BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

In desperate need of some female advice (aas related)

Okay, I had been real open with my girlfriend regarding my desire to use AAS in the near future. I explained the pros and cons to her in an unbiased, intelligent manner and she agreed that i was the type of person who would research this thoroughly and wouldn't put something in my body without really investigating the subject in depth. Hell, before I used creatine I researched for months.

Yesterday, I mentioned something about injecting (think I said something along the lines of how i had to increase my flexibility to inject the glutes properly) and she did a complete 180. Somehow she was fine with it until it hit her that i'd be jabbing myself with a needle - then somehow this normally intelligent, rationale and thoughtful girl (she's a bio major...so i really think she is deviating from her normal thought process here) refused to listen to a word of common sense, insisting that that is going to far (not even attempting to listen to my argument that orals are in fact more dangerous...by and large...and that should be her concern, if any).

I am pissed for two reasons. One, and most obviously, because this potentially gets in the way of my planned cycle (we've been together four years now, so, while not married, i'm not sure i want to just tell her she has no say in anything i do). But, two, and maybe more importantly, it is one hell of a kick in the ass to realize that your girlfriend of four years suddenly doesn't think you're capable of making your own informed decision, and, despite her 35,000 dollar a year education, instantly reverts back to media hype/indoctrination when she's been programmed to do so. So, maybe she isn't the independent and critical thinker (VERY important to me) i thought she was??

Anyone been in the same boat (where a significant other suddenly pulled this 180 after being cool with it)? If so, how'd you deal with it?

Metallica is offline New Member

dude...

i feel for you bro...im not in your shoes but i can tell you women get crazy sometimes...they have mood swings like crazy and at any given point they will go off on you if something sets them off...my advice to you is to make sure she is fed and well rested and then discuss the situation...trust me a woman who is full of good food and is well rested will be in a much better mood and you will be able to keep her from going off...if that doesnt work then drop it and just dont talk about it around her...see women arent rational so by trying to explain something to her about how injections are safer than orals is not the route to go...catch her on a day she slept good and is full of food then tell her that injections are safer because they dont hurt your liver or stomach...good luck...keep me posted on how it turns out...

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Too bad there was no way for you to get her on this site. Let her read testomonials, drug profiles, have her ask questions, get her involved directly. The first time I ever brought up AAS to my wife (before I ever did a cycle) she said that if I ever did that she would leave me. When I when I finally decided I was going to give it a try, we began the educational journey together. She is shortly going to be starting her 2nd full cycle and I am currently on my 4th.

seniormateus is offline Associate Member
    Good post Pete235! This is a shitty situation. If you don't totally trust her you ought to tell her that you decided not to and do it anyway. Some women will never listen and it says alot for the girl who does open her mind to reason. Check out my thread about this same exact issue. It will really help! Good Luck!

Eddyflash is offline Junior Member
    I constantly educated my girlfriend for months while I had my hands on the cycle waiting to take it... She diddn't like the idea at first so I had to explain all regular questions (media programming). Then I started my first cycle of test after she agreed it was ok and turns out... She liked my increased sex drive and how I was constantly getting larger..

Pete: Great suggestion, and while she's been a bit reluctant to come on the site (she's now started blaming it for giving me these "crazy ideas") I've printed out more than a few of the educational posts and settled on deca over eq (i think telling her i won't be doing anything not explicitly developed for human consumption will help calm her fears)...but if you think heavy triples in squats are a pain in the ass, try deprogramming someone who's been essentially brainwashed for so long. I think that her having started her bio "career" as a premed contributes to that, since it seems, ironically, that the medical community can be most adamant in its ignorance regarding aas.

Furthermore, she's now pulling the legal card...insisting that because it's illegal it's inherently wrong - I think i'll prescribe a little Plato to cure that, or at least paraphrase him...in addition to reminding her that we met at a frat party when she was 19 (ie under-age) and shitcanned...so her obey the law at all costs doesn't hold much water with me.......SO FRUSTRATING!!

joanna is offline Female Member
    OK, I'll flipt the coin here and give you my perspective from a woman's point of view. It's interesting to read about your situation, because just recently I've been talking to my boyfriend about stereoids, not necessairly because I wanted to take them, but out of my own curiosity. I did however, tell him that I wanted to try CLEN , well, he flat out told me that there is no way I was going to take it. All this is coming from a man who has done many, many cycles in his life, yet feels very uncomfortable with me taking CLEN (even thought it's not a roid). Anyway, basically I had to go to a friend of his to get it (CLEN that is...lol) even thought my bf has sources (trusted ones) all over the place.
    Bottom line is, he knows that I will buy CLEN despite his point of view on it. I have told him about CLEN, it's sources, how it works etc,

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if someone really cares about you, anything that can sabotage your health or your life is a HUGE thing to deal with. I do understand both sides. As to how to go about it, I wouldn't suggest lying because that would possibly sabotage your relationship (can you afford to do that?) I would, however, tell her that you respect her opinion, but you will do what you feel is right for YOU at this time, and just because you do not go along with her opinion/decision, does not mean that you think any less of her or your relationship. I still think that it is possible to support someone, even though you do not necessairly agree with what they do.

Hope this helps in some small way.
    Good luck
    J.
    Last edited by joanna; 11-04-2002 at 02:20 PM.

