peaker is offline Senior Member

nolva with femara, reducing effectiveness

i have been running femara at 1.25mg EOD, no bloat what so ever and so far no signs of gyno. i know nolva effects the levels of femara in the blood by up to like 30% but i want to add some in to see if it will help with my slightly puffy nips i have always had.

pheedno and johnnyb could you shed some light into this, since i am prone i dont want to reduce the effectiveness of the fem. thats why i havent run the nolva right through like you guys suggested.

do you think i would be safe to run 20mg till end of PCT while on femara without effecting my blood levels of femara.

my puffy nips is what gives me the look of gyno although when erect chest looks fine like most guys

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest asking a doc about this, it mya help. I have no idea.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry bro...don't know either...but good luck

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    No, if you add Nolva, it will reduce the letro plasma levels. I would not use the Nolva unless gyno symptoms appear. In the future, L-dex would be a wiser choice, that way you can run nolva alongside throughout the cycle

From what your describing, bodyfat is your culprit and Nolva will not aid in spot reducing it around the nipple

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Impact of tamoxifen on the pharmacokinetics and endocrine effects of the aromatase inhibitor letrozole in postmenopausal women with breast cancer.

Dowsett M, Pfister C, Johnston SR, Miles DW, Houston SJ, Verbeek JA, Gundacker H, Sioufi A, Smith IE.

Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom.

This study examined whether the addition of tamoxifen to the treatment regimen of patients with advanced breast cancer being treated with the aromatase inhibitor letrozole led to any pharmacokinetic or pharmacodynamic interaction. Twelve of 17 patients completed the core period of the trial in which 2.5 mg/day letrozole was administered alone for 6 weeks and in combination with 20 mg/day tamoxifen for the subsequent 6 weeks. Patients responding to treatment continued on the combination until progression of disease or any other reason for discontinuation. Plasma levels of letrozole were measured at the end of the 6-week periods of treatment with letrozole alone and the combination and once more between 4 and 8 months on combination therapy. No further measurements were done thereafter. Hormone levels were measured at 2-week intervals throughout the core period. Marked suppression of estradiol, estrone, and estrone sulfate occurred with letrozole treatment, and this was not significantly affected by the addition of tamoxifen. However, plasma levels of letrozole were reduced by a mean 37.6% during combination therapy (P<0.0001), and this reduction persisted after 4-8 months of combination therapy. Letrozole is the first drug to be described in which this pharmacokinetic interaction occurs with tamoxifen. The mechanism is likely to be a consequence of an induction of letrozole-metabolizing enzymes by tamoxifen but was not further addressed in this study. It is possible that the antitumor efficacy of letrozole may be affected. Thus, sequential therapy may be preferable with these two drugs. It is not known whether tamoxifen interacts with other members of this class of drugs

peaker is offline Senior Member
    hoping its just plain fat, no sore lumps nothing like when i was a kid so i guess i am fine at the moment

Thread Information