Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Big Kev...

50%Natural is offline Respected Member

RIP Big Kev...

Borrowed off another board:

Fugitive kills himself, officials say

Deputy chases suspect to South Harrell's Ferry

http://2theadvocate.com/stories/022...gitive001.shtml(thanks keymastur)

By JOSH NOEL
    [email protected]
    Advocate staff writer

For the second time in a month, a fugitive from Texas has fatally shot himself after a traffic stop in East Baton Rouge Parish, Sheriff's Office officials said Monday.
    Kevin G. Carlin, 33, died about 11 p.m. Sunday after a deputy tried to pull him over on the Millerville Road exit ramp off Interstate 12, Sheriff's Office spokesman Deputy Mike Crawford said.

Carlin fled down Millerville and South Harrell's Ferry roads, then lost control of a Chevy Lumina and came to a stop in the 17800 block of South Harrell's Ferry Road, Crawford said.

At the deputy's instruction, Carlin got out of the car, but then alternately pointed a handgun at the deputy and himself in a "teasing or taunting-type gesture," Crawford said.

The deputy fired a shot into Carlin's right arm, Crawford said.

Carlin paused a few seconds, then shot himself, Crawford said. He was declared dead at the scene.

Crawford said he did not know whether the incident was videotaped from the deputy's cruiser. He did not identify the deputy.

Carlin's last known address is in Ponchatoula, but the Lumina was registered to his mother in Texas, Crawford said.

"We don't know where he was coming from or where he was going," he said.

Houston police sought Carlin on a count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for a May 2003 incident, Houston Police Department spokesman Alvin Wright said.

Carlin was accused of hitting a man on the head with a beer bottle and punching him, Wright said.

Carlin had an "extensive" criminal record, including an arrest for attempted second-degree murder in Florida in 1989. He also had at least one DWI arrest and several drug-related arrests, Wright said.

Crawford said more information will be released about Sunday's incident on Wednesday, after the Mardi Gras holiday. He said the deputy was off duty Monday and today and he didn't know when the deputy would return to work.

In a news release, Lt. Col. Greg Phares of the Sheriff's Office said the deputy acted "lawfully, within Sheriff's Office policy and courageously."

On Jan. 21, a man wanted in a double slaying in Houston shot himself after a Louisiana state trooper pulled him over on Greenwell Springs Road, also for a traffic violation.

Timothy J. Robertson, 27, was wanted in connection with the killing of his ex-girlfriend and her mother. He shot himself while sitting in the front seat of his car, about five hours after the women were killed.

Authorities said at the time Robertson was reportedly headed to Kentwood in Tangipahoa Parish.

The trooper retreated and fired at the truck, but Coroner Shannon Cooper said Robertson died of a single gunshot to the chest.
    Last edited by 50%Natural; 02-24-2004 at 03:39 PM.

Are we sure this is big kev

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LightWeightBaby
    i dont think he would have posted something so serious as a joke...or maybe so

all i can say is... wow, never saw that coming

this is so disturbing..............yeah the dude was a scammer, but him dying is still really sad.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    For Real?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    FYI, bigkev = Kevin Carlin.

can you put the link up to Baton Rouge's paper (The advocate) - www.theadvocate.com - but put where the article is listed at.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    This is him for sure. Like I said on another board I am saddened even though he was a scamming bastard. He was a bro of mine for a while and I use to talk to him practical every night back in the day. It just shows that you can never really know who anyone is. Yes he deserved this but I can't help but feel sad a little. Not crying sad but sad still. NO I"M NOT ON CLOMID

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    I guess he wasn't bullteproof after all.

Yeah yeah yeah, bad taste whatever. It's just hard to feel sorry for that guy in any way, shape or form. But then I'm an asshole like that I guess.

-LH

Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    How is it sad? He put a bullet in his own head!!
    How is suicide not sad.....It is a waste of a life. I am sorry but death is not taken likely by me. having several friends who have killed themselves, even if they are scammer that by no means justifies a suicide or makes it not sad.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    That's some f'ed up sh*t!

Sad.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Wierd

KeyMastur is offline VET

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Explains his actions a bit because of his mass scamming. No telling what else he was taking to induce his emotional state. Also, no telling what dramatized him so bad he scammed so many members and it came to this point. Even though he was a scammer and became despised he didnt deserve to die. There is a lot behind the lines not said here Im sure. No one goes from being so admired then hated, and then suicidal, with out some dramatical event taking place. I feel sorry for him. Something happend to this man and it pushed him over that is no doubt.

NoLimits is offline Member
    I am not going to defend the guy but it sure is funny how so many guys on here followed his every word for a long time, and stroked his ego whenever he posted a pic. Now these same people act like he never did anything good for them! He did answer a lot of questions that were asked of him. You just have to wonder what drives a person to take their own life...!
    Last edited by NoLimits; 02-24-2004 at 02:04 PM.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Well....hell....RIP BigKev.....you did provide me with good lifting advice over the years. Hope you are in a better place.

peace,

ttgb

karma, i knew it would come back to him it always does. for every action there is a reaction.

