Thread: buying pins

little-man-zane is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up buying pins

Hey bros....this one is out to all the canucks... guys i was just wondering about buying pins here, i heard that you can buy them with no hasil....is this true??? Can we get them at any store....will be asked what their for...or need to sign anything? Also what is the price for needles?

Thanks bro's

yours truely

PEDEY is offline Junior Member
    Buying spikes is one of the things I look most forward to when starting on a AS program. Just walk into any pharmacy, walk upto the counter and say you need about 40 spikes. Expect the woman to be totally disgusted, but then again its you who's on the road to puttinbg on 30lbs not her so it should be the other way around. If on the OFF chance they would question you, get very defensive and make a big scene, saying its personal and you dont appreciate someone making light of your illness.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Just go to a few pharmacies and ask. I never get asked what it's for. Here's a tip, Shopper's Drug Mart and the like usually only carry slin needles so try smaller chains.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Here check this out and haha again, just had to let it out
    http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...&threadid=8442
    Last edited by Full Intensity; 01-20-2002 at 09:17 PM.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool "It's twue, it's twue!"*

Yes, you can get them over the counter in Canada. Expect to pay about $.30-.35 CDN for either a syringe/needle combination or a separate syringe and needle. MOst common brand you will find is good ol' B-D.

Nathan makes a great point about Shoppers Drug Mart and the chains - the do tend to focus on slin needles. However, Shoppers Drug Mart does have some "home care pharmacies" - stores that specialize in home care supplies, and they carry common AS-gauge needles. I recently got some 22 g. 1-1/2" combos and 23 g. 1" combos at a S/D/M home care pharmacy for $.35 CDN each. To find one: Just call any local S/D/M and ask if they have any home care stores in your area.

Another source I've used: PharmaPlus (another drug store chain in Ontario). They did not have the combos, but I was able to find syringes without needles and separate 23 g. 1" pins. Cost: $.30 CDN for both a syringe and separate pin (which makes them less than Shoppers Drug Mart).

* Subject line quote: Madeline Kahn in Blazing Saddles

Doc40 is offline Associate Member
    Does any of this work in the US, specifically NC or NJ (If you know)? Does the B12 answer really work?

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Sometimes, don't know, and no - in that order.

Originally posted by Doc40
    Does any of this work in the US, specifically NC or NJ (If you know)? Does the B12 answer really work?
    Laws regarding the purchase of syringes and needles vary from state to state. I cannot tell you what the rules are in NC and NJ; the best bet is to simply call any drug store and ask the pharmacist. (I live in PA, and here you must have a prescription for anything that is injectable, as well as the "tools" to do an injection.)

As for the B12 answer, any pharmacist worth his or her salt will spot that as bullshit in a second. When a bulked-up 19-year-old dude walks into the drugstore and starts talking about injecting B12, believe me, most pharmacists will be biting their tongues to keep from laughing. Pharmacists are not as dumb as they may look, and most of them have been briefed as to the basics of AS (some of which are classified as Schedule III anabolics).

But that doesn't matter. If it is legal to buy syringes and needles without a prescription where you are, then as Robin Williams said, "Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck." You don't have to give them a reason, period. And if it's not legal to buy them without a prescription where you are, then all the B12 (or any other kind of) tap-dancing you do will not convince a pharmacist to sell them to you.
    Last edited by TNT; 01-21-2002 at 12:12 PM.

Doc40 is offline Associate Member
    Haha, you make a good point. I will check it out in the future. Thanks, Doc.

Thread Information