abmyers is offline Associate Member

Workout frequency

I need to explain scientifically to someone why I shouldnt increase workout frequency on cycle, even though sore time is less. Can anyone help me out.
    He thinks I should be 6 days a week

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Actually have had heard that because of the increase of recovery that and increased workout is beneficial. I am of the understanding that AS allow one to recover faster, work harder longer in the gym, etc. I am, however, curious to see what other more experienced users have to say

shootdeep is offline Member
    i always increase frequency and intensity while i'm "on"

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    You can still over train on AAS. You dont train more you train harder imo your body still want to recover and you dont grow in the gym you grow at rest

HollywoodM3 is offline Member
    I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, and please don't get offended, as I don't know anything about your background,
    So IMO, the 6 day splint is actually used so that you can hit each group twice a week, you are most likely doing a crazy amount of sets and exercises, not needed and very inefficient.
    Try this,
    one example you could do a total body work out 1-2 exercises per group, 3-4 sets Max, eod. if you think about it, as soon as that muscle recovers you hit it again, so there is no need for all that extra. you will only work out 3 days one week and 4 the next and will guarantee that you will make WAY more progress than what you are doing now,
    another example, and I could go on and on but wont, is to do the 6 day split,

MON -chest/back
    TUES. -shoulder/bis/tris/forarms
    WED -legs quads/hams/calf
    Thus -chest/back
    FRI -shoulders/bis/tris/forarms
    SAT -legs quads/hams/calfs
    SUN- OFF

As you can see everything is hit twice a week, if you also look you are working opposing muscle groups, which is VERY good for symmetry and balance and strengh..etc..
    And you don't need to do a ton of exercises for each, I do 2 for bis/and tris. 3 for chest 2 for back....4-5 sets 8-12 reps, works very well.

Now lets bring this back to the whole AS issue, if you are juicing then this is a must to do, one big reason is that what happens when you use AS?? faster Recovery, which means the muscle then need to get worked again ASAP, for growth, If you think about it Pros, use a double split, AM/PM work outs, which allows them to hit each muscle group three times a week.

Hope this sheds some light, or at least makes you ask questions,

Good Luck, give it a try

HW

abmyers is offline Associate Member
    Ive heard that soreness is an incorrect gauge of how often to workout, as you often are minimally sore on AAS. For instance, you work chest/tris monday, are a little sore tuesday, not sore weds. That doesnt mean you should be doing chest again. I believe there is a more scientific reason why, that I am interested in knowing. Perhaps a muscle cell growth cycle or something? I dont know

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Its different for everyone. Thats the scientific deffination.

Do what feels and works the best. Dont overtrain.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abmyers
    Ive heard that soreness is an incorrect gauge of how often to workout, as you often are minimally sore on AAS. For instance, you work chest/tris monday, are a little sore tuesday, not sore weds. That doesnt mean you should be doing chest again. I believe there is a more scientific reason why, that I am interested in knowing. Perhaps a muscle cell growth cycle or something? I dont know

it is true that soreness is not always the best gauge of how often to workout, however, with AS you DO recover faster and therefore u can workout more frequently.

hybrid is offline Member
    Thats a very good explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodM3
    I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, and please don't get offended, as I don't know anything about your background,
    So IMO, the 6 day splint is actually used so that you can hit each group twice a week, you are most likely doing a crazy amount of sets and exercises, not needed and very inefficient.
    Try this,
    one example you could do a total body work out 1-2 exercises per group, 3-4 sets Max, eod. if you think about it, as soon as that muscle recovers you hit it again, so there is no need for all that extra. you will only work out 3 days one week and 4 the next and will guarantee that you will make WAY more progress than what you are doing now,
    another example, and I could go on and on but wont, is to do the 6 day split,

MON -chest/back
    TUES. -shoulder/bis/tris/forarms
    WED -legs quads/hams/calf
    Thus -chest/back
    FRI -shoulders/bis/tris/forarms
    SAT -legs quads/hams/calfs
    SUN- OFF

As you can see everything is hit twice a week, if you also look you are working opposing muscle groups, which is VERY good for symmetry and balance and strengh..etc..
    And you don't need to do a ton of exercises for each, I do 2 for bis/and tris. 3 for chest 2 for back....4-5 sets 8-12 reps, works very well.

Now lets bring this back to the whole AS issue, if you are juicing then this is a must to do, one big reason is that what happens when you use AS?? faster Recovery, which means the muscle then need to get worked again ASAP, for growth, If you think about it Pros, use a double split, AM/PM work outs, which allows them to hit each muscle group three times a week.

Hope this sheds some light, or at least makes you ask questions,

Good Luck, give it a try

HW

biff is offline Associate Member
    your arms ara a smaller group and i heard they they take less time to recover would it be to much if you trained them with one like on monday and wednsday

monkeyjuice is offline Member
    on or off cycle, REST is necessary. don't overtrain.

HollywoodM3 is offline Member
    IMO, I would only hit them twice a week, b/c you are also using them in other lifts as well, such as pull-ups, rows that work the bis. all pressing movements for the tries,

which allows you to be able to only do 2 excesses for bis and tris and still grow, the other great thing is that I can do different lifts thought the week to keep the muscle guessing and spice up the work out, benefits and things you can do with this are end less,

and I do agree with the whole rest isssue, and you need to do whats best for your body, and not what works for someone else...

HW

Thread Information