godzi11a is offline New Member

GABA - What is it and where can I get it?

Hi,

I recently came across some GABA from a friend, it was only one tub but I noticed it improved my recovery from training as well as some slight gains in size.

After some research I have found that GABA was banned for whatever reason but I don't understand why as I have looked at the properties of GABA and its no more of a suppliment than Creatine... What exactly does GABA do as I am getting conflicting reports, some people say its like HGH and has very similar affects if you get hold of any pure GABA while others say its more like Creatine but has a slightly different way of working.

Your comments would be much appreciated as I have ordered 500G from the following site Powerbeck Sports

Thanks in advance,

Godzi11a

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    As far as I know gaba is a form or amino acids. If gaba is banned then you might want to erase you source.
    Last edited by nevaenuf; 02-22-2004 at 12:09 PM.

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    well, i've used it and at taking 5g of it will really hit me. i really only use it to sleep or relax but i think there is one study on it that showed that either 2g or 5g (i forgot the amount) increased gh levels like 500%. Other than making you realease gh i dunno what else it does but i have to say that if you take about 4 gabatropin and about 5g of GABA youll be really ****ed up in a good way.

Hyperlite is offline Associate Member
    If you are taking about Gamma Amino Butyric Acid, then you are taking about you body primary inhibitory nerotransmitter....

There are two main nuerotransmitters, Dopamine(excitatory) and GABA (inhibitory)...GABA levels raise at times when you need to be relaxed (ie:nightime). You body tends to repair itself best at night, hence increased GH levels.

To my knowledge it is not banned, i could have sworn i saw it in the store the other day....

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    it is not banned

JCDiesel is offline Junior Member
    I have not seen it for PCT, is it of importance to use ??

Hyperlite is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCDiesel
    I have not seen it for PCT, is it of importance to use ??
    It is if you have problems relaxing and can't fall asleep...

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godzi11a
    Hi,

I recently came across some GABA from a friend, it was only one tub but I noticed it improved my recovery from training as well as some slight gains in size.

After some research I have found that GABA was banned for whatever reason but I don't understand why as I have looked at the properties of GABA and its no more of a suppliment than Creatine... What exactly does GABA do as I am getting conflicting reports, some people say its like HGH and has very similar affects if you get hold of any pure GABA while others say its more like Creatine but has a slightly different way of working.

Your comments would be much appreciated as I have ordered 500G from the following site Powerbeck Sports

Thanks in advance,

Godzi11a

Bro - I think you are thinking of GHB - there is a precursor to GHB with similar intitials - that is tracked by the FEDS

GABA i sperfectly legal, sold at most herb and vitamin shops, marketed towards elderly....this is what LR was supposedly begining to sell that the feds thought was GBL....

Steven7 is offline Associate Member
    I went into a herb and vitamin shop a few weeks ago. From what I was told in there, GABA has been banned in the uk for a few years.

lollipops is offline Associate Member
    GABA is an amino acid derivative. It is the chief inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. Rather than stimulating neurons to fire, GABA inhibits neuronal activity. GABA is associated with mental states of calm and serenity, and also promotes muscle relaxation.

I have also seen that a High intake of GABA was shown to produce a significant increase in plasma growth-hormone levels.

I am planning to start a new cycle shortly and am going to try it to calm me down and sleep like a baby.

Do a search and you will find it everywhere.

godzi11a is offline New Member
    Steven7, thats exactly what I was told as I am from the UK as well. Apparantly it was banned because it was being used by track and field athletes.

I have looked at the GMB stuff and the GABA I am on about is not the same stuff. Like Lollipops said, it works while you sleep and if the right does is taken it promotes massive levels of growth. From what I hear allot of guys reckon the GABA that is legally (I think) being sold in stores is usually a cut down version and contains very little affects, the same way Hydroxycut is no where near as potent as it used to be a few years back.

Thanks again,

Godzi11a

dr_ma is offline Junior Member

dr_ma is offline Junior Member
    actually these guys have it too and it is way cheaper. I get lots of OTC supplements from them. They are very good.
    http://www.beyond-a-century.com/

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTJUICE007
    GABA i sperfectly legal, sold at most herb and vitamin shops, marketed towards elderly....this is what LR was supposedly begining to sell that the feds thought was GBL....

GBL yeah Bro that's what I was trying to say GABA is legal - at least here in the States

Thread Information