treyone is offline Junior Member

eating tha right foods matters?

im 6'6 and 200lbs..trying to put weight and muscle mass on....i have trouble gaining weight..so with my cycle...i can eat whatever i want?...or should i eat healthy and maintain a good diet? any suggestions?

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Take your 200 lbs, multiply the 200 by 1.5 and that's the number of grams of protein you need to eat every day. Multiply the 200 by 2, and that's the number of grams of carbohydrate you need to eat. Multiply the 200 by 1, and that's the number of grams of fat you need to eat.

protein 200 x 1.5 = 300 grams, 2700 calories, 33% of total calories
    Carbs 200 x 2 = 400 grams, 3600 calories, 44% of total calories
    Fat 200 x 1 = 200 grams, 1800 calories, 23% of total calories

What you really need to do is read the nutritional information they print on the containers of stuff you get at the supermarket so you can tell how much protein, carbs, and fat you're getting in what you eat. You can find tables elsewhere on the net (do a google search) that list the nutritional values, but if you can get a copy of "The Nutrition Almanac" (eBay or used on Amazon) you'll have everything you'll need neatly printed for ya.

To give ya an idea of how much food this is going to be . . .
    To get 300 grams of protein, you'll need to eat
    2 cans of tuna fish ------------- 60 grams
    2 quarts of milk ---------------- 64 grams
    1 pound of beef or chicken ---- 115 grams
    4 eggs ------------------------ 24 grams
    1 can of Wolf Brand Chili ------- 45 grams

That'll put you just over 300 protein grams, don't know how many fat grams are in there, you'll have to check. But you'll have to add carbohydrate grams from stuff like sweet potatos, brown rice, that sort of thing. Even if you like to eat, after a while you get so that eating is a chore. But, ya gotta do it to grow.

And try to keep food in your system at all times . . . when your stomach says "Feed Me!" it's bad news, 'cause your system is taking protein away from your muscles and using it to keep your brain and kidneys and etc functioning. Eat every 3 or 4 hours and this won't be a problem.

The biggest thing to work on right now is knowledge, ya gotta figure out how much of what you need to eat. Keep reading packaging labels, make a list of what nutrients are in each food, then make your grocery list and daily menu from that info.

One last thing . . . the percentages I gave you are just a starting place. Lots of guys do well with those numbers, others need to tweak 'em a bit. It's a trial and error sort of thing. If you eat the full 8100 calories a day and still can't grow, increase everything by 10% and see how that works. If you eat 8100 calories and put on lots of blubber around the middle, then either do more cardio or decrease everything in proportion, or maybe just some of the fat calories.

Hope this helps . . .

--Tock

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    One more thing . . . you really should wait until you're at least 21 before you do a cycle. Lots of reasons why, but I'll let you look through this board and find out what's happened to other folks who have problems today from cycling too young.
    You should be able to put on lots of muscle anyway with an intelligent workout routine and exercise techniques (all of which you can find here) and eating as I suggested in my previous post. Later on, when your body stops its natural growing, that's when you can start in with the needles and stuff.

Again, hope this helps, and
    Good luck,
    --Tock

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    good post tock

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Great Post!!

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    What Tock Said...

simplyjakked is offline Member
    if you dont mind bf while bulking eat constantly and atleast the numbers Tock gave you! having a fast metabolism allows you to eat unclean and still stay fairly lean...until a point(you have years before reaching that point).

treyone is offline Junior Member
    thnx tock..good ****

your trying to bulk and no matter what you will put some fat on, eat anything and everything all the time......Sometime I will eat whole pizza's do you know a frozen pizza has over 60 grams of protein..Not the healthiest but you are bulking I do not worry about eating clean til i need to cut....then it is chicken breast and tuna.

Thread Information