Thread: Forearms Pain

savvasfk is offline New Member

Forearms Pain

DEAR ALL,

I HAVE THIS PAIN TO MY FOREARMS BEFORE, AFTER AND WHEN I MAKE GYM AND I WONDER WHAT I MUST TO DO. i WANT TO START A CYCLE END OF MARCH AND I DONT KNOW WHAT I CAN DO.

ANY ADVISE OR SUGGESTION TO HELP ME.

S.

pm. SORRY IF I WRITE AT THIS BOARD

Kdog@usi is offline Associate Member
    huh?????

Steak Helmet is offline Associate Member
    HMMMMM I am hoping this is what you are looking for...

Increase you forearm strength...so do more forearm exercises. increase your grip strength it sounds like your muscles are exceeding your grip strength. You can handle more weight, but your forearms cannot.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Well can you describe the pain?

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    I think I know the pain he is talking about b/c I have it right now and its the worst its ever been. The pain is about 5 inches up from where the wrist meets the hand, on the outside of the forearm near the bone. It hurts the most when holding a curl bar, and it feels like a shin splint except in the middle lower arm. I believe that it is inflamation of cartilage like tissue, but I am going to have my doc look at it on friday to make sure that they are not stress fractures. To help ease the tension on the arm, I have been taping my mid forearm before lifting and it helps support the arm a little, but the pain is still noticeable. and it is worst when doing a curl motion with dumb bells or plates. Right??

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM03
    I think I know the pain he is talking about b/c I have it right now and its the worst its ever been. The pain is about 5 inches up from where the wrist meets the hand, on the outside of the forearm near the bone. It hurts the most when holding a curl bar, and it feels like a shin splint except in the middle lower arm. I believe that it is inflamation of cartilage like tissue, but I am going to have my doc look at it on friday to make sure that they are not stress fractures. To help ease the tension on the arm, I have been taping my mid forearm before lifting and it helps support the arm a little, but the pain is still noticeable. and it is worst when doing a curl motion with dumb bells or plates. Right??
    ME TOO!!! I have worked out for a long time...never had the pain before. I think I strained something while helping spot my partner a couple of weeks ago....I was just barely spotting him on bench with underside of my fingers and he gave loose unexpectdly....I caught a lot of weight all in the middle part of my fingers...hurts ever since...let me know what your doc says.
    peace,

ttgb

newbie1310 is offline Junior Member
    I too have had this pain for a long time. It does feel like a shin splint in your forearm and the pain is only unbearable when i hold a curl bar!!

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Sweeeeeeett, now we have pinpointed our problem, I have been icing it after arm workouts, tapin everyday before workouts, and aspirin. The curl bar is what makes the pain the worst, it effects my grip, I have to put the bar down slowly and slowly open my hand to avoid wincing in pain and dropping an F bomb. But I also think its along the lines of connective tissue and AS, I am now curling 45lb plates on the curl bar, and I think the surge in strength and weight is putting pressure on that tissue that its never handled before. The result I thin is the inflammation thats causing it. For those of you that want a medical opinion just pm me sometime this week or on friday and I will respond to you with an answer and hopefully a solution.
    Last edited by RJM03; 02-24-2004 at 12:33 PM.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM03
    I get it too and it hurts so bad I want to drop the curl bar! The only thing I can think that it is, is that I am getting stronger too quick for my joints/body to keep up with. I never had a problem with my joints, till now. Let us know what the doc says

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Had the same problem. There's a nerve that runs along there called the Ulnar nerve. Certain positions cause a lot of pressure and inflamation.

For me the pain was less using a straight bar and dumbbells. Took about a month to heal completely even with physical therapy. I found that avioding preacher curls helped a great deal.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I get it too when I crank.

My doc said......

I had a smal ganglean cyst( I hope I spelled that right), essentially it was like a little calcium deposit, I use to get em on the top of my right hand right smack in the middle,EXCRUTIATING PAIN. Fix,either have the doc drain it or take hella glucosamine I know I know joints etc yadi yadi yah, but It seemed to help before I resorted to aspirin.........havent had pain for years now.......just a thought

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Had the same problem. There's a nerve that runs along there called the Ulnar nerve. Certain positions cause a lot of pressure and inflamation.

For me the pain was less using a straight bar and dumbbells. Took about a month to heal completely even with physical therapy. I found that avioding preacher curls helped a great deal.
    Preacher curls is exactly what seems to get me hurting again! I know the pain after curls is horrible...set it down...open grip VERY slow...otherwise...well...I hate it when I cry. Very painful.

Thread Information