BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

Arimidex...worth it???

"Things one needs to note while using arimidex is that the benefits of estrogen become non-existent as well. First of all that means gains can be drastically reduced. They will be leaner and more qualitative, but they will nonetheless be seriously reduced. A second problem is that estrogen seems to have a positive effect on cholesterol levels. Since estrogen is reduced, the use of arimidex may have a profound impact on HDL to LDL ratio's in your cholesterol profile. In this aspect the use of Nolvadex is more user-friendly, because despite its anti-estrogenic effects in most tissues, it seems to exert positive estrogenic effects in the liver and promote a better cholesterol profile."

That is from bodybuilding.com. I was just wondering why would one use arimidex if they are using nolva throughout the cycle.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Yes they are important, well to me at least. It hasnt been proved that armidex hinders gains has it? If it does hinder gains so what , would you rather have good gains and a pair of double D'd? Armidex reduces the estrogen but if some gets by, the nolvs will stop them from binding to the receptors. I run armidex and nolvs all the time now.

RDL

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Like rangerdudeleads said arimidex stops the conversion of test intop estrogen but it can't stop it all.... where nolva will keep the excess estrogen from binding to the receptorsites.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Like rangerdudeleads said arimidex stops the conversion of test intop estrogen but it can't stop it all.... where nolva will keep the excess estrogen from binding to the receptorsites.
    i understand that, but if the nolva does its job well enough, what is the purpose of the arimidex since the nolva will be blocking the receptor sites. Im sure it has something to do with the nolva blocking some but not all but just curious.

Also im sure it depends on the cycle, but what about a simple test e at 500mg/wk. SHould one use both or just nolva

MTLMAN is offline New Member
    use one of them and add the other if you notice any high levels of estrogen side effects

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I use both because I want to have at good results. Don't need bloating and boobs.

shootdeep is offline Member
    any test not converted is available for use by the body, so your test levels will be higher. also, gains made will be net gains and less water.

Is anybody taking into consideration the dosages of either test or arimidex ?
    It's not as if taking any amount of arimidex will inhibit your natural basal estrogen levels. You have to consider how much exogenous test your introducing into your body as well as how much arimidex your using. Estrogen does have some positive anabolic effects, but saying reducing your estrogen levels will have "drastic" effects is overstating it. You'll need to show some proof of that.

Hypertension caused by crazy high estrogen levels isn't conducive to an anabolic environment. Arimidex:test ratio is how it should be viewed. I don't claim to know what the ideal ratio is, but it's something we should all be looking for.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianVodka
    I use both because I want to have at good results. Don't need bloating and boobs.
    You will kill your results. Bloat is good at times.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58

What do you mean by this, can you explain please? My results are always satifying to me, I really dont think antis hinders your gains like people say. I have done cycles in the past without antis and regret it a lot but got the same great gains as being on with them. Im a good example why you should take armidex and nolvs,, I was taking nolvs with a cycle but no armidex or liquidex and had a mild case of gyno that was just removed so I will always run both but some people are fortunate enough to not being prone to gyno but people like myself arent that blessed so antis are always a must in my opinion.

Thanx RDL

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58

This is theoretical. Most haven't noticed their gains being "killed" while using anti e's vs not using them. Like I said, some extra estrogen can have positive anabolic effects, but people overplay the impact of anti e's. You're not completely shutting down estrogen synthesis, you're reducing it. When you're taking in exogenous test, you have to consider the amount of the test and the dosage of anti e's. it will also be dependent, to some degree, on a person's bodyfat % too.

It's not as cut and dry as people like to make it sound.

Ambulance1984 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    This is theoretical. Most haven't noticed their gains being "killed" while using anti e's vs not using them. Like I said, some extra estrogen can have positive anabolic effects, but people overplay the impact of anti e's. You're not completely shutting down estrogen synthesis, you're reducing it. When you're taking in exogenous test, you have to consider the amount of the test and the dosage of anti e's. it will also be dependent, to some degree, on a person's bodyfat % too.

It's not as cut and dry as people like to make it sound.
    good post bro

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    This is the first cycle that I did with Nolvadex and Proviron , Very little water retention but I had to up the doses because the nips were getting sore. I did screw up and go a little over board with my doses in the begining of my cycle but since then I have lowered the doses to what seems to be acceptable, not stupid.

Every other cycle I did I have used Arimidex and had even less water retention and I never had the sore nips - never knew what it felt like. Next time I will opt for the Arimidex again. Good luck

Thread Information