Silverback51 is offline New Member

help....infection????

I took a 500mg shot of sustanon on Sunday. I wiped the needle clean with alcohol, wiped the top of the bottle clean, and cleaned my skin(all with different cotton). I aspirated and was clear of blood, and did not feel any nerves as I went in.
    I ALWAYS take shots in the quad, but thought I'd switch it up and hit my glute. Shot went just fine. Monday morning I wake up, my ass cheek is swollen, it's red, hot, and of course hurts like a bitch. I've been headachey, and felt week since Monday. Today was the best I felt, I trained but halfway through I got the same symptoms again, and I feel like ass(no pun intended) again.

Does this sound like an infection? If so, any recommendations to clear it up?
    Thanks for all of your help.
    Silverback51

My cycle:
    HGH 2 IU m-f sat-sun off
    Sust 1000mgs per week, divided into 2 doses, sun eve and thurs am
    Winny 50 mgs EOD

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    what is the area like now Bro ? Cellulitis will show in that area first before it goes systemic ( most of the time )

It is red, hot, and very tender. The injection site is acutally a small bruise too.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    is this your first time using sust?

I would monitor it for the next 48 hours if you feel like the symptoms are getting worse go to ER but it should clear up if it is not- I do have one question - why did you wipe the needle with alcohol ? The needle - presuming you change after withdrawing juice - is sterile. Never touch it. If you do you risk putting something on it - if it does touch something - get another pin - they are cheap and your health is worth too much - safety first Bro

It wasn't a used needle, I guess it was a matter of being extra cautious(using alcohol), but I guess it could have done it. I've used sust before, usually at 500mgs per week, so this is definitely the strongest dosage I've run.

Is there anything at home I can do to cure this if it is an infection? Does it does like an infection, or something you'd think would dissapate?

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback51
    It wasn't a used needle, I guess it was a matter of being extra cautious(using alcohol), but I guess it could have done it. I've used sust before, usually at 500mgs per week, so this is definitely the strongest dosage I've run.

Is there anything at home I can do to cure this if it is an infection? Does it does like an infection, or something you'd think would dissapate?

Thanks for your help.
    No Bro - I didn't say it was a used needle - it is just if it is sterile , it is only sterile till touched - is there any chance your gear is bad ( contaminated ) ?
    As for treating it at home - I would have to see it and touch it to say that - I do know Vit C never hurt anyone - I would take 5000mg for the next couple of days and some type of anti-diarrheal ( side effect of the Vit C ) and lots of water but like I said if there is no improvement go to ER - nothing to mess with an abcsess is bad business - keep us posted

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    yea, what kind of sust is it?

I wouldn't think the gear is contaminated. The bottle was sealed, the box was sealed, it looked exactly like the last bit of sust that I ran before thanksgiving. This was my third shot, out of the bottle, and I hadn't had any problems until now.

CajunMuscle is offline Associate Member
    im willing to bet that the infection is due to the wiping of the needle with the alcohol pad. When you remove a syringe from the sealed pack it is completely sterile. You should never ever touch the needle. I noticed i was getting a slight infection after every injection so i changed some things. I now draw from the bottle with a needle, then remove that one and replace it with a new one. You dont realize it but even though you swap the rubber stopper with a alcohol pad, there is still bacteria on it. Since i started doing this, i have had no problems....$HIT, where's some wood, knock knock.

Thread Information