Hawgz is offline Junior Member

pyramid or not for beginner's?

This is just a Question I have about pyramiding a cycle. I’m just curious to know why it is not recommended?
    When i did my first cycle back in 1986 it consisted of D-bol and Test. Every one i talked to including the (college football) strength coach told me to pyramid my cycle. I understand you want your blood levels to stay constant. but until you know the effects it has on your body would it not be smart to, at least pyramid up so that you can see how your body is going to react. then if you run into problems you may recover faster then if you just jumped into it.
    I can see no need to pyramid if you have a few cycle’s behind and you know how your body reacts
    Just searching for answers.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I see what your saying...But
    In 1986 there was no such thing as clomid> Now that there's clomid (and other types of drugs) There's no reason to pyramid.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgz
    This is just a Question I have about pyramiding a cycle. I’m just curious to know why it is not recommended?
    When i did my first cycle back in 1986 it consisted of D-bol and Test. Every one i talked to including the (college football) strength coach told me to pyramid my cycle. I understand you want your blood levels to stay constant. but until you know the effects it has on your body would it not be smart to, at least pyramid up so that you can see how your body is going to react. then if you run into problems you may recover faster then if you just jumped into it.
    I can see no need to pyramid if you have a few cycle’s behind and you know how your body reacts
    Just searching for answers.
    So you'd rather pyramid up to 3cc in a single shot(or however high) to realize that you dont like the effects? Thats not very logical is it?
    It takes roughly 5 weeks for the effects of a single ester T to really manifest......so would that be mid pyramid...or late...or what?

Dude....we have come a long way in 18 years....almost out of the dark ages...dont resist progress.

D

asiancuts is offline Associate Member
    i agree with mbaraso, about the clomid. back then, pyrimiding doses was a way to ease your body on to a substance and then slowly ease yourself off to minimize a "crash" where your body wouldn't be able to recover very well if taking higher doses. now, with pct and such, that problem is eliminated and we can stay on aas for longer periods at higher doses without the risk of losing a majority of gains after discontinuance. just my thoughts.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    I see what your saying...But
    In 1986 there was no such thing as clomid> Now that there's clomid (and other types of drugs) There's no reason to pyramid.
    I agree, 86 was different times back then.. The concensus to see excellent results was to pyramid.. Fast forwarding 17 years, and you see how keeping levels in your blood constant and avoiding side effects with anti-estrogens seems to be the going trend.. Granted many doses of cycles currently, are considered overkill to many who have been in the game since the 80's.. I think you would benefit more from having a constant level from start to finish rather then building up to dose, and gradually tapering back down..

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with every thread, the added benefit to keeping blood levels constant over extended period of time is that your body is being placed in an optimum environment for growth. Rather than a fluctuating chemical balance.

Hawgz is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the straight answers Guy's....

“The dent depot" I am not trying to resist anything. I just wanted to know why it is not recommended that on your first cycle you pyramid it. Now i understand its because of the pct.

Jackman is offline Banned
    Yea bro pyramid is old school

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgz
    Thanks for the straight answers Guy's....

“The dent depot" I am not trying to resist anything. I just wanted to know why it is not recommended that on your first cycle you pyramid it. Now i understand its because of the pct.

Also to keep blood levels stable.

D

Thread Information