer a slight increase or decrease in effect.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3,145
    I got my Adequan today. I did some more reading before hand, and it turns out that canine albumin binds the same amount of Adequan, so the canine recommended dosage (mg/Kg basis) wouldn't be too far off. I did get some good info from a couple other boards. Most everyone that has used it has had positive results...some were amazing. I saw an research lab selling the ingredient of Adequan as well as the active ingredient in Avandia...pretty impressive.
    If anyone cares to know, I can post the doses that others have used and has worked for them. I'm basing my doses on what others have used. It also looks like Adequan is part of a wide-spread clinical human trial right now. I would expect it to be FDA approved sometime soon.

    I took my first dose today. I'll keep people posted on the results if anyone's interested.

  17. #17
    GoingtobeHUGE is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I got my Adequan today. I did some more reading before hand, and it turns out that canine albumin binds the same amount of Adequan, so the canine recommended dosage (mg/Kg basis) wouldn't be too far off. I did get some good info from a couple other boards. Most everyone that has used it has had positive results...some were amazing. I saw an research lab selling the ingredient of Adequan as well as the active ingredient in Avandia...pretty impressive.
    If anyone cares to know, I can post the doses that others have used and has worked for them. I'm basing my doses on what others have used. It also looks like Adequan is part of a wide-spread clinical human trial right now. I would expect it to be FDA approved sometime soon.

    I took my first dose today. I'll keep people posted on the results if anyone's interested.
    LET US KNOW BroTHER!

  18. #18
    raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    224
    Yes please, I'd like to know as well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •