• 40+mg

7 22.58%
    SteveCrammer is offline New Member

Poll - Anavar Dosage (minimum) for noticeable results

Poll - Anavar Dosage (minimum) for noticeable results

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    there voted for ya, 40mg here

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I actually noticed results at 30mg with Denkall on my first cycle but I was coming off EQ at the time and there may have been some kind of synergy there. I definitely felt it -the stuff pumps up my shoulders only a few days in.

I'm on 40mg/day now, which I think is plenty and I weigh 240. (Personally I think a person should take bodyweight into account when dosing.)

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    30-40mg for noticeable results, all depends which brands you are on about

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I used powder at 20mg and loved it.

JohnnyB

Here's acouple of studies showing it works at 15mg.

Short-term oxandrolone administration stimulates net muscle protein synthesis in young men.

Sheffield-Moore M, Urban RJ, Wolf SE, Jiang J, Catlin DH, Herndon DN, Wolfe RR, Ferrando AA.

Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, and Shriners Burn Hospital for Children, Galveston 77550, USA. [email protected]

Short term administration of testosterone stimulates net protein synthesis in healthy men. We investigated whether oxandrolone [Oxandrin (OX)], a synthetic analog of testosterone, would improve net muscle protein synthesis and transport of amino acids across the leg. Six healthy men [22+/-1 (+/-SE) yr] were studied in the postabsorptive state before and after 5 days of oral OX (15 mg/day). Muscle protein synthesis and breakdown were determined by a three-compartment model using stable isotopic data obtained from femoral arterio-venous sampling and muscle biopsy. The precursor-product method was used to determine muscle protein fractional synthetic rates. Fractional breakdown rates were also directly calculated. Total messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) concentrations of skeletal muscle insulin -like growth factor I and androgen receptor (AR) were determined using RT-PCR. Model-derived muscle protein synthesis increased from 53.5+/-3 to 68.3+/-5 (mean+/-SE) nmol/min.100 mL/leg (P < 0.05), whereas protein breakdown was unchanged. Inward transport of amino acids remained unchanged with OX, whereas outward transport decreased (P < 0.05). The fractional synthetic rate increased 44% (P < 0.05) after OX administration, with no change in fractional breakdown rate. Therefore, the net balance between synthesis and breakdown became more positive with both methodologies (P < 0.05) and was not different from zero. Further, RT-PCR showed that OX administration significantly increased mRNA concentrations of skeletal muscle AR without changing insulin-like growth factor I mRNA concentrations. We conclude that short term OX administration stimulated an increase in skeletal muscle protein synthesis and improved intracellular reutilization of amino acids. The mechanism for this stimulation may be related to an OX-induced increase in AR expression in skeletal muscle.

JohnnyB

Anavar at 15mg with high protien diet.

Combined effects of hyperaminoacidemia and oxandrolone on skeletal muscle protein synthesis.

Sheffield-Moore M, Wolfe RR, Gore DC, Wolf SE, Ferrer DM, Ferrando AA.

Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77550, USA. [email protected]

We investigated whether the normal anabolic effects of acute hyperaminoacidemia were maintained after 5 days of oxandrolone (Oxandrin, Ox)-induced anabolism. Five healthy men [22 +/- 3 (SD) yr] were studied before and after 5 days of oral Ox (15 mg/day). In each study, a 5-h basal period was followed by a 3-h primed-continuous infusion of a commercial amino acid mixture (10% Travasol). Stable isotopic data from blood and muscle sampling were analyzed using a three-compartment model to calculate muscle protein synthesis and breakdown. Model-derived muscle protein synthesis increased after amino acid infusion in both the control [basal control (BC) vs. control + amino acids (C+AA); P < 0.001] and Ox study [basal Ox (BOx) vs. Ox + amino acids (Ox+AA); P < 0.01], whereas protein breakdown was unchanged. Fractional synthetic rates of muscle protein increased 94% (BC vs. C+AA; P = 0.01) and 53% (BOx vs. Ox+AA; P < 0.01), respectively. We conclude that the normal anabolic effects of acute hyperaminoacidemia are maintained in skeletal muscle undergoing oxandrolone-induced anabolism.

JohnnyB

byu
    byu is offline Junior Member
    Werd...this is good to know, since I'm bout to go short cycle of anavar . Thanks a lot JohnnyB

byu
    Anybody else care to vote here?
    I'm interested to know...I'm not feeling anything after three days and 25mgs ed. Denkall Anavar . Bumping it to 35 mgs today. What do you think Johnny?

6'3" 195 training for baseball not for size or strength.

SteveCrammer is offline New Member
    Ive been on Pegasus Anavar 25 mg for 7 days weight dropped by 3lbs and strenght dropped very slightly.

I am getting lots of erections.

I am suspect about this Pegasus stuff.

What u reckon.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Using 25mgs papervar and it rocks.

~us~

By the way, everyone sez be sure to include Creatine with Anavar for better results.

byu
    John...
    Could you define "everybody" please?
    I haven't read anything about creatine and var in medical journals.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by byu
    John...
    Could you define "everybody" please?
    I haven't read anything about creatine and var in medical journals.
    Medical journals aren't exactly a good source of information for the recreational use of anabolic steroids .

byu
    Thanks longhorn...

What you're saying is: controlled human testing of anabolic steriods (oxandrolone) and nutritional supplements (creatine monohydrate), overseen by those most highly educated in experimental drug application is not ONE "good source" of information?

I would not necessarily say it is the best...but it is certainly one good source. Not only that it is one that ANYONE should take into consideration when making an EDUCATED decision.

If you don't have any positive, useful or insightful things to say keep your hand off the "Post Reply" button.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    how was his response not helpful? he's actually fairly accurate with his reply, there is not a lot of info in medical journals about aas at all, let alone combined with otc supplements, byu, this is an open board and just because someone says something you might not agree with, that doesn't mean you can tell him not to post, lighten up and read the rules before you start telling people how to act on this board

When I use a term like "everyone" I'm not referring to medical journals but to what seems to be the consensus of people at AR and similar sites. If I were referring to a medical journal I would have mentioned it. I have no idea if it actually helps or not but the consensus seems so strong it's good enough for me since I know the stuff isn't going to kill me or anything -that's why I'm taking it right now myself with Var.

If you like I'll dig up some links to back it up.

Here's one for example...

"would taking creatine with my anavar cycle help add to the effects since it helps with stimulating phosphocreatine synthesis.

956Vette
    yes!

barbarian
    thats one of the BEST suplyment roid combos a person can think of, and acualy the safest."

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=71927

By the way, 956Vette was just made a Vet, so I assume he must know something.

byu
    Scott...
    I have "read the rules"...I've been a member here as long as you have, thanks. Maybe you need to go back and read the rules?

When longhorn says that medical journals aren't a good source of info, it is not helpful two ways. #1 it promotes a self-medication by word of mouth (brillant). #2 Medical journals are ONE good source of EDUCATED INFORMATION.
    and (by his user name) he might be a Dr? That wouldn't imply that he is a medical doctor, only that he would know how to search through medical journals...and he might have written a thesis....and might know how to use pubmed...or any other journal search engine.

As for medical journals not being a good source of info...... Do you believe that aas and supplements are developed and tested by bb's? Wasn't it actually earlier in this post that Johnny B (a vet) posted from a medical journal?
    Oh....and there isn't a lot of info on steriods in medical journals? Which medical journals are you searching through? Try this one http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ might find one or a couple hundred there.

Johnsomebody...My post to you was in no way meant to be a flame. I was just wondering who you got your information from? As in: this board? Another board? a medical journal? your friends? It wasn't meant to be disrespectful at all.

Johnsomebody...My post to you was in no way meant to be a flame. I was just wondering who you got your information from? As in: this board? Another board? a medical journal? your friends? It wasn't meant to be disrespectful at all.
    No prob bro, I didn't take it that way.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Anybody else care to vote here?
    I'm interested to know...I'm not feeling anything after three days and 25mgs ed. Denkall Anavar . Bumping it to 35 mgs today. What do you think Johnny?

6'3" 195 training for baseball not for size or strength.

Then what the heck are you expecting if not size and or strength?

Thats wild......"I'm taking gear, but not to get stronger or bigger"......hmmmm
    I guess you could be trying to get leaned up?

I'm lost..

D

byu
    I am not trying to bulking nor get cut, which is what the majority of those who use "gear" are using it for. Not ALL, but most. I am using aas for arm strength, not weight lifting strength. There is little correlation between weight lifting strength and velocity as one of Roger Clemens or Mark Priors work-outs will prove.

So...at what dosage did you find anavar worked for you?

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    listen byu, i'm not going to get in a pissing match with you, but you need to realize that everyone here is trying to help by sharing personal experiences or "trading" of knowlege, so if someone says something you disagree with, you don't have to answer condecendingly, i doubt you would give such snotty retorts in a face to face interaction, so let's all be like three little fonzies

salu is offline New Member
    cycle var and creatine. how long ? 8 weeks ?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by salu
    cycle var and creatine. how long ? 8 weeks ?
    6 weeks minimum and I wouldn't go any longer then 8 weeks with var.

salu is offline New Member
    There was a men in my gym saying that anavar is more hepatoxic than anadrol and can cause gyno ?? WTF ??

fudgedelic is offline Associate Member
    I've used var once at 20mg for 7 weeks, no real mass gains above a normal pace but the strentgh and muscle hardness was incredible. When i get my hands on some more imma try it at a higher dose, perhaps 30-40 mg.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    6 weeks minimum and I wouldn't go any longer then 8 weeks with var.
    Why such the short duration? Not questioning it, just want to understand it as i was planning a 10 weeker w/ var the entire time. Thanks

longhornDr is offline Member
    Thanks longhorn...

What you're saying is: controlled human testing of anabolic steriods (oxandrolone) and nutritional supplements (creatine monohydrate), overseen by those most highly educated in experimental drug application is not ONE "good source" of information?

I would not necessarily say it is the best...but it is certainly one good source. Not only that it is one that ANYONE should take into consideration when making an EDUCATED decision.

If you don't have any positive, useful or insightful things to say keep your hand off the "Post Reply" button.
    You will find very few RTC's of anabolic steroids that examine performance enhancement.

99% of what is known about performance enhancement applications of AAS comes from self-medication/experimentation and trial and error.

I guess I need to clarify my statement for the Aggies out there and say that if you are looking for information on anabolic steroids you will find very little practical information in medical journals.

Also keep in mind that there's a lot to be said for "recieved wisdom" on sites like this. Remember it took them into the late 80's, if I recall correctly, to determine scientifically that AS actually increased muscle mass! Before that they were always saying "there's no proof steroids increase muscle mass" ad nauseum. Meanwhile everybody in the real world knew better.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    here is my personal current finding using
    40mg of var ed
    40mg dbol .. (ended friday last week)
    500mg test cyp

Mostly i have added 120 lbs ... doing 340 x 6 on a incline... ............. works for me.........
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    You will find very few RTC's of anabolic steroids that examine performance enhancement.

99% of what is known about performance enhancement applications of AAS comes from self-medication/experimentation and trial and error.

I guess I need to clarify my statement for the Aggies out there and say that if you are looking for information on anabolic steroids you will find very little practical information in medical journals.
    One reason is although var seems to be milder than most it is still 17-aa and can raise lvier values. Also cost becomes a factor as 10 weeks of var is not cheap, and lastly 10 weeks is a long time and the later weeks the results are really gonna start to slow down.

My above post i seemed to have replied to the wrong person, that was meant for mealticket.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fudgedelic
    My above post i seemed to have replied to the wrong person, that was meant for mealticket.

Cost aside, if i'm injecting var while it be easier on my liver, therefore letting me run it safely for 10 weeks? Thanks

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    Cost aside, if i'm injecting var while it be easier on my liver, therefore letting me run it safely for 10 weeks? Thanks
    Dude...it's 17aa whether you shoot it or drink it.....

D

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    my first time runnin var i ran 20mgs btg for 7 weeks and loved it... Although 40mgs is much better...

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I cap my Var with Creatine - the best of both worlds

MachZ is offline Member
    well i'm on prop150mgED and tren 125mgED week 12 and added 60mg var 11 days ago and I havent noiticed any extra strength really to talk about but I'm sure cutting up like crazy now, its sick.

Thread Information