BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

FORUM SUGGESTIONS...helping newbies

I just read a post that talked about stop telling everyone just to read. It is true that we get a lot of newbie questions that could easily be found reading. However, we get a lot of them so maybe a new forum would be a good idea. Here is my suggestion: The reason that newbies always get told to just read is because they are the same questions answered over and over and they are basic. But if we had a forum designated soley for newbies looking for how to put a cycle together, asking if we can drink winny, etc then it might stop the repetitive basic questions we get here. That way, if you dont want to see the dumb questions then dont go to that part. If you want to help newbies answer dumb, silly, and basic questions then go to that forum and give them advice. That way, instead of just reading to find these answers, they can ask them on that forum only. It wont stop all of them on here, but some. And yes, the traffic wont be great there, but that is a good thing. That would still force them to go do some research but it is still a place to ask those questions if need be. Shoot, id be willing to go in there and help.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Many computer help forums are like that...it seem to work well. I'm for something like that.

D

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Ah yes. The hundreth post suggesting this. Yet it always seems to be a great NEW idea. Since the traffic there wont be great, I doubt they would go there. They dont go to the educational forums with ALL the info they ask, so confining them or suggesting they go to a newbie forum is just the same as telling them to read the educational forums.
    Vets arent gonna just give answers to questions just to help. That is not a smart idea to tell a new person to take this cycle. It is more complicated and time consuming than just answering YES to dbol 30mgs. It is asking their experience etc.
    It really isnt that big of a deal with the newbies. Its just that ONE THREAD is pointed out by everyone where as the other thousand go un noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Ah yes. The hundreth post suggesting this. Yet it always seems to be a great NEW idea. Since the traffic there wont be great, I doubt they would go there. They dont go to the educational forums with ALL the info they ask, so confining them or suggesting they go to a newbie forum is just the same as telling them to read the educational forums.
    Vets arent gonna just give answers to questions just to help. That is not a smart idea to tell a new person to take this cycle. It is more complicated and time consuming than just answering YES to dbol 30mgs. It is asking their experience etc.
    It really isnt that big of a deal with the newbies. Its just that ONE THREAD is pointed out by everyone where as the other thousand go un noticed.
    very good points...i dont think someone should just say "this is what cycle you should take" but im thinking of something more along the lines of a mentor type thing that would help the newbies through the process of learning about AS. True, you can read a book and learn something but if you have a teacher to show you what to read and help explain it it is a lot better. The hardest part of being a newbie is knowing what info is important to read and where to start. A mentor type thing might be able to guide newbs through the process.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    very good points...i dont think someone should just say "this is what cycle you should take" but im thinking of something more along the lines of a mentor type thing that would help the newbies through the process of learning about AS. True, you can read a book and learn something but if you have a teacher to show you what to read and help explain it it is a lot better. The hardest part of being a newbie is knowing what info is important to read and where to start. A mentor type thing might be able to guide newbs through the process.

It is a good idea. I saw a thread like this and everyone agreed to it. I will admit I will just ask a question without searching first. It is easier getting the quesiton specifically answered right away as to searching trhough threads that do not relate to you specifically.
    In most cases though, newbies can just PM mods and vets which they usually do. That is the simplest way of dealing with it rather than having a million threads with 2 posts in them. The question, then the answer.
    Good thinking though. Maybe a newbie chatroom. I dont know.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    noone will go as usual, it's easier just to post in here

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    It is a good idea. I saw a thread like this and everyone agreed to it. I will admit I will just ask a question without searching first. It is easier getting the quesiton specifically answered right away as to searching trhough threads that do not relate to you specifically.
    In most cases though, newbies can just PM mods and vets which they usually do. That is the simplest way of dealing with it rather than having a million threads with 2 posts in them. The question, then the answer.
    Good thinking though. Maybe a newbie chatroom. I dont know.
    Actually i love the idea of a general chatroom. If we could all just get on and talk about this stuff that would be cool. Wonder if thats possible

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    general chat room would be a good thing... to think that all this could just be eliminated if the newbs would not be lazy and search... it's ashame there is all this info in the pasts that goes unnoticed because people don;t want to put the time into it... i think it kind of shows a little something about these people thogh who don;t want to put the effort in to do a simple search, how the hell can they put the effort in to use AS?? It really doesn;t even matter what we all tell them anyway half have already ordered their **** and are about to take it anyway and jsut want some reassurance what they already did is ok... it's a shame.......

Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    general chat room would be a good thing... to think that all this could just be eliminated if the newbs would not be lazy and search... it's ashame there is all this info in the pasts that goes unnoticed because people don;t want to put the time into it... i think it kind of shows a little something about these people thogh who don;t want to put the effort in to do a simple search, how the hell can they put the effort in to use AS?? It really doesn;t even matter what we all tell them anyway half have already ordered their **** and are about to take it anyway and jsut want some reassurance what they already did is ok... it's a shame.......
    in a perfect world we would already be educated....but i guess we would still have the **** media. LOL, anyways, who else would like to see a chat room?

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    If people went to a general chat room, they end up asking the same questions. If we create a new forum for newbies, they will just come back to this one. What the difference if you go to a Newbie forum or use the search button? No matter what you do, they will always end up back in this room asking questions...It's something we have to live with. They will come to this forum because they know this is the forum that gets the most attention. I mean, people know we have a "steroids Pic" forum, but they still post in here because as they know it's the most used forum.

BLT

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    If people went to a general chat room, they end up asking the same questions. If we create a new forum for newbies, they will just come back to this one. What the difference if you go to a Newbie forum or use the search button? No matter what you do, they will always end up back in this room asking questions...It's something we have to live with. They will come to this forum because they know this is the forum that gets the most attention. I mean, people know we have a "steroids Pic" forum, but they still post in here because as they know it's the most used forum.

BLT
    True, true. im sure our mods have thought about this many times before. But im kinda changing subjects and hoping that we can just get a general forum that we all could use. We could all learn more about we came here to learn as well as more about each other. I would be completely up for helping with a general chat if there is a bunch of work that needs to be done. Of course im not a computer expert but if there is anything that i could do to help i would.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    True, true. im sure our mods have thought about this many times before. But im kinda changing subjects and hoping that we can just get a general forum that we all could use. We could all learn more about we came here to learn as well as more about each other. I would be completely up for helping with a general chat if there is a bunch of work that needs to be done. Of course im not a computer expert but if there is anything that i could do to help i would.
    Amen bro, Amen!!!!

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Great idea

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There was a chat function on here but it was a scammer haven. It is to hard to moderate and keep members safe. I know Jason is working on something but I am not sure what will happen with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    There was a chat function on here but it was a scammer haven. It is to hard to moderate and keep members safe. I know Jason is working on something but I am not sure what will happen with it.

Well, good to hear. keep us updated.

Thread Information