Steve is offline Associate Member

Doc wants to take blood, wats this mean??

Hi, i have a problem with bad flushing of the skin, where i sweat bad and go red for no reason, I know its not steroids because ive has this problem before i started using. I just been to the docs and when i told him, the first thing he asked was if im using steroids, i said no because i knew he would blame them. He gives me a list and tells me to go and take it to the desk and make an appointment at the reception for blood tests. heres what i can make out on the list: FBL, CRP, LET, TET, FSH, LH, PROLACTIN,SERUM TESTOSTERONE . Does this mean hes gonna know im takin a gram of test a week???
    Last edited by Steve; 02-25-2004 at 04:51 AM.

Antwan is offline Associate Member
    I think you would have been better off to tell him the truth and that the condition was there before you started. Also, if he asked then he suspected so I would think they would check. Who knows though?

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I would imagine he would test for it, considering it's a cause.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    yeah i think its safe to assume that once he gives you those tests, he will know your on cycle... its best to honest bro

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Hi, i have a problem with bad flushing of the skin, where i sweat bad and go red for no reason, I know its not steroids because ive has this problem before i started using. I just been to the docs and when i told him, the first thing he asked was if im using steroids, i said no because i knew he would blame them. He gives me a list and tells me to go and take it to the desk and make an appointment at the reception for blood tests. heres what i can make out on the list: FBL, CRP, LET, TET, FSH, LH, PROLACTIN,SERUM TESTOSTERONE. Does this mean hes gonna know im takin a gram of test a week???
    Don't waste yours and your doctors time in going to him if you aren't going to tell him the truth. He can't treat you without it.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I can't stress that enough!! If you are going to take the time to make an appointment, go in to see him, and then get billed for it, why not go in there and shoot straight with him..Nothing annoy's me more then when a patient comes into my office and then beats around the issues..Come out with it..If you get a lecture, then so be it..It's not the end of the world..Ethically he can't condone your steroid use , but he also isn't going to cast you into the depths of hell either..

I would strongly suggest you make a point to talk to him/her prior to these blood tests or you are going to get called out on it when they review your labs..If you are taking a gram a week, then that is going to be a huge red flag to the Doctor..Not many Doctor's keep up on steroid use, but they also aren't stupid either..Some things are just very obvious when you review the numbers..Man up and go in there and be honest so you can get the help that you need..Good Luck!!

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Don't waste yours and your doctors time in going to him if you aren't going to tell him the truth. He can't treat you without it.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    I can't stress that enough!! If you are going to take the time to make an appointment, go in to see him, and then get billed for it, why not go in there and shoot straight with him..Nothing annoy's me more then when a patient comes into my office and then beats around the issues..Come out with it..If you get a lecture, then so be it..It's not the end of the world..Ethically he can't condone your steroid use , but he also isn't going to cast you into the depths of hell either..

I would strongly suggest you make a point to talk to him/her prior to these blood tests or you are going to get called out on it when they review your labs..If you are taking a gram a week, then that is going to be a huge red flag to the Doctor..Not many Doctor's keep up on steroid use, but they also aren't stupid either..Some things are just very obvious when you review the numbers..Man up and go in there and be honest so you can get the help that you need..Good Luck!!

Doc M
    Excellent Advice Doc

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I told my Dr. I was on and though he wasn't happy, he thanked me for telling him. BE HONEST with your Dr.

Thread Information