Thread: Beef Jerky

eacman65 is offline Member

Beef Jerky

hey is beef jerky bad for you? it has a lot of protein and little of everything else, it tastes so good i would hate to have to give it up, what do you all think?

I eat it all the time great for protein when you can't fit a meal in, you can get 97% lean beef jerky. What I like even better is turkey jerky it is better for you and higher in protein. And also by the way this has nothing to do with steroids so why is it the "steroid forum"

Yesh your right its stupid but i guess i just had to know, i love the stuff and didnt know, thanks for the info though

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

jerky

what about the sodium content? isnt it loaded with sodium?

Bartleby is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DF2003
    what about the sodium content? isnt it loaded with sodium?
    yeah i was gonna say that too, i wouldnt eat too much of it cause its loaded with preservatives and sodium....

How bad are preservatives and sodium for you anyways? anyone know

Quote Originally Posted by eacman65
    How bad are preservatives and sodium for you anyways? anyone know
    well a large amount of sodium is never good because it can cause hypertension and edema, preservatives are just that it makes something stay fresh so too much of it isnt very healthy, anything sitting in a shelf in a can or bag has preservatives in it...

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

jerky

dont get me wrong i love some beef jerky, im sure they have like a no sodium product. man i blow the hell up on the slightest increase of sodium while on a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by DF2003
    dont get me wrong i love some beef jerky, im sure they have like a no sodium product. man i blow the hell up on the slightest increase of sodium while on a cycle.
    yeah me too thats why i stay far away from it.....

A little sodium is fine, A full bag is like 30% of your daily value. Do not worry about the sodium only time you have to worry alot about it is when your are preparing for a contest. A little sodium is good it keeps water retention and helps you saty hydrated. Also one of the reasons for the amount of sodium in gatorade

Quote Originally Posted by LightWeightBaby
    A little sodium is fine, A full bag is like 30% of your daily value. Do not worry about the sodium only time you have to worry alot about it is when your are preparing for a contest. A little sodium is good it keeps water retention and helps you saty hydrated. Also one of the reasons for the amount of sodium in gatorade
    yeah true, but 30% your daily value from one thing is alot...theres prob added sodium in things that you eat and you dont even know it....im not saying its bad, just that I know for myslef I try to stay away from sodium, but evryone is different....

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eacman65
    hey is beef jerky bad for you? it has a lot of protein and little of everything else, it tastes so good i would hate to have to give it up, what do you all think?

i love beef jerky...a lot of soduim but i dont really care.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    i love beef jerky...a lot of soduim but i dont really care.
    wonderful...i got associate memeber status by posting on a beef jerky thread. Man, i must know a ****load about steroids now that i have my associates...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartleby
    yeah true, but 30% your daily value from one thing is alot...theres prob added sodium in things that you eat and you dont even know it....im not saying its bad, just that I know for myslef I try to stay away from sodium, but evryone is different....
    True but also the daily valu for protein is 50 grams......And I know most of here are taking around 1-2 grams of protein per pound...... So maybe I am taking a little over the daily value about 6 times the amount to be exact(300grams)

Quote Originally Posted by LightWeightBaby
    True but also the daily valu for protein is 50 grams......And I know most of here are taking around 1-2 grams of protein per pound...... So maybe I am taking a little over the daily value about 6 times the amount to be exact(300grams)
    LoL...yeah ur right, I just try to watch my sodium intake cause i hate the bloted feeling i get if i consume too much...

yeah I know man I am only messing around with u

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    i make my own jerky its good and low in sodium

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    Ok, this may be kinda silly but how come no one has made a buffalo turkey jerky? Kind of like a dried out buff wing? I think it would taste a hell of a lot better than those terrible other flavors some companies have out??? Anyone else wanna go in on the Buffalo jerky biz!!!

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zillano9
    Ok, this may be kinda silly but how come no one has made a buffalo turkey jerky? Kind of like a dried out buff wing? I think it would taste a hell of a lot better than those terrible other flavors some companies have out??? Anyone else wanna go in on the Buffalo jerky biz!!!

Ha. Only a buffalonian would ever think of that.

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    Well I went to school pretty close to Buff, and watched a lot of Sabres games while I was there so mabye that makes me think a lil different. On a sidenote, anyone who watches the Sabres on Tv up there-those announcers are awesome!!!1

Thread Information