RON
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    Explains his actions a bit because of his mass scamming. No telling what else he was taking to induce his emotional state. Also, no telling what dramatized him so bad he scammed so many members and it came to this point. Even though he was a scammer and became despised he didnt deserve to die. There is a lot behind the lines not said here Im sure. No one goes from being so admired then hated, and then suicidal, with out some dramatical event taking place. I feel sorry for him. Something happend to this man and it pushed him over that is no doubt.

Looks like someone is a professional on criminal profiling

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    ****. He came across as a good guy here for a while before scamming members. He was quite helpful to me in designing a workout. It's a shame for anyone to kill themselves and my prayers go out to his family especially his mother.

NoLimits is offline Member
    Didn't he have a daughter as well? I feel for her!

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Sad??? Are you ****ing kidding me???

Why the hell would it be sad???

If it is true he was a piece of ****!!!

Scamming pieces of **** like that need

to die IMO and I don't care what anyone

Else thinks of my opinion on this one!!!

this is so disturbing..............yeah the dude was a scammer, but him dying is still really sad.

shhhhhhh...RON bro told ya man in PM's dont be tellin peeps im a FED!
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Looks like someone is a professional on criminal profiling

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    That is sad I agree, are we 100% sure its the same Kevin Carlin??

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Sad??? Are you ****ing kidding me???

Why the hell would it be sad???

If it is true he was a piece of ****!!!

Scamming pieces of **** like that need

to die IMO and I don't care what anyone

Else thinks of my opinion on this one!!!
    IMO your a dumba$$......yeah he cheated people out of money but does he deserve to die.......I think no

RON
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM03
    That is sad I agree, are we 100% sure its the same Kevin Carlin??
    100%

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    shhhhhhh...RON bro told ya man in PM's dont be tellin peeps im a FED!
    Our little neighborhood narc.

No matter what you thought of the guy (I didn't know him...but know about him)...the situation is still tragic.

Some say Karma...but scamming money is not on the level with death...a severe beating yes...but not death. Taking one's own life is tragic no matter the reason. Just as our NARC stated...there must have been some very serious things going on that we don't know about...who the hell am I to judge a man in that right. I have been scammed, but I certinly don't wish death on the perpetrator.

jbigstick25 is offline New Member

Ive been away for to long.....

I cant believe that.....I didnt know he had a list of records from before. Take it easy fellas.....thats some pretty harsh things to say about someone who just killed himself.......scammer or not.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    ive said it before and ill say it again.....WOW!!

That is my opinion on the matter and I'm entitled to it...

It does not make me a dumbass, nor do you know all the facts jack!!

And I will not take it back or change it for anyone or anything, period...

IMO your a dumba$$......yeah he cheated people out of money but does he deserve to die.......I think no

RON
    LETS NOT FIGHT OVER THIS DIRTBAG. Yes he was scum no one is deigning that. Just be civil and remember opinions are like asses everyone one is one.(has one what ever)

Don't start flaming over this BS
    Last edited by RON; 02-24-2004 at 02:39 PM.

Agreed ron, but my opinion has more to do then just

his scamming so that's all I will say on the matter...

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

ron

spit it out ron!

Swellin Guest
    Just to switch gears a bit.....Ron...civil is spelled with an I.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    RIP

BLT

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    That is my opinion on the matter and I'm entitled to it...

It does not make me a dumbass, nor do you know all the facts jack!!

And I will not take it back or change it for anyone or anything, period...
    Maybe when you have seen a body on the ground of someone who has just jumped off a building then maybe you can tell me that someone deserves to die. I disagree with you so much, even if he killed someone it will still be hard to justify his death. You can't take the eye for and eye mantality, in the end you will just have a lot of blind people.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    His best post in my humble opinion: http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=18473

RON
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    Just to switch gears a bit.....Ron...civil is spelled with an I.
    Shhh..... **** I forgot the spellcheck lol

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never had contact with Big Kev. When i became a member here he was already a scammer, or became a scammer shortly after i joined. I dont think its sad that he killed himself. However i dont think he deserved it either. Wow he scammed some people off of a few hundred dollars, that isnt enough to want him to die. How many people download music files, guess what you are scamming money off of the artists. Should you die for it?

My best friend is a volunteer firefighter and my other boy's dad the chief...
    I have been there on ride alongs when I was gonna join...

And yes I have seen all kinds of things including people with their heads severed in car accidents...

sorry to have hit a nerve with you, but my personality is one that would allow me to take a bullet for a true trusted friend or cause much damage to a enemy...

Big Kev was not a true trusted friend of mine, so you can decide what I considered him...

I am done with this now, if you have more to say PM me and let's keep it off the board so we both don't look like little kids bitching...

Maybe when you have seen a body on the ground of someone who has just jumped off a building then maybe you can tell me that someone deserves to die. I disagree with you so much, even if he killed someone it will still be hard to justify his death. You can't take the eye for and eye mantality, in the end you will just have a lot of blind people.

Demon, he scammed a few thousand dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    I have never had contact with Big Kev. When i became a member here he was already a scammer, or became a scammer shortly after i joined. I dont think its sad that he killed himself. However i dont think he deserved it either. Wow he scammed some people off of a few hundred dollars, that isnt enough to want him to die. How many people download music files, guess what you are scamming money off of the artists. Should you die for it?

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Crazy!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information