sin
    sin is offline Senior Member

yerba mate for fat loss

anyone know anything about this? its a tea, ive been drinking it for a few years, but i was looking on the internet for a beta-1 agonist and all my searches end up here. there is some proof it functions in weight loss, so i started drinking it again after i stopped clen , and my fat loss is continuing. just curious if anyone knows anything about it.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    i think its the phenols and stuff in the tea. i drink lots of black and green tea but when i first started i noticed a little fat loss as well. i have a mag somewhere with info about the tea your drinking ill dig it up for ya.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    The active fat burning chemical is in the xanthine family. Caffeine is a xanthine. I drink the stuff as an alternative to coffee. I think on ecoteas.com there is quite a bit of information about the stuff.

LOGANXXX is offline Associate Member
    It's very common around here to drink tons of "erva mate" per day.....i never felt any fatburner property.....neither do my bros.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    thanks for the input folks. logan i knew someone from south america would chime in, i heard you guys drink this stuff like water.

there are three main xanthines
    caffeine
    theobromine
    theophylline

all are lipolytic, black and green teas also have polyphenols that raise metabolic rate.

LOGANXXX is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    thanks for the input folks. logan i knew someone from south america would chime in, i heard you guys drink this stuff like water.
    Yes thats right. There's two differents ways to drink it around here. Down south they have it with hot water, its called "chimarrão". In the central-east region, most likely close to the Paraguay border, they drink with cold water, and is called "tereré". But like i said, no fatburn effect at all.
    The only thing that is commonly noticed is a diuretic effect (if you drink it every day).

Thread Information