cobra2814 is offline New Member

Question Repoxygen available yet?

This is a drug, just like EPO that naturally enhances your body's ability to make red blood cells, and increases your endurance. It is a brand new drug, and is virtually undetectable. The trouble is, I can't find it anywhere. I am not looking for a source , I am just curious if anyone on here knows if it is "available" for use yet by athletes looking to dope. I am one of those athletes. Again, I'm not looking for a specific source, I just would like to know if it is obtainable at this point. Thanks.

longhornDr is offline Member
    It's not simply a drug, it's gene therapy.

It hasn't even been tested in humans yet.

It's not obtainable.

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    Repoxygen
    Repoxygen is the tradename for a type of gene therapy that is claimed to induce controlled release of erythropoietin (EPO) in response to low oxygen concentration. EPO stimulates the production of red blood cells (RBC) thereby increasing the amount of oxygen the blood can deliver to the muscles.

Repoxygen has been developed to treat patients with anaemia. It is activated in response to low oxygen concentration in surrounding tissue and turned off again once systemic oxygen concentration has been restored. Hence this process is said to be controlled/self-regulating and essentially mimics, in the muscle, what normally occurs in the human kidney when EPO is produced naturally.

Athletes may consider using Repoxygen as a means of increasing RBC mass. However in principle, if Repoxygen acts as described, it should not raise RBC levels above normal due to it's self-regulating properties and therefore may be a poor choice for doping purposes.

Side Effects
    Repoxygen is not currently available as a legitimate therapeutic agent nor has it been tested in human trials. Furthermore the self-regulation function of Repoxygen observed in laboratory research is so far unproven in human tissue. Therefore the illegitimate use of Repoxygen may be an extremely dangerous practice.

Side effects caused by increasing RBC levels unnaturally include the blood becoming viscous and causing the heart to work harder to pump the blood. Viscous blood is also more prone to clotting. Such side effects could also increase the risk of heart attack, stroke and pulmonary embolism (lung clot). The risk is exacerbated by dehydration, which often occurs during endurance exercise.

Status in sport

duceirae is offline New Member
    nice info here.. is there any other new info on gene doping?

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    NO THANKS.. THAT'S ONE THING i'll never touch if it becomes available !!!!!!!

Thread Information