Mastiff is offline Member
    I think her problem is "NEEDLES=JUNKIE" brainwashing. Why don't you start out on an oral only or plogel/AAS cycle. I know they are not that effective, but you can make some gains and still work on the needle issue while you get her used to your taking roids. Once she gets used to that its a much smaller step to injecting. Anadrol is effective all by itself, follow it up with winny and or anavar and d-bol. Just my thought, smaller steps are easier to take.

thanks to all...the advice from all sides and angles is helpful. I just wish she had come to me and said something along the lines of "i'm concerned that steroids cause an irreversible enlarging of the heart or rise in LDL cholesterol" or something that indicated she'd at least done a bit of research before writing me off as an ignorant juice junkie I'd almost be happy she was that concerned about me. But, as it is, with the whole, "I don't want you to do them, they'll screw you up and it's illegal" thing...i'm slightly more irked by the fact that she presumes to know more than I do on the subject because, of course, steroids are bad.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by joanna
    OK, I'll flipt the coin here and give you my perspective from a woman's point of view. It's interesting to read about your situation, because just recently I've been talking to my boyfriend about stereoids, not necessairly because I wanted to take them, but out of my own curiosity. I did however, tell him that I wanted to try CLEN , well, he flat out told me that there is no way I was going to take it. All this is coming from a man who has done many, many cycles in his life, yet feels very uncomfortable with me taking CLEN (even thought it's not a roid). Anyway, basically I had to go to a friend of his to get it (CLEN that is...lol) even thought my bf has sources (trusted ones) all over the place.
    Bottom line is, he knows that I will buy CLEN despite his point of view on it. I have told him about CLEN, it's sources, how it works etc,

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if someone really cares about you, anything that can sabotage your health or your life is a HUGE thing to deal with. I do understand both sides. As to how to go about it, I wouldn't suggest lying because that would possibly sabotage your relationship (can you afford to do that?) I would, however, tell her that you respect her opinion, but you will do what you feel is right for YOU at this time, and just because you do not go along with her opinion/decision, does not mean that you think any less of her or your relationship. I still think that it is possible to support someone, even though you do not necessairly agree with what they do.

Hope this helps in some small way.
    Good luck
    J.
    Well I can sort of understand why your bf feels this way. I mean I've done a couple cycles but if my girl ever wanted to touch juice or clen or anything I'd be a little upset. I mean I guess it's one thing if you are risking your own well being (and AAS usage is a risk), but when someone you care deeply about is risking their health,.....it's different. I mean with me I could deal with it if I ended up having a heart attack or dying at age 55 or something. If shit happened to my girl it would be a LOT harder to deal with, at least for me. Not saying he is right, I'm just saying I understand where he is coming from.

womenARErationALL is offline New Member
    Man, are you people that vain that you'd risk your health just to look a little better when you probably look great already? I mean if you are exercising and all just for looks fine you're ignorant. Your ignorance can be your excuse for all the damage you'll do your body. But if you have any RATIONALITY "unlike woman" or whatever, you'd realize is that a smart person cares about more than the way his body LOOKS. A hot body is repulsice if you had to cheat and risk your life to get it. That doesn't make you smart at all and it definitely negates any sex appeal!!! There's more to life than your bods "bros," but you'll never live to learn what it is if you fill your body with poisons. Anyways, when I see someone obsessed with their appearance the first thing I wonder is exactly what insecurity or shortcoming they are trying to cover up or compensate for. To me huge fake muscles mean real small dicks and brains to match!!!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    the above is likely big green's now ex girlfriend. Speaking of BG.. i miss him in a heterosexual, intellectual way.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by womenARErationALL
    Man, are you people that vain that you'd risk your health just to look a little better when you probably look great already? I mean if you are exercising and all just for looks fine you're ignorant. Your ignorance can be your excuse for all the damage you'll do your body. But if you have any RATIONALITY "unlike woman" or whatever, you'd realize is that a smart person cares about more than the way his body LOOKS. A hot body is repulsice if you had to cheat and risk your life to get it. That doesn't make you smart at all and it definitely negates any sex appeal!!! There's more to life than your bods "bros," but you'll never live to learn what it is if you fill your body with poisons. Anyways, when I see someone obsessed with their appearance the first thing I wonder is exactly what insecurity or shortcoming they are trying to cover up or compensate for. To me huge fake muscles mean real small dicks and brains to match!!!
    Hmmm...i am so insecure. I have low self-esteem. NO NO NO.

For me, it is dedication. For me, it is pushing through hours of pain in order to gain 10 lbs in the squat. For me, it is defeating the mind over matter principles. For me, it is being able to get even more from my grueling workouts. For me, it is being a psychologist (just wanted to throw that in to show you how DUMB we all are), For me, it is setting goals and achieving them. For me, it is looking in the mirror and knowing that i accomplished something. For me, it is failing a 600lb squat but getting right under it and doing it twice. For me, it is intensity. For me it is dedication. For me it is desire.

I dont really like it when people lift with or without AS just to look good, but hate every minute of it. I understand it, just...well i guess i dont. But the thing is that i bet i workout with more intensity and power than most people who dont take AS. I love the pain, the intensity, and the dedication it takes to be good. The sides of AS are worth what i get from them. It allows me to make more out of my workouts. I agree that a 600lb bench on a natural vs. a user is more impressive than the other way around, but i like to look at it as how hard did one work. It is about percentages...did you give 100%. The AS are not an easy way out, they are a way to go farther than was possible before.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    i know that was probably not that serious but i just felt like taking it like it was

Kdog@usi is offline Associate Member
    why did that person dig up an ancient thread and say that ****? Obviously they have never worked out or they might understand SOMETHING about it. Please never come back to this board again. If you didn't notice on the way in you are in a forum where people discuss a way of life that we have chosen. we all work hard at bettering ourselves in many ways through diet, exercise, and suplements. we all have our own reasons for starting to work out and improve ourselves, but when you really get "into it" it becomes much more. Of course anyone who wants to show off that they are dedicated and be attractive must be ignorant. wtf.

Thread Information